• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Talismans craftable?

M

mookin1

Is there a craft that can make talismans? If so is there any guides or info on it?

I

imported_Fran Fury

After the last FOF my husband and I started wondering too. Why are the wands and talismans mentioned?

But no..you can't make them.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they just mentioned them since they go through the same calculator when they spawn.

G

<blockquote><hr>

After the last FOF my husband and I started wondering too. Why are the wands and talismans mentioned?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Jeremy confused the loot calculator with the crafting one. It couldn't possibly be the same since luck effects loot.

G

Sure, there is a tradeskill that lets you make library talismans: It's called lumberjacking!

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
General topic ... was "properties created by ..process" ... "Type" of item per specific "groups of" created items .. specifically ... were being "broken out"

"When I'm crafting an item with a runic tool, do all properties have an equal chance of being used??"

Not necessarily - some properties are more common than others, and it depends on the type of item. Here's a general overview of the weighting:

* Shields and wands - all properties have an equal chance to be rolled
* Fishing poles - Spell Channelling is twice as common as everything else; all others are equal
* Jewelry - All properties are equal, with two exceptions: Night Sight is quite rare, and skill bonuses are grouped - see the note below.
* Talismans: Slayer, Crating bonus, crafting exceptional bonus, and creature resists are all weighted equally - all others are substantially more rare.
* Melee weapons - DI is quite common, HLA is uncommon, Hit Area is quite rare - all others are equal
* Missile weapons - Same as melee, except DCI is quite rare as well.
* Armor (non-elf) - Night Sight is uncommon and hp regen and stamina regen are rare; all others are equal
* Elf armor - as above, except night sight isn’t even an option

Property "groups": Certain types of properties are rolled as a group - slayers and creature resists on talismans are rolled for as a property, and then the sub-type is rolled. All the references to them above refer to the chances of these types being rolled as a group - any specific element of the group will of course be much more rare. This also means that you can't get, say, more than ..............

Not so much on HOW the item is created... more about WHAT weight/chances of a certain property BEING on an item ...
For Talismans ... which are "created" as loot drops ...

* Shields and wands - all properties have an equal chance to be rolled &gt;added assumption&lt; whether the shield is crafted by smith, loot drop from mobile/static OR quest reward ...
all properties have an equal chance to be rolled ....

NO mention of changing the creation process for wands and talismans ...Hammers, sewing ..fletching ...carpentry ...stone mason, glass blowing ... trophy deeds from carpenters, raw materials from ...
See?
Whats on it when created ... NOT how to create one ...

I

imported_Fran Fury

Not that I really care..was only stating that we had just been talking about that after the last FOF. Look at the question presented in the FOF...

"When I'm crafting an item with a runic tool, do all properties have an equal chance of being used??"

That is why it is funny to add wands and talis in the answer.

I

Israel Hands

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
General topic ... was "properties created by ..process" ... "Type" of item per specific "groups of" created items .. specifically ... were being "broken out"

Not necessarily - some properties are more common than others, and it depends on the type of item. Here's a general overview of the weighting:

* Shields and wands - all properties have an equal chance to be rolled
* Fishing poles - Spell Channelling is twice as common as everything else; all others are equal
* Jewelry - All properties are equal, with two exceptions: Night Sight is quite rare, and skill bonuses are grouped - see the note below.
* Talismans: Slayer, Crating bonus, crafting exceptional bonus, and creature resists are all weighted equally - all others are substantially more rare.
* Melee weapons - DI is quite common, HLA is uncommon, Hit Area is quite rare - all others are equal
* Missile weapons - Same as melee, except DCI is quite rare as well.
* Armor (non-elf) - Night Sight is uncommon and hp regen and stamina regen are rare; all others are equal
* Elf armor - as above, except night sight isn’t even an option

Property "groups": Certain types of properties are rolled as a group - slayers and creature resists on talismans are rolled for as a property, and then the sub-type is rolled. All the references to them above refer to the chances of these types being rolled as a group - any specific element of the group will of course be much more rare. This also means that you can't get, say, more than ..............

Not so much on HOW the item is created... more about WHAT weight/chances of a certain property BEING on an item ...
For Talismans ... which are "created" as loot drops ...

* Shields and wands - all properties have an equal chance to be rolled &gt;added assumption&lt; whether the shield is crafted by smith, loot drop from mobile/static OR quest reward ...
all properties have an equal chance to be rolled ....

NO mention of changing the creation process for wands and talismans ...Hammers, sewing ..fletching ...carpentry ...stone mason, glass blowing ... trophy deeds from carpenters, raw materials from ...
See?
Whats on it when created ... NOT how to create one ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow dude, do you talk in the mirror all day just to hear yourself speak?

The question was about making them, regardless of the presidential candidate answer given by every bodies favorite dancer.. If they wanted to add in all that other information they should have included a caveat mentiuoning "all items go through this roll, not just craftables". Not everybody is as great as the all seeing, all knowing Pailed Screams.

*rolls eyes and thinks about including a million cute links with clever names*

I already know your next reply so I won't read it:

"Well..... hrmmm...... (generic link here)..... it is clear if you stand sideways..... which is not straight....but can be seen here...(another clever link name).... see (generic emoticon here)..... I like the period button..... now give me some candy.....

F

Fayled Dhreams

*ahem*
You do realize ...
You're "playing the part of the mirror"

Right?

thilly mime

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

Wow dude, do you talk in the mirror all day just to hear yourself speak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you have him on ignore? Everyone else does.

And please, don't quote him. Then I end up reading a few sentences of what he typed before I realize that it's him.