• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer/Spell Caster Stats

Turkish

Journeyman
Hello everyone,

I'm reworking my template a little bit on one of my tamers and I have a question about stats. Is there any disadvantage to having your dex and stam on your toon being as low as 10? I'd like to crank my str and int up to 125 each (without equipment), but I'm not sure if that will backfire at some point down the road. I looked over the template thread but didn't see much about stats.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is your tamer a caster as a support skill? If so, 10 Dex is fine for PvM.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, 125/10/125 is fine for most Tamers. Except for something like a Tamer/Archer or Thrower.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup, we can walk thru things in Tram, in Fel you cant walk through your own pet or a mannequin without stam loss..

Last edited:

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
in Fel you cant walk through your own pet ... without stam loss..
I have found that if you are in a guild and feed your pet, then have him follow and guard you, you can walk thru them without stam loss. I do this all the time in Fel to make sure mobs target my dog and not me.

I am not 100% sure that the guild part is necessary, but I believe so.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yup, we can walk thru things in Tram, in Fel you cant walk through your own pet or a mannequin without stam loss..
I have found that if you are in a guild and feed your pet, then have him follow and guard you, you can walk thru them without stam loss. I do this all the time in Fel to make sure mobs target my dog and not me.
Stam block is not a huge deal anyway when you are a Mage. Set a macro for teleport and good to go...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a fel house and my 5 spiders underfoot are a pain when I am walking around storing my loot. I get stuck a lot. And there's at least 50 mannequins.

I'll try the feeding. Thanks