• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tailoring Formula for MODS

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering what is the formula for creating really great pieces of armor? Is it all based purely on tailoring skill or does Int./Dex. or other skills come into play?

Thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's purely the random number generator - not even skill plays a factor, other than determining whether the piece is Exceptional and gets the additional resists.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't want to assume you know what Runic Sewing kits are, so I thought I better say you need a Runic Sewing kit to craft items with magical properties on them. If you don't know what Runic Sewing Kits are, read the Tailoring FAQ's.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the clarity peeps. I now understand I should only use a runic kit (I do know what they are thanks) on pieces of armor I have 100% chance of crafting with exceptional quality. Unless I feel like taking a chance

Having a blast with tailoring... thanks again!