• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer input wanted - a directory of tamers offering pets and other taming services

What do you think of a tamer directory?

• Yes please!

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No thanks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't mind either way

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to get your thoughts on this before I go and ask if we can do this.

I would like to create a thread where each player can get a post each to indicate what shard they're on, their contact details, the services they offer to players (taming, herding, emergency resurrection etc etc) and where the pet traders can provide a link to a pet for sale thread on the relevant trade forum, or just post details of their top pets.

Up at the top I'd create an index of each shard with the poster's names in each one. Tamers would be restricted to their one post, but could edit it as necessary.

So you'd get something like:

Shard

Tamer(s)

Contact info

Services

Tram/Fel

Current Pets for Sale

As I say, I need to ask if I'm allowed to offer this, but I want to see if anyone's interested and check if I haven't missed anything.

Yay, nay and feedback is much appreciated as always!

Wenchy

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Re: Tamer input wanted - a directory of tamers offering pets and other taming service

Yes if people still sell pets. Dunno if anyone really sells em anymore though...

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Tamer input wanted - a directory of tamers offering pets and other taming service

I sell your standard request (e.g. blue beetles, ostards, etc..) if someone is looking for them in the chat. I usually sell them for 500gp, unless the buyer wants to go with, then it is usally free. Most of the time they are generous tippers.

I normally don't sell fire beetles, as they are troublesome to get. If the buyer wants to help me, has a tamer of their own I can provide support to, or one of my guildmates wants to go then I will tame them for someone else. This is also handled over chat.

Obtaining other pets are usaully by request for support, since the others generally require you to be a proficient tamer.

I voted indifferent, but if this does get put at the top, I suggest that the "current pets for sale" are not included. They will not be kept current, as they would rarely get edited (thus falling out of date and mislead others). The contact info is a good idea though. The THB had this for doing treasure maps when I first started UO. It was a good resource. The sale of pets can be handled on the respective trade forum for each shard, by someone posting a "looking for X on __ shard", or PM'ing the persons listed in the sticky for the shard they are interested in.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I sell your standard request (e.g. blue beetles, ostards, etc..) if someone is looking for them in the chat. I usually sell them for 500gp, unless the buyer wants to go with, then it is usally free. Most of the time they are generous tippers.

I normally don't sell fire beetles, as they are troublesome to get. If the buyer wants to help me, has a tamer of their own I can provide support to, or one of my guildmates wants to go then I will tame them for someone else. This is also handled over chat.

Obtaining other pets are usaully by request for support, since the others generally require you to be a proficient tamer.

I voted indifferent, but if this does get put at the top, I suggest that the "current pets for sale" are not included. They will not be kept current, as they would rarely get edited (thus falling out of date and mislead others). The contact info is a good idea though. The THB had this for doing treasure maps when I first started UO. It was a good resource. The sale of pets can be handled on the respective trade forum for each shard, by someone posting a "looking for X on __ shard", or PM'ing the persons listed in the sticky for the shard they are interested in.

Stayin Alive,

BG
That's a great point about folk forgetting to update for sale stuff, I wasn't thinking from that angle at all - think you've just saved me a lot of PMing work :D

I was a bit wary of having any specific sales listings in the thread, more from the point of view that it might detract from the idea that tamers listed anything they were willing to do/sell to others and it wasn't all about pet sales. I want this to be more like a collection of our "business cards" with trading in the same place. But yep, that's another reason to separate any specific pets for sale from the directory thread. Thanks :)

Apparently there's also the option of opening a sub forum here holding a tamers directory, and I'm thinking the ideal would be to have a sticky thread and individual threads to sell pets etc below that.

I'll have to double check exact details, so the above isn't 100% guaranteed, but I think that it's a good compromise to suit tamers who want to help others, and those who just want a marketplace.

Anyone with any other comments please throw them into the barrel here and I'll see what we can do :)

Wenchy

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

While such directories fall out of date quickly (and require a heck of a time investment if the goal is to keep them up to date), still any directory is better than no directory. I vote yes!

And, regarding whether anybody sells pets anymore - I know a few people that do. I used to, but it got too boring to bank-sit trying to sell them. With a directory to refer to, sales might be easier. :)

T

thesplatter

The Dev`s should find something how to sell pets over a vendor. That would be the easiest of all.

But a directory would be good too.

Lexx Merlin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hello everyone.

I sell pets on the Atlantic shard. I currently specialize in greater dragons, hiryus, and cu sidhes. I go out and look for high end ones (4.0 and above) or I get rare color ones as vanity pets. I also currently offer training on all pets to max, except healing on a cu.

If anyone would like to contact me about buying fully trained pets, my icq # is 33502723. I am based on the Atlantic shard.

Right now I don't have any in stock other than a fully trained blue gold hiryu and an untrained rare strong green hiryu. I'm on back order for filling greater dragons. Just have not got to play that much over the last couple days due to real life problems.

-Lexx Merlin

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hi all

I am on Europa shard deal in Greater Dragons and Cu's mainly, have a couple of Cu's in stock just now ranging from 3.5 (Copper), 3.6 and 3.7 (Normal), also a beginners untrained Greater Dragon, 3.2(904HP). minimum of all my pets is usually 3.5, the Gd being the exception.

Interested in a pet just give a shout for Vixen on chat, normally logged into General or Help channels. Also supply any non tamer pet free of charge, with the exception of the fire beetle I don't tame them.

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Input thread... Thread in which some people don't get the original post's request... ^^

I would figure that's a yes people would use it wenchy :thumbsup:

Are mechanical pets gonna be sellable through it? Just akin ya know... :p

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Input thread... Thread in which some people don't get the original post's request... ^^

I would figure that's a yes people would use it wenchy :thumbsup:

Are mechanical pets gonna be sellable through it? Just akin ya know... :p
Oooooh....I dunno about that.....You don't have plans for world/intergalactic domination that might distress Doctor Who at some time?

Mind you, considering they're usually made with sellotape and used washing liquid bottles, I'm not sure it matters. You can list em :D It avoids a picket line of angry golems and leather wolves...

Wenchy

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm going to end the poll now, because the sharp eyed among you will have noticed the new sub forum :D

Wenchy