• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

T-Maps in T-Chests

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Did anyone realize that it is possible to get multiple T-Maps from a T-Chest?

News to me, albeit good news.

Too bad this was only a Cache chest. It would be nice to have this happen on a Hoard chest and get two Trove maps.

Happy Hunting!

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Man I've seen screenshots like this, but I'm lucky to get one fragment, lol. The trove maps seem to almost always have one, but for me are not a feasible level to farm them at time-wise. And I've dug up a fair share of hoard maps with no fragment inside.

Would you mind sharing what level of map that chest came from? Was there anyone else in the party? Which facet?

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Man I've seen screenshots like this, but I'm lucky to get one fragment, lol. The trove maps seem to almost always have one, but for me are not a feasible level to farm them at time-wise. And I've dug up a fair share of hoard maps with no fragment inside.

Would you mind sharing what level of map that chest came from? Was there anyone else in the party? Which facet?
I don't remember for certain, but it was either Supply or Cache. On Napa.

And I've gotten a few with 8 fragments in them. Must be a change that came with Publish 107, because I haven't seen any singles since the publish.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

They added more fragments in chests in publish 107. If your chest has fragments in them, you will receive 8 of them.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I've gotten two T-maps in a single chest a couple of times but it is a rare occurrence......for me, at least.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
@WiggyJiggyJed So just any old tram ruleset facet, then? I had assumed maybe the fel maps have a bonus

@Khaelor well that's fkn awesome, gonna have to go knock the dirt off my shovel, then. And then get more dirt on it. Tyvm for the information!

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@WiggyJiggyJed So just any old tram ruleset facet, then? I had assumed maybe the fel maps have a bonus
I was doing Malas T-Maps, because it's easy to get Stash & Supply killing Dark Guardians in Doom, so I had a bunch. I think the only real bonuses with Fel maps are Powerscrolls in Cache and higher, and higher point SoT's.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Well you get the 1000 luck bonus on fel maps, which by itself might not proc a lot, but my tmapper has a very well-worn luck suit. And if you're on an old account hit that 10th anni sculpture!

I was doing Malas T-Maps, because it's easy to get Stash & Supply killing Dark Guardians in Doom
so if that taught you something, maybe you can teach me one thing more: The dark guardians used to be a frequent haunt for me, but i heard (most likely erroneously, as one does in game) they nerfed em with the tmap update. If nerf means they drop Supply maps, well that's exactly what I expected! But it sounds like you're saying they drop stash as well? God I get those 2 confused, lol.

And I know, shame on me for not simply going there and finding out for myself, haha

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've had as many as 3 maps in a chest.

It appears that for the chests with scrolls (alacrity/transcendence/power(Fell only)) that additional T-maps are ALSO part of that list as an option.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Guardians drop same lvl of maps as before, old 1-3 is now stash and supply.
Where stash is lvl 1 and supply is 2 and 3.

The change in guardian room is that followers dont give extra guardian spawn now.
But if you have more then one account you can place second account in corner and get 4 guardians every spawn.

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The dark guardians used to be a frequent haunt for me, but i heard (most likely erroneously, as one does in game) they nerfed em with the tmap update. If nerf means they drop Supply maps, well that's exactly what I expected! But it sounds like you're saying they drop stash as well? God I get those 2 confused, lol.
As @Chrille stated, the conversion is L1 = Stash & L2+L3 = Supply. And I do see a roughly 66% drop rate for Supply.

I've had as many as 3 maps in a chest.

It appears that for the chests with scrolls (alacrity/transcendence/power(Fell only)) that additional T-maps are ALSO part of that list as an option.
So, does that mean that any Scroll has the potential to drop as a map, instead of as a scroll?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As @Chrille stated, the conversion is L1 = Stash & L2+L3 = Supply. And I do see a roughly 66% drop rate for Supply.

So, does that mean that any Scroll has the potential to drop as a map, instead of as a scroll?
From my experience, yes - I've had chests that normally would have had 5 scrolls, have 3 maps and 2 scrolls.