• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming Advancement Alternative? There's another way!

S

Salindra

Ive just started playing UO and I like the concept of being able to fight along side my trusty pet, whatever it may be. I have been playing for a week now and I really like the game. What I don't like is the process of training your taming skills. Running around in circles for hours on end just isn't fun. I want to hunt and fight epic battles.(epic is very subjective at my lvl
). Now I'm not here to complain and run, but maybe suggest to the community an idea of making the process of gaining skills more enjoyable. Stay open minded!

I am not asking to take away the system, which is beloved by most trainers, but add to the experience. How about making gains combat based as well.

Lets say your taming skill lvl is 35. You enter into a hunting area where the creatures that you will be fighting has a higher taming skill level, lets say 37. While your pet fights you gain taming gains, similar to gaining weaponry skills. If you fight things that are less than your taming skills, you will gain less and visa versa for creatures that are more difficult. The longer your pet fights the better your taming skill gains.

Now this can be tweaked in so many ways. Its not an attempt to make taming easy but more enjoyable to a differnt play style. Tell me what you think (constructively please) and give me your pros and cons.

Thanks,

Sal

G

Every command we make to the pet checks our taming skill, and should, therefore, have a chance to gain.

G

While I absolutely welcome this discussion, just know that this is a hotly debated topic which comes around, oh, roughly once a month. Provided we can keep it civil, folks, I'm always glad to see the discussion.

I like taming, Salindra. If I'm completely honest, I much prefer the art of actually taming critters to the art of handling pets or what seems to me to be what you've termed`fighting epic battles' with pets.

I have no objection whatsoever to slaughtering tameables literally in the thousands to obtain the one pet which meets my specific requirements. In fact, the more difficult it is to find it or spawn it and then tame it, well, the better I like it.

To my mind, lore equates to handling &amp; knowledge, while taming equates to, well, actually <u>taming</u>.

I don't agree that taming skill should be gained by any method other than utilising the taming skill, BUT it's important to note that's just my very own opinion which isn't any more or any less valid or important than anyone elses'.

We already have a very good chance at gaining in animal lore skill (not taming)simply by using the veterinary skill to keep our pets alive whilst training or hunting with them. We therefore do gain in what I see as the handling (lore) skill simply for successfully keeping our pets alive as well as gaining in the veterinary skill whilst we do so. Our pets gain in skill, too, making them more powerful than they are on taming them which is another nice bonus as well as an excellent incentive for keeping the critters alive.

Really, one could easily say you already have your wish, Salindra, although it's lore you gain in for successful handling rather than taming.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has always been my stance and it will never change: there should be 2 different skills, animal taming, and animal "control" (or whatever you want to call it). There are people who love to tame, looking for the best stats and resists. And there are people who only want to fight with/train pets. With 2 seperate skills, I think it works great for both parties (and those that like to do both).

Imagine all the gold tamers could make selling pets to those that don't want to raise the taming skill.

It's never going to happen, but I can dream.

S

Salindra

Being able to control the pet in the fevor of battle, during the stress of things is an accomplishment itself. Commanding old faithful to battle a horrorible beast, a beast that makes the sturdiest of warriors shiver, and he obeys your commands, fighting to the death without turning tail, is true control.

Taming should be multi-faceted. Taming should not only require the aquisition of the pet, but the contol of it during battle. The sword to the fighter is his tool of expertise, he/she gains skill from use, as should a tamer when using his pet. Maybe the definition of taming needs to be expanded to more than what was previous intended or maybe it should be called something different.

I appreciate the well thought out post and I look foward to further discussion.

L

Luvan

You know i have returned this year to uo after years away.
i decided i wanted a tamer because i missed the one i gm'd so many years ago...(i curse myself nightly for giving my old account away)
i feel your pain with the slow taming gains.
But i feel it in a somewhat worse way as i have tasted the best and now am working my way there again.

honestly this topic has been debated since UO started. Taming has always been the slowest skill to raise.

this made sense back in the old days when a dragon could stomp even the best player while he was wearing an entire set of platemail of invulnarability.
Taming should be extremely hard when it is that over powered...

now days you can get leather armor that is actually better than plate armor. And more importantly, a single fighter with the right skills and equipmet can kill a dragon (white wyrm, the post is in the warrior forum) in 1 (yes i said ONE) hit.
No longer is a tamer and his pet near god like in status. It is just the profession the player chose to be equal if not a little weaker with the stupid auto target all the pets have.

UO should do something to make the skills gains a bit more reasonable in light of the skill itself not being overpowered anymore.
Alas... It isn't likely to happen in our lifetimes. So buy an advanced char token from a third party vendor... Slap on a couple jewels to get to 105-110 taming. And go enjoy life.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Being able to control the pet in the fevor of battle, during the stress of things is an accomplishment itself. Commanding old faithful to battle a horrorible beast, a beast that makes the sturdiest of warriors shiver, and he obeys your commands, fighting to the death without turning tail, is true control.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree with you that what you describe is pet control. I'm genuinely curious what handling/controlling a pet is supposed to teach one about the various methods of taming it?

<blockquote><hr>

Taming should be multi-faceted.

[/ QUOTE ]The Taming Profession is multi-faceted. Like any other skill/profession in UO, a tamer is limited only by his or her own chosen template.

L

Luvan

Heck, if you are on cats i have extra jewels.

i pretty much have resigned myself to the ggs system
each day i log in the first thing i do is go tame a kirin. Get my .1 skill. Then go do something that is actually fun.

S

Salindra

Tamers are multi-faceted. The tamer skill is 1 dimensional. To break the mold what im saying is to change the way you obtain gains. Instead of the rigid one way of doing it why not let it be done through combat.

Im not asking for quicker gains. The gains can stay exactly the same. Example you gain .5 from an hour of normal training. Well you can gain that .5 from one hour of combat as well.

Just because it doesnt meet the exact definition of tamer, doesnt mean it cant be molded into something more exciting.

I

imported_lindylou

<blockquote><hr>

I don't agree that taming skill should be gained by any method other than utilising the taming skill, BUT it's important to note that's just my very own opinion which isn't any more or any less valid or important than anyone elses'.

[/ QUOTE ] You said it all LadyNico. This is how I perceive being a tamer/ranger as well.

UO allows people differences in achieving the same goal. Tamers use various methods to gain skill and tame pets. Some are looking for the perfect pet and some just want a foo foo pet for show. Some use lead taming, some use peace and some use paralyze, etc. but they all achieve the same thing.

I also kill hundreds of pets looking the the perfect ones.

G

Both taming and tamers are multi-faceted, Salindra. There's a whole bunch of critters to tame and, as Lindylou points out, a whole bunch of ways &amp; methods to set about taming them.

I still don't understand what handling/controlling a beast would teach us about how to actually tame it.

Instead, it seems to me that learning how to actively tame a critter, observing it in its wild state, making tame attempts in its natural environment, etc, would teach us much about how best to control it later. In other words, I don't think it's a happy accident that this is reflected by passive animal lore gains whilst actively taming.

I don't think it's any coincidence either that there's absolutely no taming skill gain for successful commands/control of a pet since this would invariably be subject to abuse.

Call me a cynical old vet if you will (I've been called far worse, believe me!), however, I can all too easily imagine a tamer holed-up in his or her house spamming "all follow me" or "all kill" to two safely confined non-magical creatures all the way to 120 Taming at which point the tamer has effectively learned how to spam commands and precisely nothing of actively taming critters.

Others share your ideas, Salindra, and I have little doubt they'll add their own thoughts very soon, however, I'm just not one of them. I do, however, firmly uphold your right to express them.

G

I shall admit that the suggestion of there being two styles (class/skills) for the pet using style is interesting...

One that a player could use instead of the taming skill that permits them to own pets (based on skill level as taming is) and control them yet not be able to tame them.. something better than what herding does on its own currently

There prolly should be a higher skill needed in order to control pets than what is needed with taming but it does add variety to the taming template.

Lore (it would need to be a higher level also)and vetting would still be required but instead of taming they could pick the other control skill, gaining in this new control skill would be faster and be based on just control of the animals...

call it animal husbandry maybe?

*shrugs*

EDIT: to clarify... there would be no way to tame anything with the control only tamer template... they would need another tamer tamer
to get their pets from... not a big deal but anyways...

G

In my opinion the three taming skills (taming, lore, vet) should have nothing to do with each other where game mechanics are concerned.

Taming should only be used when actually taming a creature.
Lore should be the only skill used to determine the ability to control a pet. (Personally i think any pet should require some degree of animal lore to get the pet to respond to any command....yes even horses.)
Vet should be the only skill used for determining the amount healed with bandages.

The problem with taming is that other skills (swordsmanship for example) train alot faster. You get a chance to gain with each swing (say...every 2 seconds), yet with taming you get a chance to gain with every taming attempt (around 10 seconds). So even if both skills gain at the same rate taming is going to take 5 times longer to train.
In my opinion there should be a chance to gain every couple of seconds, so that each taming attempt could potentially give up to .5 gains.

I'll not get into how distasteful i find the whole "I'll be your friend, you accept me? Okay, now get lost....next!" way to tame as i haven't thought of a better way to do it

But beating a creature nearly to death before taming it should make it harder to control for the character that tamed it.

G

I like the idea of taming gains also being command based. Who cares if someone wants to stand in there house and gain. People do that all the time with other skills. The most powerful and sought after skill in the game has always been magery, you can gain that to 120 in your house, but then you have to learn how to use it to survive. Lets not confuse skill gaining with ability gaining. All non crafting skills should gain fairly easily because you still have to learn to fight and survive out there in the woods and dungeons.

If someone finds that concept distastful then they aren't obligated to do it. They can go walk around in circles lying to animals if they like.

Personally I find the concept of lying to animals, then slaughtering them because they aren't good enough, disgusting. What kind of msg do we send to children that play this game. If you pet isn't the strongest...or the fastest...or if it doesn't have perfect resists then is deserves to be slaughtered and tossed aside, because it just isn't good enough?

Tamers are suppose to be these wonderful lovers of animals...ya sure seems that way doesn't it...NOT!!!!

"Come here I will protect you" opps your fire resist is too low....you die! Or you are the wrong colour so I don't care if you are perfect in every other way....you die! No wonder things like racism still exist......

Howlin
TW

G

Well not all tamers are animal lovers...in a rp sense. I doubt a dread lord is going to be sweet to his pet dragon.

There should be two ways to tame.

1) Friendship (positive Karma). You lead tame (or peace maybe) the creature trying to convince it to be your friend.
Pros: -10 taming difficulty.
Cons: Takes a long time to actually complete the taming attempt.

2) Domination (negative Karma). You beat the creature into submission.
Pros: Fast taming time.
Cons: +10 taming difficulty.

Not perfect but just a quick idea.

G

I have no objection whatsoever to tamers never taming a critter, Elfy, after all, once upon a time, it's how I made my UO living (mares, dragons, ww's).

I don't think everyone else should be required enjoy whatever it is I happen to enjoy about the skillset/profession - in this case actively taming critters.

There is a balance problem (affecting both pvm and pvp) in an either tame or animal lore skill scenario which was only recently addressed in the pvp balancing changes. That said, the skill points could easily be offset by your suggested "animal husbandry" skill, or similar.

You mention herding. I love herding skill and have one GM Shepherd with plans on adding it to at least one other char. Herding is just plain fun and I use it most every day - be it stealth herding reptalons down to where they can be more easily tamed or rune beetles away from their rune beetle buddies, fandancer &amp; ronin neighbours or the kirins from an Oaks spawn to wake up those with negative karma in the Lost Lands...
Oh yeah, herding is fun...!

G

<blockquote><hr>

"Come here I will protect you" opps your fire resist is too low....you die! Or you are the wrong colour so I don't care if you are perfect in every other way....you die!

[/ QUOTE ]Charles Darwin called it "natural selection," whilst Herbert Spencer termed it "survival of the fittest."

"...using the phrase "Natural Selection, or the Survival of the Fittest" [Darwin] gave full credit to Spencer, writing "I have called this principle, by which each slight variation, if useful, is preserved, by the term natural selection, in order to mark its relation to man's power of selection. But the expression often used by Mr. Herbert Spencer, of the Survival of the Fittest, is more accurate, and is sometimes equally convenient." At this time the word "fittest" would have primarily meant "most suitable" or "most appropriate" rather than "in the best physical shape"." Wiki "Survival of the Fittest"

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well not all tamers are animal lovers...in a rp sense. I doubt a dread lord is going to be sweet to his pet dragon.

There should be two ways to tame.

1) Friendship (positive Karma). You lead tame (or peace maybe) the creature trying to convince it to be your friend.
Pros: -10 taming difficulty.
Cons: Takes a long time to actually complete the taming attempt.

2) Domination (negative Karma). You beat the creature into submission.
Pros: Fast taming time.
Cons: +10 taming difficulty.

Not perfect but just a quick idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting concept...I like where it is going....but I still think the present system of taming gains are disgustingly brutal, and totally Not appropriate.

As for Darwin well he is pretty much been ignored, laughed at and dismissed by the scientific community. Evolution isn't survival of the fittests. Or how can you explain plankton....been around for a billion years...or gold fish. There are only about a million species that disproved Darwins theories!

G

evolution is about surviving and or adapting to the enviorment... no need to adapt then no need to alter the current form.. no competition in the means to survive then no reason to adapt then no reason to alter the form

crocodiles and alligators are good examples of no changing thru evolution, sharks are another example..

G

Your right that is why the whole natural selection/survival of the fittests has been dismissed. There is no statistical proof...that the "fittest" have any better chance of evolving and lasting a billion years.

Darwin took a very small cross section in his theory, and proved it. Unfortunately it doesn't hold up when expanded to a broaded range of species.
In the case of natural selection there are more exceptions to the rule ...then there are actually rules.

But this has gone way off topic...fact is taming skill gains need to be reaccessed and they need to evolve!

G

generally speaking the fittest leans toward the individual that is the most successful in providing the means to live... there by providing the best genes to create the next generation..which does on one hand effect evolution long term..

a very simple example would be a set group .. the common stature is with short legs (no matter what critter including man if you wish to use) out of the blue a few individuals appear with longer legs which make it easier for those with longer legs to chase down food or reach higher to gather.. thru the constant passing of the genes from the longer legged individuals (the more fit or the fittest) the group evolves into one with longer legs or limbs as the generations pass..the longer limbs are no longer a freak event but become the common, the group has evolved from short to taller as a group

anyways.... back to butterfly hunting!

J

JoyousGard

Yeah, but I think the point was that crocodiles and plankton never grew longer legs or ran faster. They just stayed more or less the same. I don't think that disproves the idea of evolution though. "Fittest" merely means having offspring with a better than average shot at having offspring. Could be longer legs or could be bird flu resistance. It doesn't really matter. Offspring is king.

Taming stinks!!! Man oh man!! I love all aspects of it though (except the slow gains). I have selected one of the best horses there is. It was when I had killed about 75 horses that I realized this was such a sad thing I was doing. As I was reading what I was saying to onscreen, I was thinking; "You're low HP high STR, you're gonna die!!" It's nice to see those who have come before me have had those same thoughts.

For a horse too! What a noob.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read your reply. It moved me to reply as well.

Your Post was one of the most idiotic, if not THE most idiotic post I have ever seen.

Now, mind you, (and you Moderators know who you are) I don't find YOU idiotic, just your reply.

Elladan for his Cousin who is a Legendary Tamer and Legendary Animal Lover.

I

imported_GFY

Is this what anyone had in mind?

I'm going to impart apon you my SeKrEt taming method and the place to do it. I trained my taming from 70's to GM using this method for about 1 hour per day, gaining AT LEAST 1.0 skill.

Go to Hyloth dungeon entrance. Go into the dungeon and mark a rune in the center of the room that spawns chests to lock pick just inside the dungeon. (make sure you mark it in the center or your rune could be blocked by a spawning chest) Mark this rune "Taming spot #1"

Now go outside the room and mark another rune in the hallway to the east. (5 or 6 tiles fron the door is fine) Mark this rune "Taming spot #2"

Go and tame yourself a pet. (I use a sheep or a cow myself but a horse will do if you can't gate) The pet you use must NOT be bonded.

Bring the pet to spot #1. Bring it near the door and invis yourself. Wait untill all the hell hounds or imps agro on the pet. RECALL (not gate) to spot #2 (this way your pet will stay in the room with agro from the other critters)

Now tame all the imps and hell hounds at leasure! The pet will hold agro on the imps and HH's and you can tame fairly safely. As you tame one critter kill it and watch for the respawn. You'll have to invis again if it agro's you!

If you run low on critters to tame, run down the hall to the east and bring back some imps and HH's. Lead them to the door, invis and wait for them to agro on your pet. (At higher levels I would lure 3 of each and alternate taming 1 imp then 1 HH) Be carefull however, as the number of critters goes up it can be a bit dangerous!

You can use this method to tame all the way up to 120. The gains may come a bit slower after you reach 100.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There could be a way for new/younger tamers to train taming on statues. Similar to those for fighting/pickpocket. Maybe let them train taming up to 45 on squirrel statues or train taming at the Moonglow Zoo, if there are any pets around. maybe combined with feeding the zoo animals.
What I personally dont like on taming is, that you actually NEED to kill your released fresh pet in many cases if you want to continue training taming. (You cant donate all kind of pets to the zoo and not every char/template can concentrate to only zoo donation pets. Like bulls, great herats, ridgebacks etc)

G

<blockquote><hr>

What I personally dont like on taming is, that you actually NEED to kill your released fresh pet in many cases if you want to continue training taming. (You cant donate all kind of pets to the zoo and not every char/template can concentrate to only zoo donation pets. Like bulls, great herats, ridgebacks etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...you should atleast be able to turn bulls in at the local butcher shop.
lol

I find the premise of farming pets for gains or colour or resist pts, deplorable as well. All pts, skill/resists/stat should be able to be trained to max! Make it hard but make it achievable. Make pet dye tubs that will work with certain pets...cus etc.

What is idiotic is that in a game based for civilized people.....you slaughter animals until you find one the colour you want!...Now that is revolting!

TW

G

<blockquote><hr>

There could be a way for new/younger tamers to train taming on statues. Similar to those for fighting/pickpocket.

[/ QUOTE ]You can buy skill to roughly 30 as can a dexxer/warrior.

Fledgling tamers cannot gain in any other fashion than in actively using their taming skill for the very same reason new/young fighters cannot gain higher than 30ish from thwacking training dummies. Specifically, double clicking a weapon of choice and/or thumping a macro key teaches you nothing about what you need to know about effectively playing a warrior or a tamer character.

<blockquote><hr>

What I personally dont like on taming is, that you actually NEED to kill your released fresh pet in many cases if you want to continue training taming. (You cant donate all kind of pets to the zoo and not every char/template can concentrate to only zoo donation pets. Like bulls, great herats, ridgebacks etc).

[/ QUOTE ]I have to admit this never bothered me. It's true to say that not ALL tameable critters can be donated to the zoo, however, most tameables give valuable resources (hides/leather, etc) so that their slaughter can, indeed, benefit many provided the tamer/slaughterer makes the choice to skin &amp; loot their skill gain tames.

I have two Tailors, one at Elder+ and one at Legendary Tailoring. Both my tailors trained on &amp; continue to craft with the resources gathered by my then training tamers.

Understand that with one exception (on Siege Perilous) I trained taming very much before the arrival of butchers war cleavers and bags of sending so that on becoming overloaded with critter resources, it was usually a much welcome break from chasing elusive taming gains to recall to a bank to offload leather. Rumour at the time, too, was that server hopping improved chances for skill gain so I was all over that one!

I've done it often enough to know that training taming can most certainly be a gruelling, arduous task. It's often said:- "With power comes responsibility." I believe the rewards of achieving an advanced taming level are powerful enough that I absolutely believe that skill gain [b[should[/b] be hard earned rather than gifted.

S

silmsurion

I have played UO along time. The taming system we have now; Too me is what it should be. Tamers have an extreme advantage in game play conditions. In pvm conditions all we(Im a tamer too) do is say all kill and stand and watch hoping we get a totem of the void, or some nice jewels, and weapons. We loot our prize while our pets stand their thinking "wheres my doggy biscuit?".
Tamers should have it hard. Already; Anyone in the game can buy an advanced character token and a few taming jewels and they are ready too go.
Making a tamer isnt as hard as it used to be.
Anything else besides the taming system currently; would be absurd.

V

vorius

The biggest source of opposition to an change in the system that would make raising taming easier would be the tamers who already wasted (yes wasted) their time bringing their skill to legendary. Since they subjected themselves to the brutal, carpal-tunnel-syndrome-inducing skill grind they feel everyone else should too. And they have somewhat of a point.

It's sort of like why our nation will never abolish certain taxes or social security. Since some people already had to suffer from paying into these systems now we ALL have to forever and ever....

5% Luck

I recently started UO over again (new account :gave old one to my brother) Been on for 2 weeks and have 93 tamer about 25 hours total while yes it its slower than other skills you have to look at the time it takes to invoke the skill as opposed to a 30ssi dagger @1.25 Swing taming takes about 30 seconds per attempt. so the skill gains are actually faster according to this theory. If they opt to make taming faster to gain then other skills it would have to be in the time per attempt reduction which would in fact ruin taming all together as the attempt process is what makes this skill fun at higher lvls if we reduce the number of attempts then we should increase the time it takes to actually follow through an attempt

GM Swordsman 8-12 hours
GM Taming 30-45 hours

Based on a swing speed to attempt ratio taming is already on the unequivocal high ground for skill gain per attempt if we put taming to say the 1.25 that a swordsman would use we could gm taming in about 3 hours by the current math

Simply knowing your creatures skill gain possibility and chose the right one at the right time is essential to faster progress using the proper jewlery combos i tamed bulls from right out of the box till (as of now 93) gm 50 starting skill---&gt; +30 skill jewelery 80 skill bulls ---&gt;gm drop one ring --&gt; 85 skill --bulls to gm---&gt; drop one bracelet again at 85 skill --&gt;bulls to gm

truly this is quite boring but it will get you where you want to go quite fast(not to mention the 50K+leather)

Gaining to legendary is a completely another chalange! well worth working the hard way of searching for great stat/resist/skill creatures

G

<blockquote><hr>

The biggest source of opposition to an change in the system that would make raising taming easier would be the tamers who already wasted (yes wasted) their time bringing their skill to legendary.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's long been possible to purchase an advanced char token, select "tamer," scroll it out, fling on some jewels, talismans, etc, and within a matter of mere minutesbe fully capable of taming &amp; controlling every tameable critter in the game.

<blockquote><hr>

Since they subjected themselves to the brutal, carpal-tunnel-syndrome-inducing skill grind they feel everyone else should too. And they have somewhat of a point.

[/ QUOTE ]C'mere a sec, nope a little closer now cuz I'm gonna let you in on a lil secret:- As bizarre as it may sound, I actually enjoy training the taming skill. NoRly! I must! I mean, I've done it eight times now, though granted only three times to 120. I'm relieved to confirm I've not so much as a whiff of carpal tunnel syndrome either.

My point throughout this thread (and each time this subject crops up) is that taming is much more than just hitting a macro and having enough skill to be able to tame something - Taming is also being aware of &amp; managing the surrounding spawn as well as surviving it in order to be able to continue hitting that taming macro button in a colour screen rather than black &amp; white.

There is just no substitute for hands-on experience. If an experienced tamer wants to tame something, there's precious little likelihood an inexperienced tamer is going to outtame him/her.

In much the same way, even with the same exact skills and template, if my own rather scrolled/skills rich but experience poor necro-mage duels an experienced necro-mage, I'm going to be super surprised if the outcome is anything other than my having my buttocks swiftly handed to me.

UO is about choice. Just as Tamers are free to tame &amp; kill squillions of critters in search of their idea of THE perfect pet or even just fun &amp; profit, Tamers are just as equally free (via adv char &amp; skills items) to never tame or kill a single critter if that's what he or she wants.

Good luck &amp; good hunting!

V

vorius

<blockquote><hr>

Simply knowing your creatures skill gain possibility and chose the right one at the right time is essential to faster progress using the proper jewlery combos i tamed bulls from right out of the box till (as of now 93) gm 50 starting skill---&gt; +30 skill jewelery 80 skill bulls ---&gt;gm drop one ring --&gt; 85 skill --bulls to gm---&gt; drop one bracelet again at 85 skill --&gt;bulls to gm

[/ QUOTE ]

What's really important is finding a creature that has an instant respawn. For example I asked here on this forum about a place for great harts as they were in my sweet spot but I was spending so much time just finding the next great hart to tame and fending off various annoying critters of the forest.

One kind soul told me about a place in Ishenar where great harts and hinds spawn in one isolated area. What's best is as soon as you kill one it instantly respawns in that very small area. So I am literally doing taming attempts back to back there is never more than 5 seconds between my last taming success and my first attempt at a new great hart.

So far I couldn't find any bull spawning zone like this. Tried a rune library and a few runes my friend recommended but they were all mixed with a whole bunch of other creatures and once you tamed and killed one it may take minutes to find where the next one is or waiting for them to respawn