• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming and Bots

S

Savock

Hi,
ive only recently come back to UO and have been trying to get by taming past GM. Well ive been going to the old places to grind points and ive seen a couple of people recently using bots for days on end.
i know they are using bot cos they dont talk to you and if you change the Bulls name for example to bull rather than A Bull they just walk past him. i even manage to trap one in some bales of hay lol.
My point is, is this still cheating in game cos ive sent a message via help to a GM but no reply.

Thanks Savock Drachenfels

ok i'll take out the names but if want to see screenies just ask

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to go read the ROC before making anymore posts. Breaking rules by accusing specific players of breaking rules, makes you no different them they are.

S

Savock

Being a player who spend his time grinding for results rather than getting a bot to do is a big difference.
Yes, i didnt read the rules but im not bad for trying to find out if it is still a cheat and trying to shame the people seen doing it. Im pretty sure its a cheat of some sort.
i really dont see how im as bad as them lazy asses

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want to turn this into a flame war...so I will just say this and let it drop.

It is very simple...by your own admission you knew the rule and chose to ignore it and do what you wanted. No one is above the rules...not in game...or on the forums.

They know the rules and they choose to ignore it and do what they want....

It IS the exact same thing. You can't justify breaking a rule by saying you are trying to stop rule breakers....that is hypocritical at best!

If you are uncertain if it is a rule violation...go read the rules. My guess is you know it is against the rules...you just felt UO rules are more important than forum rules.

S

Savock

if you read my post i had a bit of a typo

''Yes, i didnt read the rules but im not bad for trying to find out if it is still a cheat ''

what i ment was No, i didnt read the rules, so im not trying to be above the forum rules. Also as soon as you brought the name placing to my attention i removed them didnt i.

all i wanted to know was, if it was still and cheat and maybe if anyone knew why i didnt get replies of a UO gm, ive only been back on UO for two months and thought UOs would be a quick way to get a few answers.

i left uo in 2001 and came back jan dec 2008 so i thought maybe a few rules had changed.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well then my apologies...here let me help you out...

Yes cheating is against the rules of UO

Yes talking about cheats/exploits, cheat programs and accusing people of cheating is against the rules of stratics.

You probably logged out before a GM could get to you in the queue. You probably got a msg saying "you are 9th in the queue".

If you stick around long enough someone will come talk to you or you will get a msg. They don't drop what they are doing and come running simply because someone Thinks someone is cheating.

Or maybe by the time they did get there, the other person is logged out.

You don't actually think they should take your word for it do you? I GM needs proof, and sorry your screenies just don't cut it.

BTW...PM are covered by the ROC as well. Offering to send people screenies in PM is hardly better than posting them in the forums.

S

Savock

You seem to be taking this very serious Timber, like this is some personal attack at you.

Also you have no idea how long i was online, when i sent a pm to a GM and if the person was still botting at the time.

At the moment you seem to just wanna take a dig at me. Ive taken back my slight rule break but all i get from you is sarcastic replies,

So i'll take my leave, Good gaming and thanks for ya help :D

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just so there is no confusion...your "slight" rule break is reasonable grounds to get an immediate ban from the forums.

This discussion has continued because you kept attempting to justify your comments and actions.

And yes I take disingenuity and hypocracy seriously. They are pet peeves of mine.

Good luck with your taming....

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow grinding an axe much? pancakes out this poor guy for asking a reasonable question?

To answer your original post, cheating is not allowed, but the GM's in UO are barely around any more and take hours to respond to pages, and it is usually a canned reply. You need to page about 3 times to (maybe) get one to actually show up.

And I do not want to hear about blah, blah, blah acusations of scripting and cheating, you cannot do that it's against the ROC. You KNOW it is rampant in UO. It is like speeding, it is against the law, but the cops barely enforce it and everyone does it, to a degree, so why not.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There has always been those that cheat/hack and those that don't.

Everyone DOESN"T do it! That is a lie spread by the cheaters and hackers so they don't feel guilty.

Gm's do come when you page....in the last month I have paged twice and had GM's arrive in a reasonable period of time to solve the issues.

The Roc is there for a reason...I could careless what you do and don't want to hear!