• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer vs Stygian Dragon

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stygian Dragon - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums
Stygian Dragon - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

The UOGuide link has a nice video.

Who can go: Any template dies just fine here.

We did this for the Community Hunt tonight. We had 5 archers, a mystic, a necro a mage and 1 tamer.
This is not my favorite encounter. The dragon moves around a lot the area has many teleporters. you can teleport from level to level. Players die a lot.

The leader talked the others into bringing ranged toons instead of tamers. I was the only tamer.

It is in Stygian Abyss through Tomb of Kings behind the mini spawn. You use Draconic Orbs for the keys. It is easy to get the keys from the mini spawn.

It is like Medusa, you have the same hard to enter gate.

upload_2018-7-19_23-26-55.png

You enter a room with the treasures the dragon accumulated:
upload_2018-7-20_0-5-52.png

There is a res station to the NE in a cubby. It gets a lot of use.

upload_2018-7-19_23-35-38.png

We started out smooth, I had my stuff set up so I was running Consume and had my computer ready for pictures. My pet was tanking it for a while. Then it decided to fly around and my pet died. Then players started dying.
I ressed the pet and he lived for the rest of the time. I insta died once and took a while to find the ankh. I was surprised my pet kept fighting and did not die while I was a ghost.

Here is the fight, it went fast since we had 9 players.
upload_2018-7-19_23-39-54.png
upload_2018-7-19_23-41-49.png
upload_2018-7-19_23-42-58.png
upload_2018-7-19_23-44-24.png
upload_2018-7-19_23-45-32.png
We won here and I got Sign of Order Shield
upload_2018-7-19_23-46-40.png
I also got a dragon head off the body.:danceb::party:
Can't mount it but it goes next to a wall.

upload_2018-7-19_23-49-57.png

Here are the stats. It literally has EVERYTHING!!!

upload_2018-7-19_23-56-50.png

It's resists are high, lowest in cold so I took a Cu.

The Pawain™ Resist method works again. Physical, Fire, Energy.

This is a very fast paced fight with a lot of fire and movement. I enjoyed it more on my tamer than I had with my archer in the past.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Saurosaurus with 85 Physical/90 Fire Resist and Consume Damage running can tank the Stygian Dragon extremely well, although it doesn't deal much damage to him. Frost Mite with RC+AI deals pretty good damage to the Stygian Dragon, and can tank him if you're running Consume Damage and vetting from 2 tiles away. The RC is awesome for boosting the damage of everyone else there too. A 100% Cold Platinum/Crimson Drake with Chiv+AI can deal lots of damage to him as well, but doesn't provide the RC debuff.
The Stygian Dragon can be discorded to make him a bit easier. Every time the Stygian Dragon is hit with a ranged attack, there's a chance he'll retaliate with a massive Fireball that'll do 80+ damage and dismount you, there's a chance he'll switch targets to the Fireball victim when he does that. The Stygian Dragon appears to charge up his massive Earthquake by moving around, so if you can get the Stygian Dragon to stay in one spot with a pet tanking him, he's ALOT easier. My guild has downed him in as little as 1.5-2 mins before with my Frost Mite tanking and holding him in one spot the whole time.

Last edited: