• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming a Greater Dragon

• Thread starter Cyclone of Napa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Cyclone of Napa

Hi I have been away for about 2 years. Since then all of my friends have left. I need some help taming a greater dragon bc they look sweet but I can't get one alone. I need some help from a bard or a tamer please.

ICQ 586668382

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi I have been away for about 2 years. Since then all of my friends have left. I need some help taming a greater dragon bc they look sweet but I can't get one alone. I need some help from a bard or a tamer please.

ICQ 586668382
someone released about 10 of em outside my house...come get em lmao

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easiest way to get one is to have a tamer (120 preferably, normally can tame on 3 tries if that) that has Honor. Makes life a whole lot easier taming one I will tell you. Even at 120 Bard/Peace it's very difficult for they come out of Peace very quickly. GL & Welcome back.

S

Salya Sin

If you can get a friend... preferably one that has good armor, magery, and high hp... they get the GD to target them... then lead it around. There is a good spot in Destard... a little off area where there is gold piled up. As the GD is following them around... you run past and hit your taming macro... if it hits you for attempting, your friend can cast heal or invis...

The trick is to keep the GD on your leading friend... then your tame doesn't get stopped by hitting... and you don't die by fire...

Honor is the best way... but I've never had high enough honor and solo taming is really a pain... it helps if you can wear it down first too. You want next to no life and if your lucky... it's worn out it's mana pool.

It's just another option... I've tamed about 5 or 6 this way...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to tame Great Wyrms solo on my Tamer/Mage. Wear a all 70s Resist suit. Lead tame them, and whenever they damage you with magic, mini heal it. If you hear them start to breathe fire, run, and Greater heal it, then go back to lead taming them. Only problem is if they teleport on you, bite you, then begin to breathe fire, that usually means death.