• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer/ Bard Character Questions

• Thread starter Shield Maiden
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Shield Maiden

Hello everyone,

I am planning on making another character and I want her to be a tamer/ bard. Hopefully some kind people here can answer these questions for me:

1) If you had 720 skill points what skills and point totals would you choose?

2) Which bard skill is the slowest and most difficult to raise?

3) Is there a bard skill you would choose not to have? If so, which one?

3) If you were to use an advanced character token for this character would you choose the tamer or bard template?

Thank you in advance for your help!

J

JoyousGard

I don't of what you ask. It is all pretty vague. Do some research and post specific questions. I did a little research on Bards and it sounded like too much practice for me.

It might be helpful to use the search feature, then make sure "UO Tamer Forum" is highlighted. Search for "Tamer Template" or "Bard Template" or "Bard Tamer" or "Music" or something like that within the Past 1 Year.

I'm pretty sure the answers to your questions have been thrown about before.

G

All 3 taming skills, music, peacemaking and then the rest to fit your style, magery is almost a must to for getting new pets to the stables.

Provocation is the hardest to raise of the three bard skills, at least from a safety standpoint.

My tamer is Taming/Lore/Vet/Music/Peace/Discordance/Magery. Depends alot on what items you have access to as well.

If you use the advanced character token I'd pick Tamer over Bard, you'll get to skill all the "crummy" critters and with the right jewels can "start" taming with the fun stuff (Hiryu, Unicorn, Nightmare, Cu, etc...)

Rey~

G

Paddy is my Tamer/Bard. He is a money maker. 200K an hour in Destard, easily.

His stats are

118 Provoke
100 Music
110 Mage
110 Tame
100 Animal Lore
100 Vet
80 Med

Still working on Provoke.

M

mutau

<font color="red">120 music,120 peace (for ease in taming), 115+ taming (prefer 120), 115 lore, 115 vet, 110 magery </font>

<font color="red">Provocation is the worst imo. still working on it. </font>

<font color="red">Provocation. I use peace for getting the pet. I use disco in dungeons with some heavy hitters. only time i use provo is in places with heavy spawn like Bedlam (which isn't often) </font>

3) If you were to use an advanced character token for this character would you choose the tamer or bard template?

<font color="red">I'd use the tamer template and train up the bard. Barding is pretty easy. once you have the 120 music, you have a easier time to land the disco/provo/peace. And, if you choose peace, at 120 you keep the animal peaced a little longer i think. </font>

G

120 Music
120 Discord
110 Taming
110 Lore
100 Vet
100 Magery (+skill spellbook takes to 110)
60 Med (+skill clothes/items takes med to 100)

Pros:- High Level pvm including Peerless &amp; Doom Gauntlet
Cons:- Weak defensively especially in Champ Spawns (relies heavily on my knowledge &amp; ability to position myself &amp; my pets for maximum efficiency)

Provoke is the most slow &amp; difficult to gain, the other bardic skills are just slow.

Peacemaking. The skill use delay between using peacemaking &amp; being able to use the taming skill irks the bejeebers out of me. I also loathe the effect on fresh tames which have been peaced - they wander around befuddled &amp; trancelike when I really need them to be listening and following me out of the taming area. Even on my bard tamers, it's just much easier, faster, and altogether less aggravating for me to simply lead tame everything.

As a new tamer or a new bard, I really wouldn't deprive myself of the knowledge &amp; experience to be gained in the 0-85 skill range. More than anything, I'd miss the char's progression which is something I quite enjoy. Could just be me though, often is.

G

<blockquote><hr>

More than anything, I'd miss the char's progression which is something I quite enjoy. Could just be me though, often is.

[/ QUOTE ]
You (and I) are tamers of a different breed Nico. Seriously.

G

Oh, I dunno, Flutter. Delayed gratification has its merits...