• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer Commands and Macro help.

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have tamer commands changed which we used to be able to macro in the options menu?

I dug out an old tamer for housekeeping after a long sleep, and realize my old macros for All kill, Follow, Guard, Stay, what have you, no longer get my pets to respond.

I cleaned out the options menu, and started again, but the same, "Say..." options using F5 and such still do not get pets to follow command. Instead, I have to go back to clicking on the pet and selecting from their menu to get them to respond.

I do not have the same problem with other characters and their macros on the same shard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On an old tamer you may not have enough tame/lore for the pet. Go to this page UO Stratics - Animal Taming and put in your skills and select control chance and hit go. Can't remember when but I think they upped they requirments for tamers controlling pets.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this will help but try.
all kill
all follow me
all guard me
all stop
all stay
You can replace all with the pets name.
If that still dosen't help, try feeding the pet(s)
if that fails too, call a gm :)
Good luck

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have tamer commands changed which we used to be able to macro in the options menu?

I dug out an old tamer for housekeeping after a long sleep, and realize my old macros for All kill, Follow, Guard, Stay, what have you, no longer get my pets to respond.

I cleaned out the options menu, and started again, but the same, "Say..." options using F5 and such still do not get pets to follow command. Instead, I have to go back to clicking on the pet and selecting from their menu to get them to respond.

I do not have the same problem with other characters and their macros on the same shard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is the macro text appearing as it should?

Try checking you haven't set any commands in UO or UOAssist that use the same key combo either.

I've got macros I set years ago that still work so I'm not sure why yours have stopped. I assume you're using the old Classic Client and not the new Enhanced one?

I've got commands set as say or whisper "all follow me", "all kill" etc (without the quotes ;)), so if you're using that syntax in the Classic Client it should still work. Try saying/whispering the command you want to use in game and see what happens.

You could also try deleting the old macros and setting fresh ones, or assign them to another key and see if that works better.

Wenchy

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Outstanding help, everyone. Thank you.

In the end, I went back and erased all macros in UO and UO Assist, then started over.

That worked.

J

[JD]

the EC is a boon for tamers, might wanna check it out. you can make a macro that targets next enemy, automatically honors, and tells yor pet to attack... and much much more

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the EC is a boon for tamers, might wanna check it out. you can make a macro that targets next enemy, automatically honors, and tells yor pet to attack... and much much more
Great tip, only, and forgive me, but I don't understand at all.

Please share. Was away awhile.

U

uoBuoY

When a char Honors himself no critters will aggro on him for a time. Makes taming tough critters easier.

"...you can make a macro that targets next enemy, automatically honors, and tells yor pet to attack..." that's the process to build your char's Honor.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Great tip, only, and forgive me, but I don't understand at all.

Please share. Was away awhile.
There is a new client called the Enhanced Client. It isn't perfect, but it is better than the old Classic Client, in my opinion, even with UO Assist, for a whole raft of reasons. There is a forum dedicated to the Enhanced Client, you might want to check it out.

If you are just getting back into the game I would strongly suggest you check out the Enhanced Client, and give it a really good try, before you get so used to the Classic Client that everything else feels like a bowl of fettuccine. The Enhanced Client is especially useful for tamers.

You can find the Enhanced Client here.

O

Old Man of UO

You can also use EC to make a macro to:
Dismount > All Kill > target either current target, cursor, next enemy, nearest enemy, etc.

Handy one step macro - just be careful using that at a guild meeting. It was a mistake... honest.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You can also use EC to make a macro to:
Dismount > All Kill > target either current target, cursor, next enemy, nearest enemy, etc.

Handy one step macro - just be careful using that at a guild meeting. It was a mistake... honest.
I have had my pets hit me many times by not paying attention to what i had targeted i learned to keep all stop macroed

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With using macros in EC for targeting the next enemy - I've found that, for example, energy vortexes cast by people fighting with me will be in the next enemy list. Do you find this to be a problem using a next enemy macro? i.e. the pet then attacks something it shouldn't? Is there any way around it?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
With using macros in EC for targeting the next enemy - I've found that, for example, energy vortexes cast by people fighting with me will be in the next enemy list. Do you find this to be a problem using a next enemy macro? i.e. the pet then attacks something it shouldn't? Is there any way around it?
I have next and last hostile bound to my mouse wheel, and all my tamer commands use current target. I would never use next hostile for tamer commands. If I get the wrong target, I just keep scrolling. Although I have screwed up and attacked the wrong target from time to time.

O

Old Man of UO

I have next and last hostile bound to my mouse wheel, and all my tamer commands use current target. I would never use next hostile for tamer commands. If I get the wrong target, I just keep scrolling. Although I have screwed up and attacked the wrong target from time to time.
I use next hostile for large spawns only, and then switch to cursor targeting with the mouse wheel as you do. If I am alone or at large spawns it's not a problem, but when working closely with friends you do have to watch out for the wrong target.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I use next hostile for large spawns only, and then switch to cursor targeting with the mouse wheel as you do. If I am alone or at large spawns it's not a problem, but when working closely with friends you do have to watch out for the wrong target.
I used the mobiles display in Lucis Interface for targeting most of the time. And it works quite well everywhere but in large spawns where it breaks down due to the large numbers of mobiles in range. I find even next and last hostile will often break down in those circumstances, and sometimes I am forced to resort to clicking on the mobile itself.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I used the mobiles display in Lucis Interface for targeting most of the time. And it works quite well everywhere but in large spawns where it breaks down due to the large numbers of mobiles in range. I find even next and last hostile will often break down in those circumstances, and sometimes I am forced to resort to clicking on the mobile itself, which isn't as bad as it sounds for me because I don't use my mouse to control my movement.