• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taking Raghara

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The Bloodline of DragonStone belongs to my family, even the little Mistress who rebuilt this family and community here in Ter Mur is my family. Still no word from her, yet people have reported they have seen her, possibly only rumors but each time I run to see. Today I will close up her house and take Raghara the Owl with me. He misses her and he has flown this land of Ter Mur and I am certain if she was in Ter Mur he would have found her, so boarding up the house and taking him to the fortress is whats best for now, he needs cared for and perhaps being on Dagur Island where this all began with Daenyra will bring some light to the owl. Perhaps he will find her and lead us to her. Standing in the doorway, of what started as the consulate for this land, now her home, sadness over whelms me, if I had just told her when I found out maybe it would have been easier for her to accept.

Arriving at the fortress I can hear the soft coo from under the blanket covering his cage, pulling the cloth from the cage Raghara, lets out a long waited hoot. He seems to have perked up and he knows we have changed environments and climates, ruffling his feathers he continues the hoot as it echos down the halls of the Fortress. Deciding the war room with the giant windows that open looking out over the sea is the perfect place for him. Once I feel he has his bearings on where we are I will release him for a flight over the island, and maybe he will bring back something to lead us to her.

~Jaden Rain

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Many days have past since Raghara was brought to Dagar Island his restlessness has him constantly bobbing his head as he watches out the window, being on an island will more then likely contain him to the island once he is given flight, at least for a little while. Knowing the savage girl feeds him the mice from the fields, it is unknown how she bears to even touch them to give them to him. As the small creature dangles from its tail I hover the mouse by the tail over the head of Raghara, quickly snatching it mid air I no longer have to touch the thing. A slow blink almost as if closing my eyes I try to put the image out of my mind. He seems to calm slightly but he still shifts from foot to foot. He hasnt been happy since she disappeared,and she knows I will make sure he is cared for. This could extend her absence. Opening the big window looking out over the sea, the brisk air bites at my nose, turning around to see Raghara , I can tell he thinks its his chance for flight. Sadly I must let the bird have some freedom, tethered to a perch isn't how I would want to live my life, and its certainly not right to harbor him up inside when i know he wants to search for her. Speaking to him as if he could understand me " I know you want to fly, I also know you miss her very much, so do I. Please find her, bring me back some sign shes out there but please come back" , undoing the bindings securing him to the perch he looks at me as if smiling and with a soft coo takes flight out the window. Watching his flight a short distance going out over the sea , I watch as he circles back and flys over the mountain range. Slighting sighing my worry begins, pacing the floor the next hours trying to busy myself cleaning out chests in the armory hall, packing the useless items out the front doors I begin a pile, a pile soon to be a bon fire. How in the world could we hoard so much junk. I have to stay busy or I will completely lose my mind, not only has she just disappeared because we kept her life a secret but now I may have lost one of her best friends, Raghara. Drogon has been missing since shortly after her disappearance and Raghara was the last living creature of hers left in our care. Wiping the sweat from my brow from dragging a huge pile of old armor and just plain junk to the pile out front I stand there just staring at the mound, almost as tall as myself by this time. Not even going for matches inside the castle, with the anger I have built up and a wave of my hand and the words "Vas Flam" the spark ignites the mound. Mesmerized by the flame it seems to clam me, as if telling me all will turn out ok. Perhaps I will become a pyro before this all ends. deciding to go for more to keep the flames high I hear him as he circles over and lands just short of the front doors. Running to the bird with an out-stretched arm he hops onto my arm. Nothing, he has brought nothing. Yet he has come back which means he hasn't found her.

More days go by just as the last, with Raghara always returning with no clues of where she could be. One thing I must say however, is the mouse population is almost gone. Holding the mouse over his head by the tip of its tail I shut my eyes this time as Raghara again snatches it from my hand. Shaking my head in disgust as many times as i have fed the dragons I am still not sure why feeding these disgusting little rodents to this bird grosses me out. I tell myself today, " This will be the last time I will have hope that she is out there on this island". Knowing she would probably go to confront Neira I realize if she is in that dungeon Raghara will not more then likely find her. No coo from the bird today and I believe even his hope is fading. As I close my eyes as if saying a prayer , I blink open my eyes and open the window, at this point I have no longer tethered Raghara to the perch any more. He hesitates looking at me, " Try one more time little guy maybe this time you will find her". Raghara hops from his perch to the window sill, turning to look at me before his flight, then off he flys. A single tears rolls down my cheek, and knowing there is no more to burn outside I stand watching out the window, the air is chilly but I can not make myself shut the window, what if he returns. Slowly walking into the living quarters I find a soft chair and drag it and a blanket back into the map room, which by now I no longer call the war room, it's Raghara's room. wrapped in the blanket sitting in the plush chair I just stare out the window, as the cook comes stumbling into the room she has brought lunch " just set it on the table, I am not hungry right now" I motion to the table and remain huddled in my chair. The sun is on the horizon and still no Raghara, I wonder if he is ok, hopefully nothing has happened to him, then again maybe he has found her. As Darkness falls its hard to keep my eyes open, blinking I just pray he finds her, as I my eyes barely blink. and my mind tells me, "Maybe he has found her"....then comes sleep