• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer template help

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I started a new tamer and could use a little help. I'm trying to figure out a way to fit in taming, lore, vet, mage, eval, med and spellweaving (SW).
My plan is to have taming, lore and SW at 120 real skill. So that leaves vet, mage, eval and med. Off the top of my head, I figure I can put +10 vet on a ring or bracelet. So that has me wondering about the other 3. Any thoughts on what would be a good target for the mage skills? 100 good enough? Or would 120 be possible and/or worth it to get to? I figure I can grab a Wizard's Curio to help with eval and a spellbook (maybe a Scrapper's for magery. My biggest issue really is what to aim for with the jewelry/book/totem caps.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have one that has a lot of mana regen in the skill build.

upload_2018-4-22_16-4-51.png

Gonna get vet to 100 and stop.

This one has more spell damage and enough regen to run consume and do a few spells.

upload_2018-4-22_16-7-9.png

Both suits have 24 - 27 or so mana regen. I forget.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Both of those look interesting. I do wonder, you said you can run CD with 24-27 MR and no med?
Maybe it’s a use case situation, as I went to fight Clockwork Exodus with some friends and I could not keep CD running and cast GH. And that toon has 120 med with a lot of MR, like north of 20.
Maybe it was the type of fight? I’d honestly like to go with the 2nd one and maybe I’ll go with that one with a little tweaking.
I hope I don’t come off as rude, not my intention, just curious how you make it work is all :)

North_LS

Journeyman
i run taming/lore/vet at 120 for the stable slots, mage/eval/weaving at 100, the rest dumped into med. the occasional mage and weaver fizzles are annoying, but it works well enough.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Both of those look interesting. I do wonder, you said you can run CD with 24-27 MR and no med?
Maybe it’s a use case situation, as I went to fight Clockwork Exodus with some friends and I could not keep CD running and cast GH. And that toon has 120 med with a lot of MR, like north of 20.
Maybe it was the type of fight? I’d honestly like to go with the 2nd one and maybe I’ll go with that one with a little tweaking.
I hope I don’t come off as rude, not my intention, just curious how you make it work is all :)
Check this thread to see how much MR/Med you will need to keep up CD: How much meditation and MR to keep As One up?

Spamming GH will definitely drain your mana pool over time if you are running CD, even with 120 med, but if you only had around 20 MR, you are regenerating about 9% less mana per second than if you had 30MR. Would that allow you to spam GH? Probably not, but would definitely help, especially if you are able to space out your heals to allow for some regen inbetween.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was going to tell you I used that calculation above. That toon can only do consume. Any spell is a loss.

The one with 100 Med can cast GHs for a while and regen back up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 28 MR on the guy with 36 Med. He can cast some spells but has to wait for regen.

The other one has a little less.

When I am not using consume, I have a macro that bandages pet and Gheals pet. Takes 4 - 5 to get the pet from real low to full.

I turn off consume when the mob is low enough to WoD.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Pawain for clearing that up.

I looked at the toon I mentioned above and he has 30 MR, and that is in addition to 120 med.

Anyway, I was thinking I’d lock magery, eval, med and vet at 90. Then using jewelry, Wizard’s Curio and Scrapper’s to raise them. If I have it right, I can go +10 magery on both ring and bracelet, +10 eval on both as well, +10 med on on either, or if I’m lucky, on the Scrapper’s. This all assuming I can afford 120 magery and eval.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m wondering how often you might actually need/use vet in that template. You could let some of your other skills have naturally higher skill and depend less on plus skill items most of the time... then carry around an extra set of +20 vet jewelry to slip on if you need to res a pet or something.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I’m wondering how often you might actually need/use vet in that template. You could let some of your other skills have naturally higher skill and depend less on plus skill items most of the time... then carry around an extra set of +20 vet jewelry to slip on if you need to res a pet or something.
That’s an idea. I could go with 60 vet and that would give me 30 more points to work with. Might take a few tries to ress a pet but I think I can live with that