• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Tailoring BODs

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a simple way to tell which BODs are worth collecting? The various places I used to check are all out of date, and I don't see anything obvious in the stickies.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't there a change to how BODs worked sometime between 2005 and now?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, and it's been reported here in multiple threads - especially up in the Data Chest area.

Last year, they added a "fudge factor"/bonus to BOD rewards that we still haven't got an official word as to how it works.

The tables for BODs are unchanged. What has changed is that now a random bonus can be added to the point value of BODs on turn-in, to where the table values are now just the MINIMUM BOD you can get.

This kicks in at the either the 115 PS BOD level for Tailors, as well as the Gold Hammer BOD level for Smiths (though some have reported it happening to 120 Smith PS BODs, yet it doesn't happen to the Bronze hammer BODs between them and Gold Hammers).

This means there's a chance now for a Horned Kit BOD to give a 120 PS (yuck) or a Barbed kit, and a 120 PS Tailor BOD to give a barbed kit.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, ok. Thanks.

I thought they threw out the whole system and redid the rewards, didn't realize it was more or less equivalent.