• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tame vs Transfer?

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello

Im looking to know how much skill below the tame minimum, does someone need to have a pet transfered to them. I have been getting fire steeds on seige, and trying to get rid of them to some guild members. Some are just up and coming tamers. So im wondering what they would need to transfer it. Control isnt an issue, as they can just stable it for a while, and use it later.

The fire steed is 106 tame, so would they need about 101, 96? not sure here.

Thanks

Z

Zodiac19

Preaty sure you need min taming requirements (firesteed 106) to recieve any pets except own by anyone pets like horses and blue beetles.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

Preaty sure you need min taming requirements (firesteed 106) to recieve any pets except own by anyone pets like horses and blue beetles.
hmm i havnt played in a while so maybe they changed it, but as far as i know it has always been possible to transfer pets to people of low skill

i got my first dragon in the high 80's. back when brit bank was where everyone hung out

it just wont listen to you

R

RichDC

I have done a check and i would say that the lowest transfer skill needed would be around GM+ taming 105+lore.

This gives a 20% chance of controlling that pet and is the lowest skill to gain any control chance, however it wont be a simple transfer, you will probably need to keep feeding the pet, make sure the person is well fed blessed and fully healed and you may get the transfer.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the best way to check would be finding an easy to tame pet that needs tame skill and taming it on test centre and trying to transfer it to players at varying skill levels. Then you can kinda do a test run and find out for sure.

I think you'd get a transfer done below the taming skill, but I honestly don't know how far below it you could go. I wonder if it's transferrable at the level where you have 25% control or something. Could be thinking that up from somewhere else though :D

Wenchy

Z

Zodiac19

I was wrong, as long as you have some semblance of control it will xfer.

K

Kazumi the Wild

Since the thread already exists...

Does one need to have high enough taming/lore for control to transfer a pet?

Let's say I transfer my taming from my character with all the pets to the eventual owner character. Can I still transfer ownership of those pets, using the char wtih 0 taming/lore, to someone who can then transfer those pets to my new char?

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need taming to transfer a pet away from a char. It only checks the recipient. I did it a few days ago on a char I forgot had a pet.

K

Kazumi the Wild

What wonderful news!

That makes many things exceedingly easier for me. Thanks!