• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamers can no longer aggro with their pets and stay hidden

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Just tested this on test center and it is same as before.

Suppose from what I understand, it should be if your pet is attacking, you should also be revealed and cannot be hidden.

But now, after tested, it is still same as before, you could hide, stealth, invisible...

No difference.

S

Sheridan

Actually, the fix wasn't for the situation you described. There is an exploit that allows a tamer to command their pets to guard them and then, while hidden, double click another player in war mode to get their pet to immediately attack them without revealing the tamer. Try that scenario instead.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then it is no difference at all...

the team with more people and more dragons still have benefit.

Dismount, all kill, smoke bomb

Dragon hit for 40 hps and firebreath for 60 to 85 hps...

the main problem nowadays lie on the firebreath being too much damage.

S

Sheridan

The way I see it, one of the recommended ways of dealing with a tamed greater dragon is to kill the tamer controlling it. You can't exactly do that if they can kill you while hidden safely in the shadows. Yes, the problem you mentioned above is an issue, but at least on Siege, stealthing ninja-form tamers are a real nuisance and that is what this bug fix is addressing.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The way I see it, one of the recommended ways of dealing with a tamed greater dragon is to kill the tamer controlling it. You can't exactly do that if they can kill you while hidden safely in the shadows. Yes, the problem you mentioned above is an issue, but at least on Siege, stealthing ninja-form tamers are a real nuisance and that is what this bug fix is addressing.
Amen, Brother...

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, this game turned into the following:-

1. The more people you get, the stronger you are
2. The more dragons you get, even you have no pvp skills, you can still win

I used to be able to solo 1 v 5 myself, but nowadays without ninjitsu, it is nearly impossible to do that as whenever I get dismounted, super dragon + 5 people will be on my @ss casting spell or armor ignoring.

This makes me nowadays becoming a coward and never show up anymore when I see more than 3-4 people on the enemy side.

I am able to take on 1 tamer with super dragon on my archer, as all i need to do is use reptile slayer heavy bow and shot the heck out of it until its dead.

But problem is I cannot kill his dragon when they have 235343 people hiding behind their dragon, healing it, and backstab after i get dismounted..

This is kinda bullcrap...

Basically, this game changed to, if you have dragon and enough numbers to support, you win the game, even all your teammates suck in pvp.

F

Fink

Honestly, this game turned into the following:-

1. The more people you get, the stronger you are
2. The more dragons you get, even you have no pvp skills, you can still win
I think there was mention of nerfing greater dragon breath (presumably in pvp at least), so it's not all doom & gloom.

T

tommywoi

I used to be able to solo 1 v 5 myself, but nowadays without ninjitsu, it is nearly impossible to do that as whenever I get dismounted, super dragon + 5 people will be on my @ss casting spell or armor ignoring.

I cannot kill his dragon when they have 235343 people hiding behind their dragon, healing it, and backstab after i get dismounted..

This is kinda bullcrap....
Hey, what are u Superman? u are complaning that u couldnt solo against 5 players?! get real buddy.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not superman.

But facing 5 people that do not know much on how to pvp, 1 v 5 is not strange at all. When faction first started, I still recall I killed all SL in their base by myself and in Britain, one by one killed them. Because at that time there is no such thing as super dragon killing you in 1 hit or seconds after u get dismounted.

Me and my other 2 pvp friends, used to take 3 v 12 people in Formosa and kill them all with coordination.

Last 2 days, we just killed their people 5 v 10 again.

However, it just happen EVERY time we fight, they will have 50% to 200% more numbers than us.

Moreover, their meatshields just need to stand behind their dragon and dismount me then they can easily kill me.

Not a whine or anything, but making solo impossible is really sad in the game. It just turns into a numbers game... which is really really sad.

What I am saying is if our faction got 10 people, and other factions got 30 people.... so the 10 people will just keep losing because of lack of super dragons compare to enemies... which is just totally sad.

They have nerfed word of death, lighting strike 70+ damage, etc...

I dont know why they are not nerfing this super dragon breathing 60 to 85 hps in 1 shot...

This is really sad.

Like i said, super dragon itself is not problem, but supported by 2x the number of your enemies, it is super big problem.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then it is no difference at all...

the team with more people and more dragons still have benefit.

Dismount, all kill, smoke bomb

Dragon hit for 40 hps and firebreath for 60 to 85 hps...

the main problem nowadays lie on the firebreath being too much damage.
Just get one of your guys to invis the targeted player, then the tamer has to reveal again to target someone else. The all kill then hide trick is only good for 1 command. The issue is combining it with a GD, not the all kill/hide in itself. The greater can survive players attacking and deal a lot of damage, that's not the case for the other pets, and I've never heard a real complaint about all kill/hide with them. That trick has been on the go for years.

The greater dragon is going to be changed, (though I truly wish EA would get their fingers out and freaking well do the changing already), so i think the best way to get through these discussions is to remember that. They're not intended for PvP, so if they were somehow removed from PvP, this discussion changes completely.

It's also worth pointing out, that if pets being aggro'd reveals the tamer straight off, there's not really any point in having hiding for PvM use, nevermind PvP. Invis would work better than 200 skill points for every use that hide and stealth cover. That would be a little silly IMO. I'm rapidly losing my appreciation of the GD, but if I'm retraining my favourite tamer because of them, I really won't be impressed considering I'm retraining 2 tamers already :D :D :D

Wenchy