• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] T-Map Rune Books any good anymore?

K

Kurgan

I have a tons of rune books to T-Map locals.
I am going thru items in my castle, doing some cleaning.
With the new change to T-Maps.
Are these old Rune Books now trash?
As the spots are randomized...

O

Old Man of UO

I have a tons of rune books to T-Map locals.
I am going thru items in my castle, doing some cleaning.
With the new change to T-Maps.
Are these old Rune Books now trash?
As the spots are randomized...
The chest spots are random for all new maps. For about two more weeks, old decoded maps will still be located at the old fixed map locations. The rune books are still good for getting you close to where you need to be, but you can certainly eliminate locations close to each other. For example, I only have one rune marked for most islands.

K

Kurgan

Good to know, as I ahve tons of Rune Books I have collected over the past 12 years.
Time to clean out some old items...

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The chest spots are random for all new maps. For about two more weeks, old decoded maps will still be located at the old fixed map locations. The rune books are still good for getting you close to where you need to be, but you can certainly eliminate locations close to each other. For example, I only have one rune marked for most islands.
I know that the new maps dont correspond to the old locations, will they always be changing then and constantly being randomized? Or will they be fixed to the new locations so new libraries can be built. Just want to know if i am wasting my time marking and building new library lol.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't throw the runes out. More location runes will be needed. I'm using all kinds of runes to get close to spots. T maps, shrines, Zeefzorpul locations. I've still ended up running miles sometimes because I don't have anything close.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, they are extremely useful. If anything, they give me a good idea. I am going to break up the maps myself and create a new rune library and set of runes for myself. Maybe a grid system.

K

Kurgan

Yep, they are extremely useful. If anything, they give me a good idea. I am going to break up the maps myself and create a new rune library and set of runes for myself. Maybe a grid system.
That is what I am thinking, maybe a every 32x32 mark a rune.

B

BellaofCats

Although my UO accounts remained active, I've just come back after a three year absence and I am VERY lost :confused: I am wondering the same thing about the t-hunter books previously marked... mine are at least three years old. The answers supplied to the OP are great but, since I'm just getting back to UO, I'm not quite sure if I understand correctly about the old t-map books. Are they good yes or no?

Thanks in advance!!

Bella

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although my UO accounts remained active, I've just come back after a three year absence and I am VERY lost :confused: I am wondering the same thing about the t-hunter books previously marked... mine are at least three years old. The answers supplied to the OP are great but, since I'm just getting back to UO, I'm not quite sure if I understand correctly about the old t-map books. Are they good yes or no?

Thanks in advance!!

Bella
Are they still good?
Yes in that they can get you close to some of the spots, expecially the islands.

Do they take you right on top of the new maps locations?
No, unless it just randomly happens like that.

B

BellaofCats

I wonder, then, if it is worth keeping all of these books (I have a full set of both Tram and Fel) if only some may be useful (island spots) and the others possibly useful IF a map happens to be in the area of one of the older marked runes. Since I've been away so long and don't remember much about t-hunting the "old' way, I'd have to check every rune in both sets of books just to see what is what. Oh I am overwhelming myself now, lol. Maybe I will just toss the books and start anew!!

Thanks for the reply!!

Bella

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am using the old library to build a new one in addition to the books of moongates, shrines, dungeons and whatnot that is needed. I don`t think I will toss it though when the new one is all done. Just... store it somewhere.