• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] Talisman

G

Gelf

well assuming u mean the base and exceptional chance, then a higher base chance would be preferable. i believe the only thing that benefits from the exceptional chance is runebooks

H

HongKongCavalier

I wonder if the base bonus actually works for spell casting purposes.

I have a +30% base/+20% exceptional "My Book" library talisman. When equipped and casting protection, I get the same hit on physical resistance as when it is not equipped. I understand the greater your inscription, the less physical resistance you are supposed to lose.

I have tried equipping the talisman from 0% real skill (elf, no JOAT bonus) to 70% real skill. The talisman did not lessen the impact on physical resistance caused by the protection spell at any time.

That leads me to believe the inscription bonus is either only in effect for crafting purposes, or specifically doesn't apply to the protection spell (by design or by bug).

X

xStrikerx

Talismans only grant crafting bonuses and have no effect on spells. Only the amount of skill points in Inscription affects the Protection, Reactive Armor, and Magic Reflection Spells

Also, inscription bonus is more desirable than exceptional bonus. Spellbooks do not appear to gain anything by being exceptional other than your name and at GM you only have a base 50% chance to craft one.

H

HongKongCavalier

Talismans only grant crafting bonuses and have no effect on spells. Only the amount of skill points in Inscription affects the Protection, Reactive Armor, and Magic Reflection Spells.....
Thank you for confirming that. It seemed that way to me, but I wasn't sure.