• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer Vs Melisande

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lady Melisande - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Go in in a party, can disband anytime. We keep party to talk because its more challenging than Medusa, then disband at WoD range.

Who can do it: Tamers, archers, magic users. She slows down Melee toons and any near but if you keep them healed they can stay on her.

I have never done the quest to get into this one. We have 2 players on LS that do the quest often and call out in chat.

You can do the quest in Tram and turn in the item to gain access in Fel. Unless you are on Atlantic, you will never see any Pks here.

You can do Mel with a luck suit.

Find a rune to the Blighted Grove from a rune library. Here is the quest info: Bound to the Land - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia You give a spare key to another party member.

One of the challenges with this peerless is leading the Satyrs away to kill them first. They discord you and hit hard. Also can calm you. She starts with 4 by her side.

Once they are dead you set up positions on the long thin fighting area. She will change targets to a tamer.We use Fields when Merbee is providing keys. You can keep her contained. She invisis a lot and fields keep pets near her. She poisons with poison fields and pets. Poison fields help at the end. She starts spamming heals.

If you go with random players, you can die often. But once you get set up, things go smooth. Then a Satyr falls from a tree and lands on somebody. If they are not ready, they can die or it can take out a couple. Invis and hit it with 4 energy bolts and it dies.

Here is an example of it falling. Killed the afk guy it fell on and my archer. He had EoO on Mel.

upload_2018-7-8_23-57-22.png

Thats the entry side of the path.

We were able to take her out. Here is her resists:

upload_2018-7-8_23-59-32.png

I was using a Mystic Hiryu, so I switched it to an AI chiv Hiryu.
A single target pet is best here.

Then we got 3 more players to join so we had 6 for a round.

upload_2018-7-9_0-2-17.png

You can use the fields to keep her contained and players can be on each side:

upload_2018-7-9_0-5-6.png

Goes smooth with more players.

Her damages and resists are like this:

upload_2018-7-9_0-6-36.png

She is lowest in Fire then physical. Thats why I was using a Hiryu. When we had 6 there was 3 Cus, my Hiryu, A bane, a firesteed. We did about 5 more runs with 4 players 2 Cus the firesteed and my Hiryu. Takes a while between runs, Everyone on LS has to Pee every ten minutes.

Her damages are 50% phy 50% Energy.

Again the Pawain resist method gives you 80% in all her damages.

While in Fel you get more items, gold, ingredients and Luck. We got no good drops. Just turn in point stuff.

I like to use my mage tamer rather than my archer tamer. The archer dies more often. (cant invis or heal himself well) But second choice would be my Archer Bard. He can peace and discord her. Thats what I used before pub 97.

A little challenging if you have not done it before. The key part must not be too difficult, never hear anyone asking for a res there.

Its a fun thing to do.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, at first use E-Fields to block Lady Mel and her Satyrs from reaching you, and kill the Satyrs first. Or a real easy/safe way to do it, is to have someone with Lvl 2+ Honor use Honor on themselves, then drag each Satyr back to you one by one and kill the Satyr. Lady Melisande will cast Animate Dead on the Satyr corpses, and reanimate them as Flesh Golems, kill these. Once all the adds are dead, tell your pets to follow Lady Mel, then tell them to kill her. This will prevent the pets from running back to you and dragging her to you after she invises. Keep healing the pets with Greater Heal from range.
Lady Mel has a Aura of Nausea that significantly debuffs the SSI/FC of enemies within 6 tiles of her, so stand back from her a bit as your pets fight her. Lady Mel also casts AoE/splash damage Necro spells such as Wither and Poison Strike, yet another reason to stay at range from her. At about half health, Lady Mel will summon a Satyr, kill this ASAP. At near death, Lady Mel will summon a Dryad, a Reaper, and a Harpy. Kill the Dryad first, it's AoE peace is incredibly annoying. Then focus on finishing off Lady Mel, for at this point not only is she casting Greater Heals and attempting to Spirit Speak heal, but she's also regenerating health faster.

Lady Mel and the spawn with her are weak to Fey Slayer, as well as Fire Damage. Lady Mel can be Discorded. RC+AI Fire Beetles, Wrest Mastery Fire Beetles (especially if Mel is discorded), or Chiv+AI 100% Fire Crimson/Platinum Drakes work exceptionally well against Lady Mel and her spawn.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would be helpful when doing guides to state abilities the mob uses so players know what to expect, perhaps how to key. @PlayerSkillFTW added very useful information in his post.

Lady Mel can also be soloed by a tamer, if they want a bit of a challenge.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A tamer mage with 120 eval, some 50 SDI, the fey slayer book and at least level 2 honour should be able to get rid of the satyrs easily one by one with an explosion, flamestrike combo. Then drag Mel out of there and sick the pets (preferably fire ones with a fire beetle with rune corruption) on her. And if you have a wraith form scroll and is playing an human tamer, use it so you can keep casting flame strike on her non stop using they fey slayer book while your pet mow her down.
Discord is useless against her. It will drop her resists by 1% and her wrestling by maybe 3 points. Not worth the trouble.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be helpful when doing guides to state abilities the mob uses so players know what to expect, perhaps how to key. @PlayerSkillFTW added very useful information in his post.

Lady Mel can also be soloed by a tamer, if they want a bit of a challenge.
In my first post I told others to make these. I'm on LS. They Just grab a cu and go where ever and don't care.

I use CC. I can not tell what spells she uses. But I mentioned the important things. Satyrs peace, discord, and she slows down meleers and cast speed.

I gave a link to the guide to get the keys.

Just trying to get the NOOBs out to do other stuff. Like I said, if I can do it, others can.

Just don't spam commands to your pet while discorded and you have only 110 taming.

And I missed the best part of the encounter. Turn your sounds and music on so you can hear whats going on down there. Best sounds I have found.

Last edited:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
While in Fel you get more items, gold, ingredients and Luck.
Do you mean the Peerless Ingredients? They are the same in Felucca and Trammel we thought? Always 8? (But we haven't done Lady Mel since the pet training, another thing we'd like to try with our fire pets when they are all trained.)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Do you mean the Peerless Ingredients? They are the same in Felucca and Trammel we thought? Always 8? (But we haven't done Lady Mel since the pet training, another thing we'd like to try with our fire pets when they are all trained.)
Ingredient drops have always seemed the same, as far as I could tell at any rate. But the CC/hairdye etc does seem to drop quite a bit more Fel side.

With some of the strategy Bealank and a little more a Mage/SW/Tamer can pretty easily solo Lady Mel.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ingredient drops have always seemed the same, as far as I could tell at any rate. But the CC/hairdye etc does seem to drop quite a bit more Fel side.

With some of the strategy Bealank and a little more a Mage/SW/Tamer can pretty easily solo Lady Mel.
Yeah, it is very doable to solo her like that, but takes too long. So I just take two or three tamers and end the encounter in 4 or so minutes instead.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, it is very doable to solo her like that, but takes too long. So I just take two or three tamers and end the encounter in 4 or so minutes instead.
Yeah it can take a while for sure. My personal best has been around the 8 minute mark or so. Had a guildy who knocked her out solo and still had a few seconds left on the blessing though lol

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I need to pester her again this weekend. It has been a while.
Even more so now that death ray damage is affected by a slayer book.
So I will bring in my peace tamer with a fire beetle, my SW tamer with a 100% fire chiv drake and my pure mage in wraith form to slaughter the satyrs then sit there using death ray while draining her mana away.
Should go ridiculously fast.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not know there is an limit of 8. But there is more items and gold in Fel. And the luck Bonus.
I found the 8 limit in the description on general peerless. Darn

I have just gotten lucky on ingredients in Fel. With 3 or four others I have always gotten at least 2 types of ingredients and they are >1 in the stack in fel. For me at least. I guess the others got less. Tram the stack is usually just 1 and 1 sometimes 2 ingredient.

Some players refuse to go to the Fel one. So we do about 50% each.

Yes you need to go with pets!!

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Some players refuse to go to the Fel one. So we do about 50% each.
For those who are new to Fel Mel.. you do not have to leave from the entrance to her lair. Have one person snag the keys, then leave from the safety of a guard zone if you wish (Fel side obviously). Also, I am not sure if this is still the case (when I go Fel Mel I snag keys there as well now) but at one point you could complete the quest in Tram, get the Dryad Blessing and then drop that in the basket Fel Side to get the keys.

Yes you need to go with pets!!
Definite truth here for me. Sure, she can be done with a Sampire for the skilled folks, but one Blood Oath and a half way slow reaction time will get ya that grey screen QUICK.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The most difficult part of the keys is killing the saliva, as it has 3 changelings and a bunch of harpies with it.

It's a lot easier now with pet training or RCs, but usually can be done with a mage precasting 2 Earth eles, and invisibility, targeting self after entering the tree. You might have to recast the eles once inside (then re-invis)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those who are new to Fel Mel.. you do not have to leave from the entrance to her lair. Have one person snag the keys, then leave from the safety of a guard zone if you wish (Fel side obviously). Also, I am not sure if this is still the case (when I go Fel Mel I snag keys there as well now) but at one point you could complete the quest in Tram, get the Dryad Blessing and then drop that in the basket Fel Side to get the keys.
Yes, You can get the keys and setup in Tram, then go to Fel and drop the blessing in. Any pker would attack upon exit. But the first guy out would tell you in chat. Take a BoS to send any drop to the bank. Ive only gotten 2 different white hair dyes. Im sure one is glacial. I wear a hooded robe so no one would see my hair anyway..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes, You can get the keys and setup in Tram, then go to Fel and drop the blessing in.
Good to know. Haven't tried in a couple years honestly.

Any pker would attack upon exit. But the first guy out would tell you in chat. Take a BoS to send any drop to the bank.
True. When we were running a group we would have the "sacrificial lamb" go down ladder, we would invis them when they were prompted to exit. At least then ya know to go out in a group to fight or not.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I need to pester her again this weekend. It has been a while.
Even more so now that death ray damage is affected by a slayer book.
So I will bring in my peace tamer with a fire beetle, my SW tamer with a 100% fire chiv drake and my pure mage in wraith form to slaughter the satyrs then sit there using death ray while draining her mana away.
Should go ridiculously fast.
Don't forget, Death Ray deals Energy Damage, which Lady Mel has a pretty high resistance to. If you plan on using Death Ray against her, bring a pet with either Rune Corruption or Conductive Blast to lower her Energy Resist.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Don't forget, Death Ray deals Energy Damage, which Lady Mel has a pretty high resistance to. If you plan on using Death Ray against her, bring a pet with either Rune Corruption or Conductive Blast to lower her Energy Resist.
That is what the fire beetle is for.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She travels in a Pack!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did one in Fel tonight. The guy who likes energy fields wanted to do the rest in tram because you cant walk thru someones field in Fel.

I had never seen anyone use fields before I started going with Merbee.
Our guild method was to all stand at the entry until a guy came running back, we invis him, and we go sick the pets on Mel. The satyrs were dead. Since we were in fel, that lead to many misclicks. You would hear in chat, "Bob, your dog is attacking my dog!" You would see in the party announcement, Bob has been killed by Big Boy or Fluffy.
Then after the battle there's still 2 or three pets fighting each other. Half of us were grey. Just like at the end of a spawn. Adds some fun.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
One of the main things to keep in mind now on Fel Mel is area effect pets, including the "bard discipline" ones. I would keep them in the stables and only use targeted pets raised up to take on a single target.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of the main things to keep in mind now on Fel Mel is area effect pets, including the "bard discipline" ones. I would keep them in the stables and only use targeted pets raised up to take on a single target.
70% or more of the Cus on LS have Goo. That and me mis clicking make some fun fights.