• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Tales my Tillerman Told Me

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ever feel like you've been stuck in a rut as far as your "play profile" goes?
Maybe I'm alone in this, but after getting launched and comfortable in UO for a year or two I, personally, found myself totally engulfed in running a newbie player center with its events and working with the group that gathered around that - then reporting came along and BANG... no more time to experiment! I had some never-maxed-out characters that were functional but no time to find perfection and some fun activities that kept me so busy that taking the time to even do daily logins for the characters was just too much. This time back I have promised myself not to get stuck in a rut again and to give some serious attention to trying everything at least once! I hope you all realize that given the depth and breadth of this game this can take a while!
In that vein, I am, for lack of anything more creative to report at the moment, going to give you tales of my bumbling adventures quietly being taken around the world of Sosaria in the dead of night when the people online with me tend not to speak English and sadly I don't speak their language either! My Tillerman, whom I have named Robert, is the man in charge on a large dragon ship named "The Waverunner," which is nicely sized so as not to get scuttled by every passing sea serpent, but small enough to not be too very dramatic or pompous as it sails into ports. Robert has been hinting to me of some very tall tales of places and venues around the world that I have yet to see and emphasizes how very much I seem to have missed over the years by not following the lines of his stories before! So here I go, off to show my ignorance of UO and maybe share some very tall tales that my tillerman tantalizes me with.
While I start my storyline, I would love it if all of you would share with me your own adventures and "Tillerman Tales" that we can all follow up on and explore as well. Feel free to write up your adventures and submit/post them, or simply give me hints as to places and adventures I need to take for my own enlightenment! Thanks for your participation in advance!

-- El of LA

Lady Bleez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My tillerman has had some pretty wild tales as well. Just last night he was telling me about a wench he met in Nu'Jelm who wanted to race him across Brittani Bay. Where is this bay?? And can we really race across it? We used to love the boat races before they made the boats all huge and took all the fun out of killing the other racers...