• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Tailored/Smithed Sampire Suit

K

Kulagan

Hi All,
I am currently on my last leg of training for my sampire, so it's time to start on my suit. My crafter is 120 Imbuing, 120 Smithy, and 115 Tailoring. When it comes to the suit which would be better or easier to make it from tailoring or Smithing. As to the pieces what are the resist spread i am looking for so i don't recycle the good pieces. I have tried a couple basic suits but i always end up falling short of the all 70's. Any help from the professionals out there would be very appreciated.:thumbup1:

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are countless pages about this subject in the warrior's forum. I would give some basics but its 5:00 a.m. and my zombie status prevents thinking.

K

Kulagan

I am human. I am also almost gm armslore and a got about 10 spined runics, 20 or so DC runics, 15 Shadow, and 25 copper runic hammers.:thumbup1:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can tell you right now that you'd be hard-pressed to get any kind of suit to all-70s with runics that low.

Before taking into account resist changes from necromantic forms, the 6 armor pieces have to average about 58 total resists.
Using runics to make them:
Spined Runic - Tailor, leather (using barbed at GM arms lore): 15+12+11 = 38; 1-3 runic properties, that would have to be mostly in resists (and/or near maximum), and 1/3 of the time you'll only get 1 property, which will always end up short of the target.
Spined Runic - Tailor, Studded (as above): 16+12+11=39

Metal Armor, Shadow Hammer (Valorite ingots): 15+13+11=39. Has 2 properties every time, and would have to get both in resists to hit the target.
Copper Hammer: has a 50% chance of a 3rd property.

With those low-end runics, you're really better off just getting some people to imbue you a suit, perhaps using your character to make the items before-hand. Using the Dull Copper or Shadow runics, you could possibly get 1-2 property Red dragon scale exceptional items with 25-30 fire resist - of course, the hard part is making them look right with the rest of your suit (and imbuing other properties onto it). Then craft exceptional smith or tailor parts with normal tools, to get items that someone can imbue for you.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he says he is 120 imbuing.
you dont want to use runics at all to make your sampire suit.
just craft with basic leather or metal. imbue up stam inc, lmc, and hpi and a couple resists to get to 70s, then enhance with barbed or verite to boost any low resist.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can make a large number of items with the low end runics looking for mods that are costly to imbue along with no other mods or at least with mods that you want to imbue anyway. For instance I made a leather piece that had 8 lower mana cost and 18 lower reagent cost and maybe a resist but no other properties. What are you going to do with the runic kits anyway?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
aarons6:

The best use of a runic in conjunction with Armor imbuing is to try to get one piece (maybe 2) with an absurdly high resist, then make normal tool exceptional parts to go with it.

For example, in some of my suits, I had to get a 23 or 24 fire resist piece to round out the resists after combining imbued exceptional stuff with artifacts, etc., and the only ways to do it were to burn several of my 50 or so spined kits using horned leather, or craft several of them in regular leather with the runic to get close, then enhance with horned after imbuing the other resists (if needed - one time I got lucky and was able to finish off the last resist by adding boots, without having to imbue any more resists).

If making a non-med suit, making a single runic dragon armor piece becomes an option, as the +10/-3 count against imbuing (making imbuing the armor on top of that +10 impossible, as imbuing sees all dragon scale as 3/3/3/3/3 base), but a near-max resist property from a runic stacked on top of the Ex bonus and the +10 from the scale type can result in one resist being over 30 (and the zeroed resist becomes 4 if 1% put into it)