• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Swing Speed Increase Question

DarkWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I've recently started an imbuer and have not yet figured out the property weight thing yet.

I am working on getting up to 120 imbuing on a Gargoyle character.

Would it be possible to add 30% SSI to a broadsword that has:

HML 71%
HLL 52%
HSL 46%
DI 38%

Or would that be next to impossible as it would be the 5th property?

Thanks

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
no the formula for weapon speed and mana leech is (base weapon speed x 2500)/(100 +ssi)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Would it be possible to add 30% SSI to a broadsword that has:

HML 71%
HLL 52%
HSL 46%
DI 38%
Yes.
And you can easily check it in game when you are near any forge. And you needn't ingredients or even imbue skill to do this.

But there are some nuances.

1. It's cheaper to imbue 30 SSI and all this props listed above to new broadsword then imbue 30 SSI to your sword. (You don't want to lose Relics on fails)

2. After imbuing 30 SSI to your sword its HML and HLL will get new values: 40 HLL and 54 HML.

DarkWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for your replies. I really need to read up on imbuing.... :wall:

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The max HML with 30 SSI on a broadsword is 62. The other thing to consider is if that is not an exceptional weapon you won't be able to hit the max on some properties without giving up some weight on others. If I have a weapon I need to get 30 SSI after other mods for whatever reason sometimes I'll reduce the other mods so SSI succeeds and I don't waste relics.

DarkWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks silent! Did not even consider lowering a property. The broadsword is exceptional, which is one reason why I was thinking of adding SSI to it.