• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

tamer gear

H

haladrigis

i was just wondering whats the best gear to get for this temp
115taming
115lore
100vet
100magery
100music
120disco
50 meditation

so far i have a suit that has 69 70 70 70 74 resists 100%lmc what i guess i am asking is there any named items worth getting? the only 2 i have it quiver of infinity and totem of void. is there any named spell books or head armor worth looking for? some of my gear also has lmc and dci thank in advance!!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just use a runic made suit with a bit of MR, LMC, LRC and luck. It doesn't shine in any of those categories (except 100% LRC without jewels), but it certainly gets the job done.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one thing that springs to mind is that you need more music skill (ideally 120) so you could either pull from med to boost that to 120 too, then in all honesty the rest is optional. There are craftable arty arms with +10 music which you may want to use. It depends how they fit into the overal stasts of your suit. You might also check the collection reward totems (museum I think) and I think there might be a hat arty from a peerless boss with music skills too. I've never looked into acquiring either, but again they might fit into your suit.

One thing you probably know already is that 115 in a taming skill won't get you a stable slot, only the GM, 110 and 120 skill landmarks will do that. So you may find it better to have 120 taming and 110 lore to add a stable slot.

2 arties that I do like from doom are the bracelet of health and ring of elements. The former is handy for survivability in tough places and the ring can be very useful at boosting resists with luck on top. I tend to live in that ring.

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was just wondering whats the best gear to get for this temp
115taming
115lore
100vet
100magery
100music
120disco
50 meditation

so far i have a suit that has 69 70 70 70 74 resists 100%lmc what i guess i am asking is there any named items worth getting? the only 2 i have it quiver of infinity and totem of void. is there any named spell books or head armor worth looking for? some of my gear also has lmc and dci thank in advance!!
Assuming the character is a tammer vs a Fighter, then I would suggest you get a Mage -0 Weapon. In addition, I would suggest you increase your DCI to 45%, even at the expense of the %Resists.

5% Luck

My brother runs:

120 tame
120 lore
120 vet
120 music
120 discord
120 peace

He alternates magery on and off at the 120 lvl. I personally hate his template but he makes it work very effectively.

H

haladrigis

kk, 120 taming 110lore and ill bump music to 120, so whats the difference in having gm music vs 120 music? i was just going by what i read in the bard forums with gm music 120 voke u have a 100% chance to voke 2 dragons so i figured music really didnt need to be 120 to disco a dragon..i really dont know :) can peerless/champs be disco'd? is that where the 120music would be handy?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kk, 120 taming 110lore and ill bump music to 120, so whats the difference in having gm music vs 120 music? i was just going by what i read in the bard forums with gm music 120 voke u have a 100% chance to voke 2 dragons so i figured music really didnt need to be 120 to disco a dragon..i really dont know :) can peerless/champs be disco'd? is that where the 120music would be handy?
You do not really need 120 Music unless your a Bard that also tames on occasion.

100 Music is just fine, I settled for 110 as I use Peace to manage the encounter. And that is adequate.

The +10 comes from Jewelry..... :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kk, 120 taming 110lore and ill bump music to 120, so whats the difference in having gm music vs 120 music? i was just going by what i read in the bard forums with gm music 120 voke u have a 100% chance to voke 2 dragons so i figured music really didnt need to be 120 to disco a dragon..i really dont know can peerless/champs be disco'd? is that where the 120music would be handy?
Music is the first skill which is checked when it comes to determining if you fail or succeed a barding attempt. So you want that skill to be the first to get the skill points, because of that.

After that, the other barding skills need only be as high as the critters you plan to bard. However, even a 120 peace bard is going to fail on the higher end stuff, so it comes down to how you want to play that character. If it's vital to you that you don't fail a peace, then ramp the skills up on peace and music. If you're happy to have your pets take more risk, then by all means channel some barding skill into taming.

You've probably seen them already, but you can see the effects of your barding skills with the barding difficulty calculator here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/bardingdifficulty.php and also the lists of critters with barding difficulty here: http://www.therodentstones.com/Patrick/BardingDifficultyList.html

And to add yet more food for thought, the effectiveness of your peacemaking is also influenced by your peacemaking skill. So the higher skill will enable you to hold critters for longer and be harder for them to break.

Wenchy