• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamed these critters this morning....

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Awww piglets!

I think they have pack instinct so be careful ;)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww piglets!

I think they have pack instinct so be careful ;)
Hehe Mom finally got up and went to the mud hole and feeder so I sat down with them for the get to know me phase I always do with a new litter. These aside from being the biggest newborn pigs I have ever seen, are also the most persistent. They must have thought I was mom and I got bit with those little needle teeth all over in places that I didn't know I had places :)

watch out wolf spiders the new pack kings are coming! ^_~
The biggest that black and white standing in the middle is without question the pack king. At only a few hours old the rest kind of hang back and wait to see what he is going to do, then follow suit.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh they are newborn?? WOW they are huge!

Cute as can be though! My mom's best friend owns a farm and she just got her first pot-belly...omg I can't get enough of her! lol

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh they are newborn?? WOW they are huge!

Cute as can be though! My mom's best friend owns a farm and she just got her first pot-belly...omg I can't get enough of her! lol
Yeah they were born this morning, spent 3am-5am with my arm up to the elbow in mom working that big guy out once he was through the rest shot right out. Thought at 90 minutes in that he was going to be a still born, just too long in the birth canal, but got him out, got the bag off of him, tickled him all over and off he scooted to a teat. Times like that that I am really glad sows are effectively paralyzed when they go into labor.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah they were born this morning, spent 3am-5am with my arm up to the elbow in mom working that big guy out once he was through the rest shot right out. Thought at 90 minutes in that he was going to be a still born, just too long in the birth canal, but got him out, got the bag off of him, tickled him all over and off he scooted to a teat. Times like that that I am really glad sows are effectively paralyzed when they go into labor.
Oh wow yeah 2 hours is not good....glad you got him out! Not good for Momma either....you're a good sudo-Dad! I have helped birth a few pigs and even a horse once....first time I was TOTALLY grossed out but it was beautiful!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow yeah 2 hours is not good....glad you got him out! Not good for Momma either....you're a good sudo-Dad! I have helped birth a few pigs and even a horse once....first time I was TOTALLY grossed out but it was beautiful!
Sadly I have big hands and that did not help, a smaller sow I would have had to call my friend with tiny hands and she would not be happy getting up and driving over here at 3am :) LOL the beauty of it was lost on me years ago, now it is just a bllody, amniotic fluid, afterbirth mess and I want the shower ASAP. Now after they are a couple of hours old and cleaned up......... That is when I like them :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good eatin!

I hope you wore one of those long yellow gloves.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That must have been fun. Are you a veterinarian, or a farmer who knows how to deliver piglets?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or did they tame me the pack instinct was strong in them at birth LOL.

View attachment 72539
Now I can see why those sows are getting loose ;)

Amazing that they can break that welded wire fencing.

Your definitely have your hands full ( no punt intended or curse lol )

Thanks for sharing!

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh my god!!!
Is that 9x 25% damage bonus from pack instinct?
That just waaay too much cuteness per second!! :D

Too OP please report that to Mesanna so she can deal with it!! ;)