• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamas Ring [Found it!]

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh joy, I've sold off half my rings and had enough gil to buy a couple HQ staves. I'm not looking forward to Sea so much, because I really don't see any gear I'd care to have from there (though I'll be the first to admit, I haven't looked through it meticulously). But Limbus has been fun and I definitely wanna do more of that!

I've done the Dawn fight a total of 4 times since I've maxed. It's too bad they couldn't have made it a little more difficult. One time was with a gimped 70 WAR (you know who you are :heart:) and another was with a slightly-gimped 68 WHM. The other two we were all 75s. I was WHM for three, and SMN for one.

So my tally.. RoZ complete! CoP complete! Toau 29. WotG 8. Getting there!

T

tanls

Congrats!!!

As a WHM Main, you might not find all that much of interest in Sea. It IS a BLM playground though, and if you ever level melee, there are some great stuff. Fortitude torque and virtue stone equipped weapons, plus others. Limbus is great for other items and converting your AF.

As far as Dawn is concerned, time to go do Storms of Fate, prep for Apoc Nigh and then Bahamut V2. More neat fights.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I want that staff for SMN so believe you me I'm going to try! Then I can ditch all these HQ staves I've been buying (just fire and water to go) and be mega rich. LOL Considering our "static" went from 6 to 18, I think I can find enough friends to sucker into doing them with me, lol

Thanks for comfirming what I thought I was seeing. Sea = meh.. even those obis (obies? obi's?) aren't exciting enough for me to wanna do it. But I'm sure I will anyway, because the shell will be doing it. I can always sell those organs, I guess. lol

T

tanls

Yeah, Obi's not really worth anything for you. About the only thing worth it would be the light obi and even at that, not really. I have been collecting organs whenever the LS kills them and they fall to me, not to sell cause you won't get much for them, but to possibly get a gorget or so. Can also trade them in for virtue stones. I'm still waiting on a Justice sword. Got a couple ppl in the LS that want the sword.

O

Onewing

Congratulations! Although, I have no idea what you're talking about! :)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's one of the rings you can choose as your reward for finishing the Chains of Promathia expansion missions. It's the mage's choice of rings...You can start wearing at level 30 for enmity-3, MP+15, INT+2 and MND+2 and as you grow in level, so does the ring. At 75, it's ENM-3, MP+30, INT+5 and MND+5. That replaces a LOT of rings.

B

Banhammer

So since you're obviously farther along in the storyline than I am, tell me: is CoP 5-3 as annoying as it seems?

O

Onewing

Nice, well double congrats then. The only expansion I have is the Zilart one.

And to further prove my inexperience with the game, what exactly is enmity? Most of the other stats I can figure out, but that one has evaded my understanding.

B

Banhammer

Nice, well double congrats then. The only expansion I have is the Zilart one.

And to further prove my inexperience with the game, what exactly is enmity? Most of the other stats I can figure out, but that one has evaded my understanding.
Remind me why you're in charge again? :mf_prop:

Seriously, though, Enmity basically determines how much the enemy you're fighting hates you. This really only matters in groups, where you want the tank to have high enmity and the healer to have as little as possible.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So since you're obviously farther along in the storyline than I am, tell me: is CoP 5-3 as annoying as it seems?
Not so much annoying as it is time-consuming. There are a lot of time-sink missions coming up, especially once you get access to Sea. I really like the storyline of CoP, sort of an extension of RoZ but more indepth. And garsh durnet, I even cried a couple times. lol

If you're seriously into number crunching, it goes beyond even what Banhammer said. But I don't completely understand how all that works myself. For us simple folk, enmity down gear is a good thing for any mage (not just WHM), but especially for a younger mage. It doesn't matter as much as you grow (for a mage). But -3 more is still nice :) For a Paladin such as yourself, you'd want as much as possible to keep the hate on you. Much of a Thief's job is to "shift the hate" within a party, and that's why many jobs that do a lot of damage (like Samurais) sub THF; so they can help the tank keep hate.

T

tanls

The CS for CoP can be a bit long. Running joke was we do the CS for a fight and do the fight next week when the CS was over. I got the Sattva Ring. It's awesome for PLD with +hp, +vit and +agi. Everything a Paladin needs.

As far as emnity goes.... Every action you do generates hate or emnity. Once you do an action that gets you on the hate list of the mob, any other action will increase that hate. There's actually 2 types of hate and I could go on and on about some of the theories behind it. What you need to know is spike hate and how hate lowers over time. As I said, any action (including eating food) generates hate. Large hate tools or spike hate tools include provoke, flash, and cures. Hate fades over time. Usually at about the same rate that generated the hate. Meaning if all you did was Provoke a Mob and not other actions, that hate would be all gone by the time you were ready to Provoke again. Different actions lose hate at different rates. Usually, if it's spike hate, it goes away quickly, if it's not spike hate it fades slower. Hitting a mob creates a lot of hate and becomes cumulative because the hate doesn't fade as fast by the time you hit it again. You also lose hate when the mob does damage to you.

Emnity is the modifier for hate. Higher emnity allows larger hate spikes and longer hate "cool off" time. Meaning, if you have +emnity, your Provoke will gain more hate and last longer than just a regular provoke. The opposite is also true. If you have - emnity, your cures will spike less hate and fade quicker.

I tried to keep the explaination as simple as possible. Hope this helped. As a new minted PLD, hate is a big concern for you in party situations. The goal is to manage the hate to keep the party going. It doesn't do any good to be able to keep hate to the point you die because now everyone has to wait for you to get a raise and 5 more minutes to lose weakness. Everything is geared towards being efficient and allowing that War to take a couple hits on his shadows to save you some HP and the WHM some mp is part of the job.

O

Onewing

Remind me why you're in charge again?
Sure, no one else wanted to. I'm here to make sure the site doesn't die, not necessarily play the game. ;)

Anyway, great information on enmity! :grouphug:

B

Banhammer

Sure, no one else wanted to. I'm here to make sure the site doesn't die, not necessarily play the game. ;)

Anyway, great information on enmity! :grouphug:
You're apparently also here to take my jokes too seriously.