• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Takes Over 1 Hour to Download Client?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am installing the Enhanced Client and it seems to be taking forever. I started patching at 8:25 and it is currently 9:31. With my connection I can download a 20-25GB game in about 1 hour from websites or Steam. It says I've downloaded 2.23GB so far.

Is this the case for everybody? I used a stopwatch and it appears I'm downloading 1MB every 18 seconds currently.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just downloaded it at my shop the other day and it was a way faster download than any set of blueprints I've ever done mb for mb. Only have 6mb down at the shop.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For reference most blueprint sets are between 200-550mb. The dl was 2ish gb.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just downloaded it at my shop the other day and it was a way faster download than any set of blueprints I've ever done mb for mb. Only have 6mb down at the shop.
But how long did it take you to download the client?

If I can download up to about 5MB per second, I should be able to download the whole ~2.3GB client in less than 8 minutes. Instead it took me about 1 hour 15 minutes.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Their download is slow. I download at 5-6m/sec and the download took nearly an hour for me as well.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Took me about an hour @JC the Builder I didn't really keep track, but I know I did recall being like, "Man, this thing is zooming" Again, compared to other things I DL at work.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it is going to take about the same amount of time for everyone since the download speed is throttled at the server end. People with fast connections are not benefitting from them.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Running the patcher using wine on Linux is even more painful. I've had patches take up to 4 hours. A reinstall from scratch can take over a day to finish patching.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It uninstalls a lot faster than that tho...so it averages out :hahaha: