• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer and guards in conflict?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Invasion. So well. The tamer is swinging his bola and leading that angry war horse away biting him in the backside again and again. Somehow he manages to survive the attacks of the beast.
After a while both - the tamer and the horse - are already tired from the procedure and then - out of the nowhere - a guard decides to execute the horse.
Happened more than one time.

But the harshest kind of guard interception:
Tamer finally succeeds, but horse is still grey to him.
All follow me!
All guard me!
Wooommmmmm!
Horse gone, guard there.

Either they should ignore all monster activities or do it with consitency.
*Salute*
Olahorand

C

Connor_Graham

Like the spawn, the guards are union too.

There's really no recourse but to file a grievance, then watch as nothing is done to the guard in question since his brother is the shop foreman.

B

BartofCats

LOL every time i hear this story i laugh.

Whats wrong with taming it and jumping on it and taking it oh i dont know... to your house maybe and then making it do what you want?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really.. isn't this what you get for saying "guard" around a grey creature while in a city?

H

HeathBar

That happened to me the first time I tamed one. Someone ran by and said guards right after I had tamed it and didn't have time to mount. Just another "undocumented feature" of UO that we have to live with.

R

Revenant2

Yes there's something not right about this.

The guards are also whacking some of the Vanguard's summons. They may spawn grey and then if you say guards, it gets smashed.

If you tame a dread warhorse, you will absolutely want any macro with 'guards' on it to be seperate from any follow macro. No matter what you think it's color highlighting is (grey, blue), you'll wanna get on it right away so that no matter what it can't be guardwhacked by a miscellaneous NPC guard call or the words of another player. The pet sometimes appears colored grey for a good while.

I also saw this while taming cu sidhes last night. The dogs stayed grey sometimes after you'd tamed them. It's pretty recent and given the guardwhackability observed in the invasions, it's clearly a real, serverside flagging problem, not a client highlighting deal.

P

packrat

I noticed the guards whacking some of the spawn also. I was doing the spawn with my bard and right when they spawned I hit the wrong key (bank, guards) instead of my peace key and half the spawn got guard whacked. A lich spawned right next to me and I noticed it was gray as it got whacked.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today I tamed a war horse, which was a keeper. It was blue, I went two steps to mount it, in that moment a guard came and liquidated my tame.
Verrrryyyy annoying!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The guards are also whacking some of the Vanguard's summons. They may spawn grey and then if you say guards, it gets smashed.

Those aren't summons - those are animates being created from the corpses of the dead, and Revenants from Vengeful Spirit(that die the second they pop into a guard zone).