• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamers Rejoice!! New Changes!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AS tested by our dear Petra Fyde, the new pet commands seem to be working very well. I'm off to play with some pets myself on TC1. Join in so we can make sure they get it right.

I

imported_Sarphus

I'm lovin these pet changes. They will take a LOT of the frustration out of playing a tamer.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny how other people like myself for instance can play my tamer all these years and never really have any problems with commands. Yet everyone is soo excited about changes that really don't chance much. Since all the commands are staying the same. All they are doin is tweaking a very little bit.

G

You've never had your pet charge off the minute it was rezed, despite your spamming 'all follow me', only to get rez killed?

Having the pet hold still long enough to heal the darn thing properly before returning to the fight was lovely.

No more will the pet be locked on the elder gazer in Shame while you're on level 3 trying to fight a poison elemental.

Down side is, we must make sure we get them out of this new 'passive mode' so that they autodefend when they need to.

I know I shall be making much more use of the 'guard me' command than I have in the past.

I

imported_Desolation87

The pet commands was the one and only reason I stopped using my tamer. I hated going into a dungeon with bug or drag following me, then start attacking something. Grr, i say all follow me then turn follow me for a second and get attacked again so they turn around. After saying all follow me about thirty times the finally follow. I only ever used ridable tames, because when they started to do this I just jumped on them and forced them to move away.

Anyways, yay for the new changes! *Dusts off tamer character*

H

Honest Dan

<blockquote><hr>

The pet commands was the one and only reason I stopped using my tamer. I hated going into a dungeon with bug or drag following me, then start attacking something. Grr, i say all follow me then turn follow me for a second and get attacked again so they turn around. After saying all follow me about thirty times the finally follow. I only ever used ridable tames, because when they started to do this I just jumped on them and forced them to move away.

Anyways, yay for the new changes! *Dusts off tamer character*

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe too right.

Ever tried to 'drag' a super drag to the shadow eles in Yomutso mines? Thank goodness for Area Peace and the macro key for "All follow me".

=)

D

Detharleon

did I hear some mention of 'parry' being an option for some creatures? Someone made mention of it in another thread as part of the FOF but I couldn't find any reference anywhere...

thanks.

G

'creatures', not 'pets'. Slight breakdown in communications between Jeremy and (I think?) Leurocian.

He was talking about monsters in general, which would include things like cyclops, trolls etc, which use weapons and can therefore be expected to have different skills.

I

imported_Sarphus

You can do things in UO that make pet auto-defend not an issue. I just find it boring playing my char in places where there's a low enough spawn count that auto-defend is not an issue.

I don't farm gold or arties or anything really...

In high spawn areas, you need to be able to pull your pet out of a mess sometimes. Prior to these changes, that was sometimes not possible to do because every time your pet is struck by something, it charges back into battle and trained pets can charge back into battle so fast that you sometimes won't know what direction they went (pet movement is server side)

If you've hunted rune beetles at beetlescape using a pack, you know what I'm talking about

G

RTLFC

I think these changes are fantastic! I'm so wary of spamming an all follow me command when my pet goes on a banzai - what happens if it decides to lose loyalty at that point? 6, 7, 8 'all follow me's and then they go wild and target you... THEN they 'follow' you