• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamers and Champion Spawn

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've never played a tamer, but am considering it. I recently built a mage and found one of my favorite tactics is to use Energy Vortex to hunt. It made me realize that controlling a powerful creature could be even more effective.

So my question is this -- what template is necessary for a tamer to be able to compete in champion spawns? Also, which beasts work the best with which spawn types? Thanks for your insight!

-OBSIDIAN-

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taming (at least 110)/Lore (at least 110)/Vet, with almost any three other skills. I like magery/med/eval for extra offense. Your pet is the greater dragon, but you could also do well with certain combinations.

S

Sarphus

I have a theory that necro/tamer is the strongest tamer build for champs.

I have never seen a tamer that can out-spawn my necro/mage/sw/peacer, though. That char is insane.

The idea behind necro tamer is to use wraith form + wither while the pet takes the brunt of the attack. I think the best pet to choose would be a greater dragon for their durability.

S

Shanna

At Destard spawns (Ricktor) and Deceit spawns (Neira), tamers are awesome. I use a tamer/mage/peacer. But for Despise (Barracoon), they can be annoying. When on the champ, he runs around like a chicken without a head.

There has been one template that I've been messing with that is a tamer spawner but it's very item based.

Mage - 110
Eval - 110
Tame - 110 (+10 with jewels to 120)
Lore - 110 (+10 with jewels to 120)
Vet - 90
Necro - 90 (raise to 110 with Midnight Bracers)
Spirit Speak - 100

Needs a lot of mana regeneration and, of course, LRC.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a theory that necro/tamer is the strongest tamer build for champs.

I have never seen a tamer that can out-spawn my necro/mage/sw/peacer, though. That char is insane.

The idea behind necro tamer is to use wraith form + wither while the pet takes the brunt of the attack. I think the best pet to choose would be a greater dragon for their durability.
I have been thinking Necro Tamer, so what is your template.

I see EE's and would Like to see yours.

C

Crow

I recently built a mage and found one of my favorite tactics is to use Energy Vortex to hunt.

-OBSIDIAN-
Ha, I came to the same conclusion. I spent so much time using earth ele's, I figured if I was going to use this type of tactic, why not have the things I'm fighting with get stronger as I go.

As a dedicated spawner I like the archer tamer. There's a thread a few steps down that discuss it, so I wont bore with the details. But to sum up, played correctly you can be very effective at all levels of spawn, able to tank the champ, and a mean defense, or offense in a raid.

The Disco provo tamer is also something to think about, especially for Neira.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you tell from my other thread in the spellcasting forum, I'm researching the best templates for Champ Spawns. Thanks for the inputs!

What do you mean by "sw" in the "necro/mage/sw/peacer" comment above? Do you mean spirit speak?

-OBSIDIAN-

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sw = spellweaving. It's very useful in a lot of situations. My own tamer wouldn't go anywhere without it.