• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming Chance?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hello, anyway lately I have been doing a lot of taming, but it seemed to be taking far too long. so i checked stratics taming chance calculator and started keeping track of tame attempts. Well have done about a dozen and i am consistently below avg for example at 20% taming chance you should avg 5 taming attempts for each tame(assuming everything stays the same). a dozen is a small sample, however my avg is approximately a third of what i should be getting(15 attempts instead of 5 , as above). Have been gone awhile, so has anything changed with taming or anyone else getting low results?

Lee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Start a character with 50 and jewl up to 80 and go to jhelom farms and tame bulls

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120/120 on my tamers, some with and some without jewls.
I'm 120 with jewels. Is that 20% only count when they start the tame? I'm about 5% on just getting it to not go angry. Then some one else just walks up and tames it on the first try.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm 120 with jewels. Is that 20% only count when they start the tame? I'm about 5% on just getting it to not go angry. Then some one else just walks up and tames it on the first try.
From what I remember you had a 5% chance of attempting to tame(you get the"you anger the beast" message 95% of time, and 5% you get to attempt to tame and is what i avg). ya the 20% is taming chance when you finally get you attempt to tame message. went out today and tried 5 more tames, and my avg is still about 1/3 of what is listed on stratics taming chance calculator.It has always been fairly close in past, so i'm assuming something may have changed, although if uo did change something then they may not have told players.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the 20% is taming chance when you finally get you attempt to tame message.
I have not documented mine, but I think mine is about 20%. That 5% one is the time consumer.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
taming chance depends on what your pet your trying to tame, however, i was doing one yesterday that i had a 32% chance to tame.I had the 95%"you anger the beast" about 19 out of 20 attempts, but when i did get the tame part it took 17 times to succeed with taming, The avg would be about 3 times. so basically it took 340 attempts to tame, 323 you angered the beast messages, and 17 actual taming attempts,and I succeded on the 17th attempt. when I left taming was not this laborious and, while not exact, the stratics animal taming calculator was pretty close when it came to over all average tame attempt chance. This has not been the case since i have returned.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you are wondering what's best for you to train on you might try getting one of those balls from the quest in Ter Mur... It then will tell you if you are working your skill at the right balance...