• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

T Hunting and party size

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
in the publish notes it states that....

The quantity of items available is based on the level of chest, there is a chance for additional items based on party size.
well i did some testing last night and this is such a small insignificant amount that its not even noticeable.
so i had a fat stack of Fel Artisan Supply maps, like 20 of them.
so i did 10 solo and i did 10 with a party of 5, all members had over 2k luck.
the amount of items added to the 5 party chests was..... (wait for it)..... 1-2 items.
so the normal chest solo was paying out 8-9 magic items and in the party i got 10 items per chest.

i was kinda expecting more.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup. Only the diggers luck counts.

I posted a bug thread about it. Party and amount of items in T Chests

The lowest 2 chests get no bonus. Thats fine.

Hoard chests get .5 to 2 more items per party member for a party of 3. But larger parties get less per member.

Now compare this to most anything else in the game.

I'm not asking for double the items for 2 in a party but a max of 6 more items for 3 in a party is pretty lame.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when you compare the old chests that had like 70 items in them to the 8 items you get now, its kinda funny.
i can literally empty a chest in like 8 seconds.
before it would take 5 minutes.

it just seems strange them being so empty.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
when you compare the old chests that had like 70 items in them to the 8 items you get now, its kinda funny.
i can literally empty a chest in like 8 seconds.
before it would take 5 minutes.

it just seems strange them being so empty.
Yup. Our EM would take us on T Hunts to get the Cold Flappys and Dragon Wolfs. He would drop 2 bags of stuff when done with each map for us to look thru. It took him a while to unload the chest.

The party difference is now so small that you have to count items to see the difference. I started testing it with a player who had done many T Maps after the changes. He kept saying the amount was the same because it looks the same when you open the chest!

You do not have to count to see a difference in Solo vs Party in most encounters.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yea I've posted on this in a few other T-Hunting threads... I haven't seen any consistent or noticeable bump in loot when adding people. Honestly it doesn't matter to me and I really just chalked it up to their verbiage of each chest has a "chance"... basically just another RNG calculator (that mostly won't be in our favor). If you want to do guild/group hunts just for the sake of a group event I think you will be happy; if the goal is to boost the amount of loot for these hunts then I think several people will be disappointed.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been t hunting since 99. It has never been set up as a 'group' activity. It makes no sense IMHO. If you want to do something as a group, do The Shadow Guard, Peerless or a champ spawn. Don't ever expect the t hunting system to be a rewarding group activity. I do all levels with high luck suits on my t hunter and a tamer. If I'd get more by having more chars there, I'll bring my wife's EJ account and if they push it even farther making it worthwhile, I'll add 2 more EJ accounts. But I will never bring others to my t hunts, it's always been my 'private war' since 99.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been t hunting since 99. It has never been set up as a 'group' activity. It makes no sense IMHO. If you want to do something as a group, do The Shadow Guard, Peerless or a champ spawn. Don't ever expect the t hunting system to be a rewarding group activity. I do all levels with high luck suits on my t hunter and a tamer. If I'd get more by having more chars there, I'll bring my wife's EJ account and if they push it even farther making it worthwhile, I'll add 2 more EJ accounts. But I will never bring others to my t hunts, it's always been my 'private war' since 99.
To me T-Hunting is a BORING thing if you aren't the one digging up the chest and if you aren't the one looting... why would you bring others to stand about and guard you killing what little spawn there is so they can stand there and watch you pick through a chest? Never made sense and I typically bring Me, Myself and I... My T-Hunter and 2 tamers... one to help kill the spawn and one to tame anything awesome that might show up... Killing tamer and the T-Hunter both wear luck suits all of them party up... but yeah it really isn't a group activity. Maybe 2 people you and the wife/hubby or buddy and that's it.