• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Tamer T Hunter Pet

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
New to T Hunting and wanted to see if I could get a few questions answered?

1) What kind of pet do you take with you?
2) Explain the strategy you use
3) Do you do quite of bit of healing of pet (low HP or bad resists?)
4) What level Treasure Maps can you solo?

Thanks for any replies! All are appreciated.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
My tamer t-hunter I like to use for Ilshenar maps primarily. I like to dry-loot the chest, keep all the junk to train imbuing or for unraveling. My tame t-hunter uses a trained beetle with storage to spare.

I'm still working the strategy, but I solo'd an L7 this week. The renegade changeling was difficult.

On initial chest pop, I invis, then run off and try to lure the mobs one by one. It takes a lot of vetting, and I'm running a mastery volume II. My template:

upload_2018-7-4_7-13-36.png

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm still working the strategy, but I solo'd an L7 this week. The renegade changeling was difficult.
View attachment 83632
I believe that changeling is even harder than Irk ^^

Me and a friend do chests together, he's just a completely non combat treasure template and wears practically max luck attainable and I'm the person dealing with all the mobs.

Only few things I can give you are : wear your luck kit before digging, once you notice the chest is being dug up you can switch back to your normal kit. Sometimes you get really unlucky and a load of ancient wyrm's (something else difficult), you want pet to be mountable so you can save it's life if you get in a pinch and Cu Sidhe is best surviving pet ideal for no problems. The strategy is run away so you can do one at a time, control the monsters by hiding fast or using peacemaking aoe or mysticism aoe sleep, also if your after pets remember to take all loot out of the chests for max spawn (frost dragon/cold drake/dragonwolf). I only do lvl 6/7 maps.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Currently, for level 1-5 I use a giant beetle, as I do several maps per trip. Only a few of these require much maintenance.

The only difficulties are with level 4 Tram/Fel (if 4 or more of the spawn are Ogre Lords or Lich Lords in some combination), level 5 Tokuno (if you get too many hiryu), and level 5 Ter Mur (if you get 2 or more Maddening Horrors, as they dogpile on revenants and animated dead (which are usually Lich Lords or Liches, from the other spawn's corpses). You have to stay invis.

Level 6s in most shards can be difficult with the wrong spawn mix (I once had a mix of 7 GD/AW on a tram map), though Level 6 Ter Mur are actually easier than the level 5s.

For the higher maps, a Disco Cu probably will work better than a Chiv cu (to minimize EoO issues), switching to a 5-slot Giant Beetle after the initial guardians are cleared.

Falcon

Visitor
I use a 5 slot Giant Beetle to solo all map levels on all facets. I use luck suit when digging, and precast invis when I start, then target once the chest is fully visible. Then run off screen, toggle war mode and attack one guardian and draw it away from the crowd. Kill each guardian in this manner until all are dead. If there are any that you want to tame (Cold Drake, Frost Dragon, Dragon Wolf) save those for last, mark a rune at map site then recall to town, stable pet and return to tame target, repeat as necessary if there are more than one.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a chiv + AI CU. Drop consume damage on it and let it rip up the spawn.

Jacob Centeno Centeno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What is a chiv cu sidhe? I'm currently adding taming on to my t hunter. I am considering buying the mythic token ><. Also, how much taming do I need to run the giant beetle or cu?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A chiv Cu sidhe is a Cu sidhe trained up to a higher control slot level, and given Chivalry (and Armor Ignore, usually) in the training.

Typically, once you've trained the Cu Sidhe or Beetle, it will jump to 108 Taming & Lore required, though the total skill can be from jewelry (just try not to issue commands while you're getting dressed after a death).