• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Talismans and Inscription: what is the deal ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talismans can come with exceptional and regular bonuses.

Are they both important ? How ?

Is only the exceptional bonus important and the regular can be discarded ?

Bottom line is, what is the deal with Talismans about Inscription ?

Thanks.

G

there both useful i would almost say the regular bonus is more important
in inscription with gm inscription seventh circle spells have a 78.6%
chance at success with no possibility of exceptional, a scrappers is
only a 30% chance of success again with no possibility of exceptional,
spell books use both with 50% success and 5% chance at exceptional,

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me see if I understand this correctly.

Since Scrappers cannot be made exceptional, a Talisman having high exceptional bonus but low regular bonus would actually be worse when making scrappers ?

So, when crafting what would one want a talisman with high exceptional bonus and when one with high regular bonus ?

It is hard to find talismans high in both, usually it is either one or the other that is higher.

It would help knowing what to use when crafting what.

Thanks.

G

Only spellbooks (and runebooks I think) can be crafted with the exp. quality so they are the only ones that will make this check on a talisman bonus.

Everything else will only be crafted as normal so it will use the normal check on a talisman bonus

Hope this clears it up for you

K

KakaJoe

I've only seen exceptional add to the likelihood of 20 slot runebooks -- of course I've had runebooks of exceptional quality with only 14 slots as well :p

I switch out my talismans depending upon whether I'm scribing 8th circle (using highest-for-me 25or26% talisman which still leaves me with an irritating 1% failure rate) or runebooks. I've yet to notice any difference for my spellbooks modifications when they're exceptional or not.

And maybe exceptional quality matters not for runebooks and it's just in my head, but I'm always spitting out 20-slotters with higher exceptional bonus equipped.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

Exceptional also adds your maker's mark. Which is very important for some people and not important at all for others.