• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tactics for Mostrous Interred Grizzle, help please.

• Thread starter Lord Gabriel
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Lord Gabriel

I have tried this boss numerous times with little success and I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong. The template I use is as follows:

Taming - 115
Lore - 120
Vet - 120
Magery - 120
Discordance - 115
Music - 120
Rest in Med

I have been using the setup of standing 2 tiles behind my greater dragon while he kills the Grizzle and things go great until he gets into a pile of acid, it seems as though the acid does such massive damage to my dragon that I am unable to keep him alive. If i try to move my dragon out of it then i just get targetted. At 120 lore/vet should i be using the enhanced bandages? or would they have little benefit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks. Btw my Dragon ranks a 4.3 on the calcualtor tool, with 900 hp so he isnt a very weak creature.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried this boss numerous times with little success and I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong. The template I use is as follows:

Taming - 115
Lore - 120
Vet - 120
Magery - 120
Discordance - 115
Music - 120
Rest in Med

I have been using the setup of standing 2 tiles behind my greater dragon while he kills the Grizzle and things go great until he gets into a pile of acid, it seems as though the acid does such massive damage to my dragon that I am unable to keep him alive. If i try to move my dragon out of it then i just get targetted. At 120 lore/vet should i be using the enhanced bandages? or would they have little benefit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks. Btw my Dragon ranks a 4.3 on the calcualtor tool, with 900 hp so he isnt a very weak creature.

The problem is the acid.

Is there a way to protect the Dragon from the effects of the acid ?

Is this the same stuff that Miasma sends out ?

If so, ain't there a chivalry spell that cures it ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=150952

This thread is on the first page. ControlFive describes the positioning perfectly.

I may have understood wrong, but I have a feeling that the problem here is not acid on the tamer which ControlFive suggests to avoid staying at a 2 tile range from the Peerless, but the problem is the Acid on the Greater Dragon which takes health away faster than the tamer can vet.......

Bottom line question is, can this acid attack be "cured" so to avoid the Peerless to do damage to the Dragon faster than it can be vetted ?

That is why I was asking if it is the same stuff that Miasma sends out because if it is, there should be a chivalry spell that can deal with it, shouldn't it ?

C

controlfive

there's no way to cure it, the acid appears randomly on the ground around grizzle when he takes damage. the acid pools get smaller and do lower damage over time. honestly though it shouldn't be a problem IF you are vetting efficiently. you literally have to spam bandage every 2~ seconds to keep up with the acid sometimes, and toss the occasional gheal.

just out of curiousity, what's your dragons wrestling, phys resist, and hp?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there's no way to cure it, the acid appears randomly on the ground around grizzle when he takes damage. the acid pools get smaller and do lower damage over time. honestly though it shouldn't be a problem IF you are vetting efficiently. you literally have to spam bandage every 2~ seconds to keep up with the acid sometimes, and toss the occasional gheal.

just out of curiousity, what's your dragons wrestling, phys resist, and hp?

Hmmm.... you mention needing to use Greater Heal along with vetting to keep the Dragon alive....

Question, ain't all Mages' spells efficiency tied to Evaluate Intelligence ?

That is, if one trades Spellweaving for Evaluate Intelligence won't then Greater Heals not be powerfull enough to keep the Dragon alive ?

C

controlfive

healing is based off of magery, so don't worry about eval. grizzle slows your casting speed down by so much that gheal is a very small part of your total healing. i haven't tested it but my friend told me if you stack fc/fcr over the 2/6 cap it will help mitigate the penalty that grizzle's slow aura gives.

U

uoBuoY

I...At 120 lore/vet should i be using the enhanced bandages? or would they have little benefit...
With Enhanced Bandages you will be Vetting as if you had 130.0 Vet. And it really is a BIG difference. Problem is one Fountain only produces 10 EBs a day. I'm running 30 Fountains currently.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't even use enhanced bandages... I sold my fountains about a year back and never got around to replacing them afterward (dumb move, I know).

My tactic:
I have a macro (UOA) that goes: heal dragon, wait, heal dragon, no waiting, cast heal, target dragon.

I repeat that every time the macro ends, needed or not.

It works every time. If I try casting heal after every bandage, then the lowered casting delay interrupts the macro and my dragon gets dead. It heals slightly faster than just bandage, bandage, bandage, which is a tactic that nearly gets my dragon killed about once during the fight.

L

Lord Gabriel

I have the positioning down right I never get hit by the acid, but as another poster pointed out my dragon does, and it hurts him alot. My Dragons stats as as follows.

Wrestling 122.1
Hit Points 898
Phy resist 80%

R

RichDC

Ill tell you what your problem is, it stems 2 fold.

1) you are relying on the dragons Stupidly high hp to win the fight, it is actually easier and quicker with a decent Hiryu. Easier because you only get one acid dump. The grizzle will spit acid on every damaging act, so with a GD you have the normal hit...spit, magic casting...spit, BLEED...CONSTANT SPITTING

2)you have no spell weaving. This helps astronomically! With a high level you can cast Gift of renewal and vet twice while casting(stacking above cap makes no diff to your speed, its like being in protection), then you can vet twice while casting the arcane empowerment. This will give your pet huge health bonuses while your vetting.

Also with the combined 2, you can drop a natures fury close to the Grizz and it will take his target away for the few seconds the fury is alive giving you another well deserved reprieve...oh and of course...Word of Death!

L

Lord Gabriel

Update

Just got my first kill, it got close several times and took about 50 minuites (not including the time to get the notes) I used the same template as in my first post but used 800 enhanced bandages. Thank you for all the advice!

S

Saris

acid is pysical right, can you use necro to corspe skin the gd? bringing its pyhs above 100%? I remeber someone explaing this to me once but have never tired it.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The acid attack is physical. I thought about trying the corpse skin thing, but since I don't have a necro-tamer, I never tried it.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have yet to see Enhanced Bandages work any better with 120 Vet than non enhanced.

When i tested this the bandages had no benefit.