• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tame Last Target Macro: Enhanced Client

F

Fat Lip

Nevermind, I figured it out! Here is how to do it if anybody needs to know :)

First, you need to target the creature you wish to tame, try using Animal Lore or a skill that has no delay between uses (it matters not if you are far from the creature to set the last target):
1.) Use Skill: Animal Taming
2.) WaitForTarg (Wait for Target)
3.) Cursor Target Last

O

Old Man of UO

Instead of Last Target, I use Current Target so you don't have to use another skill first, just bring up the health bar and click on it. I like to lead-tame most of my critters, so I set it to repeat ten times.

Click on animal to tame, press macro key and you get ten taming attempts.

J

[JD]

I set my targeting to non-legacy (the new way)
Then I drag the Animal Taming icon to my f12 key.
I right click it, select Target, then select "Current"

Now as long as the creature I'm taming is highlighted, I can spam f12 to tame.

If it aggros I press f11 (invis), scroll my mouse wheel down as it is set to "Cursor target self"

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The Enhanced Client, the "Tamer's Best Friend". Maybe that's why so many hate the EC! *the light dawns* :D

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

GOD doesn't like tamers or the EC... It's a horrible thing when GOD hates you... ;)
I don't hate the EC. You hate 2d. Another fact you can't seem to get your head around.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*coughs* no client v client please. We're all entitled to our own choices.

Wenchy

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use current target as well.... but what did I just read about the ability to repeat??! You mean, I don't have to keep tapping the darn key over and over?!

Wow, I deserve a smack upside the head for missing that option!! *runs to investigate*

O

Old Man of UO

I use current target as well.... but what did I just read about the ability to repeat??! You mean, I don't have to keep tapping the darn key over and over?!

Wow, I deserve a smack upside the head for missing that option!! *runs to investigate*
LOL... yes, check the repeat box and repeat it 10 times. And you can refresh it automatically any time without interrupting. If that isn't enough for you, you can do multiple taming attempts with each macro command, then repeat the macro. Once you get the hang of it, lead taming is so much easier with EC.