• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

T Hunter Question

V

vinncent

Ok so here's the deal.
I made a T Hunter and I bought the advanced character. (some say it's a waste of money, but I don't care)
So what I want to do is this:
Alchemy
Cartogrophy
Eval
Focus
Lockpicking
Magery
Music
Provo
My plan is to soul stone alchemy and swap it with cartogrophy when I want to do T maps and swap again when I want to dungeon dive and lockpick chests. This gives me a few choices when I am out and about.

Do you think provo is better or should I go peacemaking? Peacemaking seems easier since all I have to do is stand on a boat and area peace while I watch anime.
(UO assist macro,, just keep hitting the space bar, sounds lame but it works)

Provo is SUCH a pain to work, omg. I think I'm getting like .2 or .3 at 52.3 a day if I am lucky. I want to PLAY not sit and listen to poorly played flute lol.
What do you think?

Oh and the reason I have alchemy is so I can toss greater explode pots at provoked creatutes. It's pretty funny watching them explode. Having GM alchemy gives you a bonus to your pots, or so I am told.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If all you are gonna do with the magery is summons, you can drop the eval.

Greater Heal and Summons don't require Eval Intelligence.

That way, you could either NOT stone carto off, or swap it and alchemy as needed and have BOTH Peace & provo.

V

vinncent

Yeah.. but since I also want to go into dungeons to pick chests I'm going to need eval to kill spawn in there. That was somewhat the point a character I can do more than one thing with. Rather than just be a T Hunter I can also be a dungeon crawler lockpicker too.

But my main question was should I go peace or provoke?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My mage WITH 115 Eval is practically useless in a dungeon using things other than EVs or Elementals (which don't use Eval), and that's with 2/6 (well, 4/6 if it wasn't capped), 40% LMC 100% LRC, almost 40 SDI and tons of mana. That's why I was thinking you'd be better off without it, because it's a pain in the arse to direct spell something (that isn't a PC) to death in a dungeon, and what you can kill quickly, the EVs are typically more efficient at it, and you don't have to boss them around.

As for Peace vs. Provo, remember that Provo means you gotta have something for the last critter to fight, while Peace typically requires something to do damage while you mana dump on targets one by one. Either way you'd probably be using summons of some sort to kill the last one if you're alone. Provo probably would use the least mana for solo maps, but Peace would be good for dungeon chest work, and doing T-maps with friends.