• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tales from th' Cat's Lair, courtesy of Wispwood Shire

• Thread starter Angharad Longbow
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Angharad Longbow

As was the subject of much excited debate, Wispwood traveled to the Cat's Lair Tavern in West Britain last night, in an attempt to introduce some culture to th' denizens of that faded town. It differed a bit from events of yore, but was interesting to all - to adjudge from the comments of the serving staff and those whom had travelled hence to attend.
<blockquote><hr>

Apparently out of his element within the confines of a bustling, crowded city tavern surrounded by hard, cobblestoned streets, Lindi the Savage nonetheless stood fiercely proud with a still, calm courage that radiated from the corner where he awaited the commencement of the eve's Storytelling. When the call was made for tale tellers to come to the fore, he finally stirred from his post, and gave a preamble: I tell story if wish. *coughs* Voice sing song not so good now. Older. *slaps hard abs* Softer. *chuckles* Story from long ago. No write. Hear when young. Many moons past. I tell of Mother and Father. How meet, how court. I tell story of I.

Many moon ago savage wander all lands. War with orc. Who recall? Father of I Ugarit. Ugarit leave Mud People. Leave home go far, past Trinsic. Wander into distant land. Meet there gypsies. Ugarit strong hunter. Seek great prey. He hear of other hunter also seek great prey. Ninevah called by gypsy. Swear take prey first.

Seek he west, to peak of great mountain. There see ancient wyrm Alexandretta! Also see other hunter. Strong savage hunter. When strike Dragon, with whirl she parry. When breath she dodge. But Dragon stronger still. With blow, send her fly. Strike mountain walls. Fallen, Ugarit see how strong she. He leap between she and Alexandretta. He watch her bind wounds, helps he. But too slow he when strikes Dragon. *looks down.* Father say "Fall I that day." I not know believe. *recalls a huge warrior* When wake he far from Dragon. Ninevah carry from battle. Heal, then leave. She go seek dragon once more.

Ugarit then seek for her. Seek upon lands near, seek tracks. Find savage village behind walls. Like city. Speak there, ask for Ninevah. For week he come. Always seek her. Bring gift. Fine deer. Good leathers. Heart of strong enemy to eat. Much good. Very strong magic heart of brave enemy. In end he come speak heart to village chief.
He offer fine price for Ninevah.
Offer whole hand of horses.
Village elder refuse. Say worth far more than so.
Father offer more. Elder refuse again.
Third time Ugarit make offer.
Offer bring three dragons for village. Once again, elder refuse!
*pounds fist against his chest.*
Father swear oath! Ugarit swear come TAKE Ninevah as bride! *grins fiercely*

For whole week Ugarit try sneak into village. But guards atop walls. Guards around walls. One day change paint get into Ninevah house. But meet Aunt Evocah instead! Say he three days healing from spear thrust. *laughs loudly* Then on last day bring friend. Other young brave from home. Spear to spear they fight village. Until father come to Ninevah house. There he sneak in, while friend retreat. Speak secret words he then. To Ninevah speak how she strong. Speak he her skill. Speak of great courage. Speak secret words of man and woman. Ninevah heart move that night. Together they mount and flee village. Together found new savage camp to north. Beyond castle. There live until die. Story end. *pounds chest*

(the Savage's Saga went on to garner the most votes, and thus the prize for the eve)

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

Twas quite a difficult act to follow, but nonetheless yours truly submitted two poems for the audience's pleasure: "Pegasus" and "The Scotsman"

Pegasus

Where is the man who will mount the wind?
Where is the man who will fly
From here to the stars in a heartbeat,
Past the pillars that hold up the sky?

For there is a steed of havenly breed
Who longs for the touch of a man.
What you never dared do in your dreams
On the white one, the wild one, you can.

As Pegasus rests upon lightning bolt
He spurns the stars beneath.
At sunset he tramples the day to death
Then rears on the blasted heath.

And yet, he treads on the spider webs
And never bruises a flower
Who circles around the virgin moon
In half of a half an hour.

The milky way is his drinking pool,
His stable the cave of night,
The whole bright sky his grazing
When he puts the stars to flight.

So where is the man who will mount him
And never look back with a sigh?
Where is the man who will joyously ride
When he knows that to fear is to die?

His master must be a man soul-free
Who calls "faster" at every breath
And knowing his mount is immortal,
Rides with a laugh to his death.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Scotsman - (This piece was dedicated to th' missing McAndrews)

Well a Scotsman clad in kilt left a bar one evening fair
And one could tell by how he walked that he'd drunk more than his share
He fumbled 'round till he could no longer keep his feet
And he stumbled off into th' grass, to sleep beside the street.

About that time two young and lovely girls just happened by
And one says to the other wi' a twinkle in her eye,
"See yon sleeping Scotsman, so strong and handsome built?
I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath the kilt!"

They crept up on that sleeping Scotsman as quiet as could be
And lifted up his kilt about an inch so that they could see -
And there beheld for them to view, beneath his Scottish skirt
Twas nothing more than gods had graced him wi' upon his birth.

They marveled for a moment then one said, "We must be gone;
Let us leave a present for our friend, before we move along"
As a gift they left a blue silk ribbon tied into a bow,
Around the bonny star that Scot's kilt did lift to show.

Now the Scotsman woke to Nature's call and stumbled t'wards a tree
Behind the bush he lifts his kilt - and gawks at what he sees
And in a startled voice he says to what's before his eyes:
"Oh lad I don't know where ye've been, but I see ye won first prize!"

<blockquote><hr>

Crystal Rose had two offerings for those gathered; a reprise of "A Lawyer's Delight" (thus dubbed by the Estimable Hoffs) and the following ballad:

UPON A WEDDING, by Sir John Suckling

I TELL thee, ****, where I have been ;
Where I the rarest things have seen,
O, things without compare !
Such sights again cannot be found
In any place on English ground,
Be it at wake or fair.

At Charing Cross, hard by the way
Where we (thou know'st) do sell our hay,
There is a house with stairs
And there did I see coming down
Such folks as are not in our town,
Vorty at least, in pairs.

Amongst the rest, one pest'lent fine
(His beard no bigger though than thine)
Walkt on before the rest
Our landlord looks like nothing to him
The King (God bless him !) 'twould undo him,
Should he go still so drest.

At Course-a-Park, without all doubt,
He should have first been taken out
By all the maids i' th' town
Though lusty Roger there had been,
Or little George upon the Green,
Or Vincent of the Crown.

But wot you what ? the youth was going
To make an end of all his wooing ;
The parson for him staid
Yet by his leave (for all his haste)
He did not so much wish all past
(Perchance) as did the maid.

The maidand thereby hangs a tale
For such a maid no Whitson-ale
Could ever yet produce
No grape, that's kindly ripe, could be
So round, so plump, so soft as she,
Nor half so full of juice

Her finger was so small, the ring
Would not stay on, which they did bring
It was too wide a peck
And to say truth (for out it must)
It lookt like a great collar (just)
About our young colt's neck.

Her feet beneath her petticoat,
Like little mice, stole in and out,
As if they fear'd the light
But O, she dances such a way !
No sun upon an Easter-day
Is half so fine a sight.

He would have kist her once or twice
But she would not, she was so nice,
She would not do 't in sight
And then she lookt as who should say,
I will do what I list to-day,
And you shall do 't at night.'

Her cheeks so rare a white was on,
No daisy makes comparison
(Who sees them is undone)
For streaks of red were mingled there,
Such as are on a Katherne pear
(The side that's next the sun).

Her lips were red ; and one was thin
Compar'd to that was next her chin
(Some bee had stung it newly)
But, ****, her eyes so guard her face,
I durst no more upon them gaze
Than on the sun in July.

Her mouth so small, when she does speak,
Thou 'dst swear her teeth her words did break,
That they might passage get
But she so handled still the matter,
They came as good as ours, or better,
And are not spent a whit.

If wishing should be any sin,
The parson himself had guilty been
(She lookt that day so purely)
And, did the youth so oft the feat
At night, as some did in conceit,
It would have spoil'd him surely.

Just in the nick the cook knockt thrice,
And all the...will be continued next Tuesday

[/ QUOTE ]

A

Angharad Longbow

*curses the removal of much laborious formatting wi' the posting of th' above*

Bah!

A

absimiliard

*A painted savage on an old ridgeback rides in and pauses for a moment before speaking*

Think I night good. Much enjoy story. Even if no like city glad go.

Think on location much past day. Think perhaps city good choice. Though dangerous for red-skin made for good fights. Savage warrior enjoy fight while help guards. Elder enjoy stories. Priestess enjoy both.

Hear no guards in past, when at house in Shire. Think maybe danger make night better. If no danger no need guard. No guard, less fun for some. Think perhaps danger from assassin like WyRm and Krystal good. Night exciting, danger add spice.

Perhaps in future some nights planned for place of danger? Maybe choose tavern no guardzone, or not ban raiders from house in shire? Think perhaps if need guard more people come, enjoy. Think also bring more raiders. May be good fun all.

Admit, no come story night before now. So may be I words bad words. But, think not so I. Think may be I words good.

*Having said his piece Lindi rides quickly off seeking orc-trace*

G

Ginsu-SP

Was a really fun night all around.

However, I don't think CWS should change their rules at the Shire. There were
a few of us that didn't read in order to defend. Three readers with such a large
turnout is not good.

I think having one like this one every once in a while will add that spice you
spoke of. Maybe any "away" nights can be the type that require defenders.
Some of both are good. I noticed that a few of those who came out to defend
were very interested in the stories. So it's a good way to bring people together
who may think their playstyles differ too much to interact... so they can see
that there are a lot of ways to have fun on Siege.

And congratulations Lindi... you are a brave warrior, and storyteller.

Cheers!

G

Shire Story Night ..on the road first visited Wintermoor. There are no guards in far flung yon Wintermoor upon Siege. Wintermoor is far far away from guards and city buildings, which the Knights prefer the farther away from Luna the better, and Wintermoor is about as far from a city and gz as ye can get.

WyRm told a happy lil diddy tale of umm happy flowers and singing birds and sunrises, whense all VMP were yet inside telling their stories. Now we knew the chances were very good that there would be activity of some sort, but we let them all inside anyhow and just waited for their *grand finale* of their vampiric story telling tales, which of course has the usual predictable.. end result !
I ended up with a concussion as me pet golem of tonage of metal died and landed on my head and body..which of course a huge pet golem corpse on me, hid my corpse from any lootings !
I had to KILL my parrots next door because for half a week they mimaced vmp shouting 'for the glory of the damned' and well I can not permit KSS birdies to speak that way so I had to AXE em to death for a while.

Another Shire story night on the road was taken to fel side Sonoma by Yew Cemetary..which in the end turned out rather convenient for us to just cross the street to bury ourselves after the chaps that killed us, on Sonoma Felucca, for the grand finale there.

I personally look forward to the Shire story nights on the road whense it goes to one of the oldest player run towns of any shards anywhere blessed by Lord British himself back in 98 Pax Lair Fel side Chesapeake ....muhahahha Not sure yet if I will attend as royalty or as one of me blues or reds that evening. HAHAHAHA

At any rate Shire story nights on the road are offering diversity of locations most of which have been very far removed from guards and city lines.
Keep up the good work Shire.
Sorry I missed this week...irritating thing called rl prevented my attendance this week.

A

absimiliard

<blockquote><hr>

There were
a few of us that didn't read in order to defend. Three readers with such a large
turnout is not good.
. . . . Maybe any "away" nights can be the type that require defenders.
Some of both are good. I noticed that a few of those who came out to defend
were very interested in the stories.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make good point. No think of this I.

*Rides off to ponder these words.*

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe any "away" nights can be the type that require defenders.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how it was in the past.. Defenders from various guilds would pour out of the Golden Unicorn doors to fight off any raiders. Same went for the Community Night's in Wintermoor. Recently it seems like only one or two come out to face any aggressors during the event, the rest just cue up "I ban thee". Meh.. at least there's a "thee" in it so it can be written off as "roleplaying'.

I was checking out potential locations for such events yesterday. It occured to me that we have an Invasion going on.. why not "support the troops" so to speak by holding Story Night in a Vesper Inn? No guard zone, spawn and a great place for those who are fighting on the front lines to take a breather and enjoy some tales and songs.

Hanse's Hostel is still my first choice however. Stable, Insta-log, and a very, very long way from the guard zone. Plenty of country side for battles to take place as well. Buc's den would be ideal if it weren't for the spider web of server lines.

G

Ginsu-SP

I have never known the Shire's rules to be anything other than "no aggressing"
in town. Nor have I ever seen the person running the show in the Shire to say
anything except "ignore them" when raiders came.

Someone from CWS correct me if I'm wrong. Has the "no aggressing" rule gone
by the wayside?

Cheers!

B

Bellzibob

rtlfc

I am definitely going to have attend the next one of these events.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Someone from CWS correct me if I'm wrong. Has the "no aggressing" rule gone by the wayside?

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstood me. I didn't say the rules had changed. I meant the enforcement of those rules has changed.

I guess what I am getting at is that the whole spirit of these events has changed. In the past, raiding was encouraged.. and fights outside were as active as the story telling, dueling, etc. going on inside the event establishment.

Seems that recently, the guests and hosts are being protected by game mechanics instead of defenders. I don't know if this is necessary due to the lack of "defenders" available during these events or the lack of interest in "defending" their rules/town. *shrugs* Either one is pretty sobering.

A

Angharad Longbow

<blockquote><hr>

It occured to me that we have an Invasion going on.. why not "support the troops" so to speak by holding Story Night in a Vesper Inn? No guard zone, spawn and a great place for those who are fighting on the front lines to take a breather and enjoy some tales and songs.

[/ QUOTE ]
*laughs aloud*

Prithee sir, would not hosting Storytelling within th' foul bowels of a dungeon be e'en more effective?

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Prithee sir, would not hosting Storytelling within th' foul bowels of a dungeon be e'en more effective?

[/ QUOTE ]

*shrugs* Was just an idea and not my favorite.. but an idea none the less.

A

Angharad Longbow

You are correct, sire.

Naught has altered there in the past two years or more, to my eye.

A

absimiliard

<blockquote><hr>

Prithee sir, would not hosting Storyelling within th' foul bowels of a dungeon be e'en more effective?

[/ QUOTE ]

*laughs easily and longly at these words*

My dear lady, as it happens I have great experience in this. Many years ago, before I came to my home, I lived in a far away shard called Atlantic. There I used to run a tavern, no big shock. Now I was no cook, nor brewer, nor creator of anything in truth. But I did have an amiable personality and the desire to have some fun.

Given my strengths and weaknesses I chose to have my tavern be a traveling one. Thus was Lindisfarne's Traveling Tavern created in concept. It took some time and effort for me to acquire a suitable stock of food and drink, not to mention a stock of chairs, tables, games, and other necessities for all taverns.

Finally the day came that I could begin running my tavern. I went out and chose several locations I could visit. I would gate in, set up my furniture, and a bar, set out food, lighting, and then wait for the visitors to appear. I didn't make much selling the food and drink, in fact I offered them for free, but I did some very nice tips including some fine items I then distributed to any new players I could find.

Now you may well think to yourself, "What a fool! How could he expect to get visitors to a traveling tavern?" In answer I can only say that I chose highly frequented locations. The Ogre Lords Isle in Despise was very popular. Many tamers drank my ale and ate my roasts and stews when I visited Destard and set up there. My favorite location was Covetous though, I places tables over the fire-traps and served BBQ to my customers over a romantic fire-light environment!

I've not chosen to ressurect the Traveling Tavern here as I have not the skills to defend such a place when the vampires come calling. If Storynight is interested in an exotic location for a future traveling night I'd be happy to offer my services and agree to set up L.T.T. in Covetous some Tuesday night. We would require the services of several skilled guards however, and even so I would strongly encourage people to bring nothing they wouldn't mind losing if our guards get overwhelmed.

Lindisfarne the Sig-Less Wonder
"I wonder how dangerous setting up the Tavern would be here on Siege?"
"ooOooOOOooOOoOoooOOoOOoo"

G

Ginsu-SP

A campfire type story night hosted by the savage tribes might be a fun idea.

Cheers!

A

absimiliard

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

True, quite true. However I fear that as with many people you have confused me with my brother. The differences should be fairly obvious once I've pointed them out.

My brother is a bald, taciturn, vicious cannibal who thinks that smearing mud on his mostly naked body is the height of fashion and that not eating your heart is the height of manners! *chuckles wryly*

I on the other hand am dashing, debonair, slightly flirtatious with the ladies, and sport a well groomed goatee and wouldn't be caught outside my house without a recent trim for my hair. I prefer fine silks and leathers, always in my favorite red, for my clothes. Lastly, I prefer to sleep in a good bed, eat fine foods, and I drink only the finest cognacs and champagnes unlike that cidery swill my brother likes. *bows with an elaborate flourish*

Oh, and I'm chatty too! *laughs lightly*

"I wonder how anyone could mistake me for my brother?"
"Must be the pigeon I send to carry my posts here, I bet he uses the same one! Damn savage."

[Feeling schizo yet Ginsu? I know I am! -abs]

G

Grot

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Someone from CWS correct me if I'm wrong. Has the "no aggressing" rule gone by the wayside?

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstood me. I didn't say the rules had changed. I meant the enforcement of those rules has changed.

I guess what I am getting at is that the whole spirit of these events has changed. In the past, raiding was encouraged.. and fights outside were as active as the story telling, dueling, etc. going on inside the event establishment.

Seems that recently, the guests and hosts are being protected by game mechanics instead of defenders. I don't know if this is necessary due to the lack of "defenders" available during these events or the lack of interest in "defending" their rules/town. *shrugs* Either one is pretty sobering.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the enforcement has changed. IMO, thats primarily because of the current 'class' of the raiders.

In the past, raids to story nights were infrequent, and usually short. For the most part, even the 'evil' guilds would set aside their hostilities and show some class in coming to the event and participating in the spirit of the event...by telling stories, not by using it as an excuse to get into the tavern to kill people. That isn't the case these days. Most of those who raid seem to feel that they need to stick around and try to ruin the event, making it impossible for stories to be told. Things are the way they are now, because people come to listen to the stories first and foremost, not to fight to the point that no stories can be told or heard. The stories can spread out to 2 hours some nights...with constant fights, that'd be 3 or 4 hours, along with the probability that we'd never finish.

Fight night is slightly less strict. Though we'd prefer people come and actually participate in the duels, we're also prepared to defend. The pit is open in the hopes that people who may be enemies might just set aside that and duel some.

The difference between the two...story tellers are less likely to be PVPers than duelers, less likely equipped to do so, and generally trying to concentrate on the stories being told, not watching for an attack.

Could things change? Sure. You're VMP last I recall, talk your guildmates into coming to tell stories and leaving w/out a fight when they're done. Talk them into making a quick raid and leaving so things can continue.... Convince Waka and others who like to raid of the same thing.

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

True, quite true. However I fear that as with many people you have confused me with my brother. The differences should be fairly obvious once I've pointed them out.

My brother is a bald, taciturn, vicious cannibal who thinks that smearing mud on his mostly naked body is the height of fashion and that not eating your heart is the height of manners! *chuckles wryly*

I on the other hand am dashing, debonair, slightly flirtatious with the ladies, and sport a well groomed goatee and wouldn't be caught outside my house without a recent trim for my hair. I prefer fine silks and leathers, always in my favorite red, for my clothes. Lastly, I prefer to sleep in a good bed, eat fine foods, and I drink only the finest cognacs and champagnes unlike that cidery swill my brother likes. *bows with an elaborate flourish*

Oh, and I'm chatty too! *laughs lightly*

"I wonder how anyone could mistake me for my brother?"
"Must be the pigeon I send to carry my posts here, I bet he uses the same one! Damn savage."

[Feeling schizo yet Ginsu? I know I am! -abs]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha! I think I follow!

Well maybe you can pass the idea along to him.

And if I can help you with furniture and supplies for the traveling tavern let me
know.

Cheers!

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Could things change? Sure. You're VMP last I recall, talk your guildmates into coming to tell stories and leaving w/out a fight when they're done. Talk them into making a quick raid and leaving so things can continue.... Convince Waka and others who like to raid of the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? You're joking right? I'm not being sarcastic. I'm asking seriously. You're joking right?

G

Grot

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? You're joking right? I'm not being sarcastic. I'm asking seriously. You're joking right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not. You stated what you think is a problem, I pointed out the solution. It just so happens that you're in one of the guilds that has created the problem, therefore you are in one of the best places to make a fix. Our rules haven't changed, just the method of enforcement and the frequency we're required to do so.

Let me show you a picture of what has happened in the past...

If the people in this picture can get along, I'd think anyone could....yet I've been proven wrong lately.

And this is a small sample. I can recall nights in the Shire when there were over 30 people crowded around a dueling pit made of barrels. All of different guilds, many dire enemies.

When you think about it, what do you have to lose by participating in an event vice griefing it. On Siege, we fight each other in many locations almost nightly. What's it hurt to either 1) try something new or 2) ignore it and fight elsewhere?

G

The Story Night rules have not really changed. Generally, I dislike fighting in and around the tavern during the events as I cannot concentrate on the stories. It is also very unfair for someone who may have spent a considerable amount of time composing a tale to be interupted in this way. And, as Grot says, those that raid will want nothing less than to kill everyone in the building and then wait around to pick off those who try to res. Story Night is primarily a social occasion, and is a good opportunity for newcomers to come and meet some established players on the shard.

However, we have recently decided to broaden the scope of the event by moving out to different locations. The second Tuesday of the month is now a road trip around Siege, as yesterday, and the fourth Tuesday is a trip to another shard. For the Siege trip, I would like to try all sorts of locations, hence the Britain trip. Next month will probably be Buc's Den. At these events, raiding is expected.

Also, as advance notice, I plan on trialing Story Night on Euro time next month, most likely the third week. Not only will it open things up to a different audience, but I dearly hope it will allow the land's most prolific bard to attend once more.

Running events is not at all easy, which is why you see so few of them, and the complication of raids makes it all the more difficult. If you try and lock them behind closed doors, you will see the usual outcry of 'Trammies' from certain quarters. But, if you hold them in the open you run the risk of the event being totally ruined. You have to try and balance the needs of those attending the event for the event activity, and those attending to fight/raid.

At Fight Night, when the balance was right - when the raid was defeated or the raiders chose not to 'stick around' and cause chaos, it worked very well. But on several occasions the event was spoiled and many of the duelists simply left and presumably many were discouraged from returning again. This, in turn, detracts from the event.

Finally, part of me wishes there was a little area of Trammel on the shard. I have one event (Miss Siege 2006) that has been on the backburner for some time now, but I simply don't know where to hold it. It needs a reasonable space and my choice would be Moonglow or Vesper. But then we have the 'what about the reds?' cries. However, it is the sort of event that would be utterly ruined by any fighting and if it were to be held outside the guardzone, that would surely arise.

If there was some restraint shown by all sides, an understanding of how far to take things, life would be so much easier. However, as in real life, it only takes a tiny minority - or even one person - to screw things up for everyone. *shrugs*

G

Ginsu-SP

Hoffs,

You do a great job running events. And I think moving the story nights around is
a very fun idea. Different formats require different strategies to make the event
come off well... and that makes it fun too.

As far as a Miss Siege 2006 contest goes... I think you just have to put it in the
safest place possible... and power through it. Let people defend that want to.
Tell any "red" participants to bring a backup version of their outfit in case they
are killed and looted.

As far as the cries of "trammie" go. Who cares?! I don't care what you do on
Siege... there will be somebody that thinks it's "trammie". Just put together the
most workable plan possible... and if we all end up dead... hey! it's a tradition!
It's not the end of the world. Anyone who comes to an event, who is not
planning to defend it should not bring anything they don't want to lose. Because
to really enjoy the event as a spectator or participant... you have to let your
guard down.

Just bring the events... and if it's in a setting where an attack can be made...
we have those who enjoy defending. Just let the chips fall where they may.

Cheers!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Shire Story Night ..on the road first visited Wintermoor. There are no guards in far flung yon Wintermoor upon Siege. Wintermoor is far far away from guards and city buildings, which the Knights prefer the farther away from Luna the better, and Wintermoor is about as far from a city and gz as ye can get.

WyRm told a happy lil diddy tale of umm happy flowers and singing birds and sunrises, whense all VMP were yet inside telling their stories. Now we knew the chances were very good that there would be activity of some sort, but we let them all inside anyhow and just waited for their *grand finale* of their vampiric story telling tales, which of course has the usual predictable.. end result !
I ended up with a concussion as me pet golem of tonage of metal died and landed on my head and body..which of course a huge pet golem corpse on me, hid my corpse from any lootings !
I had to KILL my parrots next door because for half a week they mimaced vmp shouting 'for the glory of the damned' and well I can not permit KSS birdies to speak that way so I had to AXE em to death for a while.

Another Shire story night on the road was taken to fel side Sonoma by Yew Cemetary..which in the end turned out rather convenient for us to just cross the street to bury ourselves after the chaps that killed us, on Sonoma Felucca, for the grand finale there.

I personally look forward to the Shire story nights on the road whense it goes to one of the oldest player run towns of any shards anywhere blessed by Lord British himself back in 98 Pax Lair Fel side Chesapeake ....muhahahha Not sure yet if I will attend as royalty or as one of me blues or reds that evening. HAHAHAHA

At any rate Shire story nights on the road are offering diversity of locations most of which have been very far removed from guards and city lines.
Keep up the good work Shire.
Sorry I missed this week...irritating thing called rl prevented my attendance this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look!! Otto is crim!!

eeleye

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one thing raiders might want to try is coming towards end of story night.
if story's are told and prize awarded, then there might be some who come out to fight. in the old days, the tavern was smaller and we didn't really have much choice but to fight or die. that has changed and we now have a choice to ignore raiders (as much as possible), or to come out and fight. in general, we choose to not let a raid interrupt the event. there are exceptions and we can't prevent anyone from going out to fight. some of us actually appreciate a good fight and miss the old days when there was a healthy dose of pvp to be had in the shire.

M

Mandolin

Is 5pm good for you?

Perhaps we could work something in around 7 if that's too early. Raids are soooo dull when there's no one there to expect them you know.

*tips pinky in the air while sipping on his tea*

eeleye

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
story night starts regularly at 7pm pacific time on tuesdays.
raiders coming earlier than 8pm, shouldn't expect a fight.

I

imported_Krystal

Look all the stories we gave yas to tell and screen shots to show! come on a raid is fun!! If sp was peaceful everyone would quit from boredom!

eeleye

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, raids are fun. except during the one hour a week when we are telling the stories. raids interrupt that, so we tend to ignore raiders during that time. come to tell or listen to some stories or wait until we are done, then raid...
or
raid a fight night when we have folks on who are actually expecting a fight.