• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer Magic

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Right now I am running:
120 Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Magery
120 Evaluate Intelligence
120 Spell Weaving ( 100 right now but training slowly )
120 Vetinary (117 but training slowly)

My issue is that Spell Weaving blows right now. Yeah, can cast WOD but it fails a lot and that last 20 point will be extremely painful.

120 Necro, 120 SS is good for wither spamming but I loose Vet and then cant res my pet, which is a real pain in the neck.

Right now at spawns I use Earthquake which is a real mana hog.

Thinking that maybe Archery and Tactics might be better off then Vet and SW and maybe I can create a res pet suit to put on if it dies. Its just a pain porting back to the house, stoning vet, rezing pet, stoning back skill then going back to the spawn.

Maybe 100 Archery
Tactics 80 = Maybe more with vet suit
Vet ? What ever needed with +vet suit to rez

This way I can get sustained damage with Archery when meding from Earthquake spam.

Any suggestions? I am at an awkward place.

DrVenkman

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I havent run vet in years, your pet should pretty much never die. Basically if your pets about to die or if you die, you log out and back in before it dies.
Ive had a couple times were i wish i had vet but theres just no room unless i went straight pvm, but i like to pvp, do spawns, do peerless pretty much everything on my tamer and dont have room for vet when i need resisting spells and eval still.
My wife has vet instead of resist and she has to rez my pet sometimes, i just cant go without resist tho, mana drain, paralyze ect is too much of a pain.

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Good comment. Maybe I should stick with SW and drop Vet to pick up resist? That way I would learn to make pet death not painful. I have 120 Resist scrolled.

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I havent run vet in years, your pet should pretty much never die. Basically if your pets about to die or if you die, you log out and back in before it dies.
Ive had a couple times were i wish i had vet but theres just no room unless i went straight pvm, but i like to pvp, do spawns, do peerless pretty much everything on my tamer and dont have room for vet when i need resisting spells and eval still.
My wife has vet instead of resist and she has to rez my pet sometimes, i just cant go without resist tho, mana drain, paralyze ect is too much of a pain.
What is your normal template I could change to :
Right now I am running:
120 Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Magery
120 Resist

But the log out, log in trick is something I will start doing!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Right now I am running:
120 Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Magery
120 Resist

Would help to know what type of content you plan on using your template for

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you need magic resist? Can you run consume?

WoD is a huge time saver.
Get rid of resist and get the meditation you need for consume.

Use enchanted apples if weaken is hurting you.

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Why do you need magic resist? Can you run consume?

WoD is a huge time saver.
Get rid of resist and get the meditation you need for consume.

Use enchanted apples if weaken is hurting you.
Brilliant! I was underwelmed with consume becasue I could not restore mana when running it. I will try Med 120 and see if that makes a difference and keep training SW. I am at 100.2 SW =( so not a big fan of WoD yet.

DrVenkman

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Right now I am running:
120 Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Magery
120 Resist

My template is
120 magery
120 eval
120 resist
120 med
120 taming
120 lore
Honestly tho i dont recommend this template, you yourself prob should stick with vet like the others are saying, the resist is only good for pvp other than that it is not needed. Plus you have to be good at casting to really use this template at least enough to where youve won some mage duels and what not and if you didnt know the log out trick than im just assuming you prob havent done much mage dueling either. I would suggest sticking to more of a pvm template.
Find what works for you thats whats most important, if your having fun than thats the whole point of playing is to have fun.

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My template is
120 magery
120 eval
120 resist
120 med
120 taming
120 lore
Honestly tho i dont recommend this template, you yourself prob should stick with vet like the others are saying, the resist is only good for pvp other than that it is not needed. Plus you have to be good at casting to really use this template at least enough to where youve won some mage duels and what not and if you didnt know the log out trick than im just assuming you prob havent done much mage dueling either. I would suggest sticking to more of a pvm template.
Find what works for you thats whats most important, if your having fun than thats the whole point of playing is to have fun.
It has been many years since I did PvP. PvP is very fun but a little too stressful for me so I am sticking to PvM and no drama. Think I will stick to this template for now:

Right now I am running:
120 Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Magery
120 Spell Weaving
120 Meditation

I need to remember to always have that self/pet rez spell up. Created a macro to do both me and my pet with one button and will work on some kind of alert when it goes down. With this template and consume I can kill most things with not much an issue.

I also can swap out SW/Med for Necro/SS when I feel fiesty but would just rather have SW/Med for the boss.

Thanks for the input!!