• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

T-Map Guardians

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK. I need some advice from the T-Map guru's out there. I been messing around and I can do it all except those darn Ancient Wyrms.

How do you kill them?

Right now, I'm running the following template

115 magery
110 meditation
100 lockpick
100 cartography
100 mining
120 focus
115 mysticism

They auto-dispell my vortexes. And the collossus doesn't survive more than a minute.

Thanks,
Q

M

Muu Bin

The way I have done this with one other person is on a bard using discordance. Disco was at 115 and I used a Dragon Slayer instrument. Friend had 120 provo (I think) and he provoked one onto the other. Oh yeah... there were two of them.

The worst one we encountered was when the level 6 chest popped 5 (or was it 6) of them. That was a fun one for sure. But then there were 5 of us.

Other way I would guess is with a tamer and a Greater Dragon fully trained.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My treasure hunter is an archer, and I can kill one with a dragon slayer bow, but it takes a while. (Using Greater Heal spell to heal myself, with 50 magery skill.) That's why I don't do level 6 maps alone.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same problem. using Mysticism and it took ages. Still does at times, but what I did find that helped was a Dragon Slayer Mysticism book. So I trained Inscription and got myself a book.

Definitely helps finishing off the dragons :D

V

Vertigo

I use a Disco Mystic. RC and disco. Use appropriate slayer spellbook for extra dmg. All guardians go down pretty quick.

B

Boomers

Boomers guide to solo t-mapping (any level):

First, i'll start with my template...i fudge it a little with soulstones

120 taming
120 animal lore
120 vet
115 magery (haven't gotten a 120 scroll yet)
100 lockpicking
120 Med

I put carto on a stone, and just decode all my maps at once and sort them roughly by location and difficulty.
If you want to make digging a little easier, replace med with mining and take up 40 med or whatever else you might want.

So, you have your template set; decode you maps, grab some blank recalls and some bags; feed your gdrag and let's get ready to rock!

Get to the rough area of the spot, open UOCartographer and Windows Magnifier. Using those two, pinpoint your map spot and dig until you find it.

Let the chest start to peek and take a step to cancel the dig. Stand near the chest spot and mark your rune and drop it in a book (mostly as a fail safe and then lets you start your own rune library for later).

Run away a few screens, tell your gdrag to stay and head back to your spot. Start your dig and pre-cast invis. When the guardians spawn, invis yourself and run back towards your dragon, invis again when you get there.

Now it's just a matter of single pulling the guardians back to your dragon, nom nom nom, clear the way, pick the chest, empty it and the guardian loot into your bags.

Stable the dragon, grab your pack beetle and go back to collect your phat loot...

Win the t-map.

quadspeed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi ! i solo lv 6 with a 120 peace,provoke,music chr ! but as u say seldom can i kill A/W so i mark rune in safe spot and use my tamer with gtr dragon, who also has 120peace but never use it!