• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamers Vs Medusa

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will start doing this type thread for players who may have never done these things. The idea is to make a thread on each Peerless, Boss, End of quest MOB etc.

Mine are for players who like to hunt with other tamers and whoever shows up. We have Community Hunts about 4 times a week. We do lots of these type things per week by yelling in Chat. Things that new or returning players can do without a lot of prep. If I can do it, anyone can.

Other posters can choose other things. I am sure I am not the only one that kills stuff with our pets.
Just dont go crazy about how you can solo something in 3 seconds. The idea is to get players using the pets they built.

Stygian Abyss Peerless Access – Ultima Online
Medusa - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Who can participate: Any size group of tamers, Tag along Archers, Magic user or Dexxers work fine.

We do this a lot. I have never done the quest to enter before yesterday. I tag along with others.

Last weekend we did 9 in a row. Started with 6 Players and down to 3 for the last 3. Not easy to get a group to play for an hour at the same time. Bathroom breaks, waiting for players that went afk. etc

Use Gorgon lens! Especially if A distance player. She makes evil twins of you. And they can kill you if they attack and she happens to attack at same time.

Enter in a party.
Party Leader gets four eggs. Doubleclick Brazier and target an egg.
A gate opens and enter one at a time. Sometimes it takes a while for all to enter. You bounce around a lot at gate. You can break party as soon as everyone is in.

Take up positions around the square.

She takes a few seconds to appear. Let any dexxer or bushido user Honor her before sicking pets. Let everything settle for a min and then you can also toss spells at her or heal anyone that needs it.
She has a bow and does a poison attack that can do a chunk of damage. Then she may follow up with same attack and kill you if you are not healing. She petrifies pets and makes evil twins that attack pet or whoever. Kill those. There are minions around the area that will un freeze. Kill those so someone does not run back to cure and have one attack them.

When you are settled in, the fight looks like this:

upload_2018-7-5_22-55-25.png

We had 3 dogs, a dragon and a Bane. Merbee is a Stealth tamer so you don't see him.

She damages 1 thing at a time except when she decides to shoot at other targets.

You can skin her with a knife while alive to get blue scales. There is an Ankh down there (East) to res you.

Avoid evil twins and back to a clear spot to cure and heal and it goes smooth.

Casters can cast fire spells. She stays on the pets.

This is a place you could wear your luck suit as a Tamer, Magic user, or Archer easily if in a group.

Her Damages and Resists:

upload_2018-7-5_23-6-50.png

Any pet will work since she is high in everything. (a 100% poison pet not so well) She is immune to poison also. She can be discorded. Before Pub 97 I took my Archer Bard.

If you use the Pawain method of resist setting, you have 80% in her damages.

I just yelled in Chat, "Who wants to do Medusa?" these showed up. Took much longer to get the 5 there than to kill her.

Two or three tamers can do this without a problem. Any template can tag along.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Often, you can start attacking the evil twins before they activate, and kill them or severely weaken them before they can do you any damage.

The Maddening Horrors and Hydra you have to run by/through are really more dangerous than the actual spawn inside Medusa, especially if the Hydra gets to where it can breathe on you from the swamp while you wait for the leader to use the eggs.

I usually take a disco cu down there with a group. It's good against the stuff outside as well.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
She petrifies pets and makes evil twins that attack pet or whoever. Kill those. T
Just want to add: You can attack the evil twins while they are still statues, they seem to poof faster then. At least, our greater dragons' copies took longer to kill alive than as statues. Haven't done Medusa in a while though.
Oops! Just noticed Basara posted the same a few hours ago, apparently kept this window open for a few hours... :oops:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. I recall now. On my second round without lens I noticed I could attack them while frozen and they died fast.

I went and stuck lens on after that. Was a new toon so he never went before. I always use lens so my evil twin was new to me.

Some of the crappy drops are worth a lot of cleanup points.

UOLAPlayer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are making Gorgon Lens, you can make the ingredient Crystal Dust from the Ancient Pottery Fragments you get from Abyss/Underworld. That seems to be the easiest way. Just save them in a bag with your Gorgon Lens making ingredients.

Also note on the damage types for Medusa, you would be covered by the hybrid method as well with Max Resist in Phy, Fire, Energy. This would be a case where 65 Cold and 60 Poison wouldn't be a setback vs Pawain Method.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If you are making Gorgon Lens, you can make the ingredient Crystal Dust from the Ancient Pottery Fragments you get from Abyss/Underworld. That seems to be the easiest way. Just save them in a bag with your Gorgon Lens making ingredients.
I just always kill those Crystal Daemons in Prism of Light. The non timed pieces are easily harvested there to make the ingreds.. and those Daemons drop fast.