• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming a 4 slot Cu?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Someone released a 4 slot Cu in the cave and I tried to tame it, the usual way lead taming. All 120's taming Lore, and vet at 110 I think. No go. After 30 mins, and 2 deaths, the thing would refuse taming, and the message : This pet has had too many owners kept spamming on-off. Then a para tamer came and we tried to para tame it. Two tamers. No go. Just the message that pet is angry. Never had you begin taming etc. sequence. Then I bought a fire bug to see if I can first subdue it and hit it down etc. and the bug actually killed it pretty fast before I had a chance to pull the bug back..How can one tame a 4 slot Dog that someone else released? The Cu also was a real killer otherwise, hit like a ton of bricks, nerf and all, worse than the regular 3-slot Cus. Any ideas how to tame these at higher slot levels? Ty.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You sure you had the controls slots open? We have that quite regularly, that we try to start taming, and it just won't give that nice blue text above your head. Then we realise, doh! Too many control slots?! Really happens more often to us than it should! :oops:
We find it weird that only after those 30 mins it would give the message of too many owners? As for the kill at the end, do you have an "all stop" macro? Best bet to prevent those kills, we think. (And also useful when trying to raise resist on Spellbinders.)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You sure you had the controls slots open? We have that quite regularly, that we try to start taming, and it just won't give that nice blue text above your head. Then we realise, doh! Too many control slots?! Really happens more often to us than it should! :oops:
We find it weird that only after those 30 mins it would give the message of too many owners? As for the kill at the end, do you have an "all stop" macro? Best bet to prevent those kills, we think. (And also useful when trying to raise resist on Spellbinders.)
Thank you Tabby : You are spot on, and great idea for the STOP macro!
Sadly I was on a 1 slot Ethy. BUT .. When spawning in that area it is not uncommon NOT to have released the previous CU. I did not look at the slots occupied on the tamer gump, so you may be right. It was very strange..
Thanks for the input!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The pet previously has had too many owners. After a certain number of owners any pet will refuse to be tamed.