• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tameing Gains

• Thread starter Deryk the Pirate
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Deryk the Pirate

Hello All,

Ive been away from UO for a while and just came back, and have been working on my tamer and Ive got him to 102.3 I got a gain yesterday off of kirins and I thought over 100 skill it was a gauranteed gain every 24 hours... well logged in tonight spent an hour tameing kirins, then went and tamed some of the ridgebacks...then another half hour with the kirins...died once...ate etc and no gains.

I Ate a 115 Tame scroll and have a few skills turned down so I can gain.. my magery/eval/vet have gone up, but not tameing lol.

any thoughts?

thanks

deryk

U

uoBuoY

Hello All,

Ive been away from UO for a while and just came back, and have been working on my tamer and Ive got him to 102.3 I got a gain yesterday off of kirins and I thought over 100 skill it was a gauranteed gain every 24 hours... well logged in tonight spent an hour tameing kirins, then went and tamed some of the ridgebacks...then another half hour with the kirins...died once...ate etc and no gains.

I Ate a 115 Tame scroll and have a few skills turned down so I can gain.. my magery/eval/vet have gone up, but not tameing lol.

any thoughts?

thanks

deryk

Don't use anything to increase your effective Taming skill.

Mark a rune to the housing section of Kitsuni Woods on Homare-Jima. There's nothing aggressive there and Taming Gaman will take you to 115.

Check out the table at the bottom of this page
http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/ggs.shtml

If you have a load of SoulStones you can off-load all skills except for Taming and you can get a GGS gain every few hours.

D

Deryk the Pirate

I could kick myself when I left I was annoyed about something and didnt pack up my house..lost all the lovely blue soul stones... but have several coupons for fragments...Now its been a while for me with using soul stones.... just before I make further mistakes, the soul stone takes up to 100 points of a skill right? so if you have over 100 points in a skill you will still have those points left right? (for example 110 magery soul stone it you still have 10 magery right? or does the stone take all 110?)

Im thinkin of stoning all but tame/lore/magery so he can get around.

thanks

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stone takes whatever skill level you have, from .1 to 120. Just remember your soul frags are only good for five uses each, so use them wisely.

D

Deryk the Pirate

Well honestly I dont think there really is a harder skill to raise then tameing... I just want to get him up there so I can tame one of the new dragons... they look like a fun pet to hunt with. Granted Ive got the skill jewlery but prefer to do it without any of that kinda stuff. So anyone from Pacific here? I moved over a few years back because there used to be a very active Tamers guild... Now Im not sure who's left anymore. Still had fun killing ice deamons with my Cu last night.. working honor and sacrifice.

U

uoBuoY

Im thinkin of stoning all but tame/lore/magery so he can get around.
Lore is not required nor checked for Taming. You can leave home without it!
BTW the GGS chart is "Approximate time period...". Results will vary!

D

Deryk the Pirate

yeah and they do vary lol... I have 332 skill points now and been 12 hours since my last gain lol oh well sooner or later lol

D

Deryk the Pirate

Well I put a bug report in, 27 hours with not a single gain... so far my Moonglow Zoo Donation is up 7k (28 kirin donated) and about 80 gaman today (Im saving Leather)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a while since I needed to try it, but if you're sure your gains have stuck, unlock one of your stats and try a tame attempt. For some reason, letting a stat change by 1 seems to kick gains off if you're on a wall.

Otherwise you're at a skill level I've stuck at too. Try great harts, healer's grove is my favourite spot. Sometimes I've got gains there just by taming those guys in really quick succession.

And of course if you can soulstone skills off and don't mind not being able to hunt etc with pets till you're done, that's another option.

Wenchy

D

Deryk the Pirate

I will give the stat thing a try but great harts at 102?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't recommend them past 103 but I found I wasn't getting good gains by switching to gaman so I kept at the harts some days and others I tamed ridgebacks with some skill jewellery. You can also try Barrier Isle with harts and bulls, but you often get brigand spawns popping around you, so it's more challenging. But that's another option.

You can also jewel up to 104 -105 taming and work ridgebacks early.

Wenchy

D

Deryk the Pirate

well got a tremendous amount of gains..guess the ggs caught up lol..and getting close to 105. Currently whats the highest tame needed for a pet? I need to find someone on pacific that makes paint.