• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Tactics on gorget or belt?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... can anyone tell me if there is an artie that has tactics on it, for the gorget slot, and or the belt slot? .... or possibly even the cape / quiver slot?

typhon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember that you need real 70/90 tact/wep skill to use primary/secondary wep specials.

Maybe try arms of tactical excellence? not usually that hard to switch out arms for a gorget slot. Do you really have to have tactics (instead of another skill) on it?

Soldier's medal maybe?

Honestly the di from 10ish more tactics will probably not be worth squeezing it onto a suit like that though.

Last edited:

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah.... was hoping that there was one for the gorget, cape or belt slot... i have 40 tactics, I have a ring and bracelet with +15 on it. So, that puts me at 70 tactics. I'm also wearing the complete assassins armor set (for the SSI) and I have Diamyos Helm for additional SSI. So... the only available slots for me would be gorget, cape, and belt slot. I did forget about the Solider's Medal. Which means that I would only need to find something with +10 tactics on it. .... unless there are a really cool new pair of boots with some on it?

typhon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrmm some interesting choices with that suit build.

The only way you could get skills off the belt slot/ cloak slot would be if you have focus (obi di ense) / archery (despicable/unforgiven). I don't think there are any +skill gorgets.

You could buy a legendary piece of jewelry with more + skills on it (in addition to the hci dci etc), thereby freeing up skill points. Those can run into the several hundred million mark though.

You do know though that you will NOT be able to use weapon specials right? You need 90 REAL skill in tactics and weapon skill to use them. Wouldn't it normally be a better choice to have +skills for one of you other skills? If your not using tactics for the weapon skills it seems weird to have it on the temp.

From stratics "Warriors who have reached Expert (70) skill level in their weapon skill will be able to execute a weapon's primary special move. Once he or she has reached Master (90) status in a weapon, the fighter may execute the secondary special move while wielding weapons of that skill — making them twice as deadly! The skill level required can not be achieved through use of skill enhancing items, such as rings and bracelets, only real skill points are taken into account."

Alternatively you could use jewels with ssi, + ranger's cloak+ cameo +animated legs and get like 40 ssi without even considering the wep or most of the suit. There is garg stuff as well (which it seems like your character isn't). This way you could use a Captain John's hat, mark of travesty etc, for a lot of those points you need.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... so does that apply to "use best weapon" skill also? In other words, if I have archery, and I epuip a swordsmanship weapon ( with *use best weapon skill ) , could I use that weapons tactics special moves?

typhon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UBWS doesn't work for throwing, wrestling or archery. If you plan on using an archer-fencer etc, you will also need a melee weapon skill. ( i.e. 120 fencing and 120 archery, or 120 swordsmanship and 120 throwing, etc).

But if you have 90 real swordsmanship and use a mace with ubws, you will be able to use the mace's specials (assuming you have 90 real tactics). This is basically because ubws directly applies your swordsmanship (or other melee weapon skill) to the weapon with ubws on it, and therefore your swordsmanship skill will be considered as real skill for weapon specials purposes.

And you would still need 90 real skill (and tactics) in the melee skill that ubws is applying to the weapon, in order for you to be able to use the specials via ubws.