• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Tailoring and Dexterity

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does dexterity and intelligence have an effect on tailoring?? While looking under the chart for stat gains, I see that Dex is listed as primary stat and intel listed as secondary stat for tailoring...

Do these refer only to what stat you may gain while tailoring or will they actually make a difference in the outcome of the pieces you actually tailor.

I've looked and searched and nowhere do I see dex or intel mentioned for the tailoring skill or outcome. Are there recommended stat settings for best results? I have always just kept strength maxed, dex high and intel lagging with whatever stat points were left over, as my tailor also has blacksmithy and mining.

Would there be any benefit to using a stat scroll, other than for the purpose of adding more strength for more carrying capacity?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does dexterity and intelligence have an effect on tailoring?? While looking under the chart for stat gains, I see that Dex is listed as primary stat and intel listed as secondary stat for tailoring...

Do these refer only to what stat you may gain while tailoring or will they actually make a difference in the outcome of the pieces you actually tailor.

I've looked and searched and nowhere do I see dex or intel mentioned for the tailoring skill or outcome. Are there recommended stat settings for best results? I have always just kept strength maxed, dex high and intel lagging with whatever stat points were left over, as my tailor also has blacksmithy and mining.

Would there be any benefit to using a stat scroll, other than for the purpose of adding more strength for more carrying capacity?
Tailoring will allow you to gain in DEX and INT. I'm guessing you are looking at this chart: Stat and Skill Management. If so, it lists the stats that can be gained from using that skill. Stats do not effect the outcome of any skill.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That chart just shows that you will need to work multiple skills to gain stats, and what skills to work to get the stats. I forgot to add this above.

Stayin Alive,

BG

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes I was referring to a chart like the one you linked. It makes sense now that I think of it in the way that a stat does not effect the actual skill.

The reason I got curious was basically because Dexterity will play a role in a warrior skill. Not necessarily by increasing the skill but by route of increasing the swingspeed which ultimately helps the warrior. Which lead me to wondering if stats played an actual role in crafting....

J

[JD]

I set my crafter to 125 str, 90 int, and the rest dex. more hp and carrying capacity with enough mana to get around