• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

swing and a miss!

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
has anyone else had trouble hitting their target since the patch was released? i took my sampire out today, who is normally a little bad ass of an elf and she was missing like crazy....ive changed nothing on my toon, everything is repaired and im missing like 70% of the time.......wasnt like this before the patch shakes fists @ Devs!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It would seem to me that all skills have been stretched out to somewhere like 130 or 140 while we are still laggin behind at GM or 120. At least it seems that whatever formula is used to calculate the percentage of hit chance, chance to cast a spell, or to steal and item.... or what have you has been modified. Now whether this be true or not ..... something has gone quite wonky with skills since the last publish.

Does anyone remember what happened when we were given Powerscrolls? How suddenly being a GM mage meant you could no longer cast a gate with any reliability that you once had and such? I certainly have not forgotten what that felt like. So now we are given new powers of Mastery..... and suddenly it feels much like that Powerscroll nerf.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think people are just experiencing truly bad R N G (finally, I thought I was the only one)... I don't seem to miss more or less than I always did..

It does depend on what you're fighting though, a lot of newer Time of Legends mobs (especially bosses) have like 120.0-220.0 Wrestling, which makes them extremely hard to hit at times.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Friday and Sunday, I had two strokes of bad luck, trying to steal in Eodon. It took me 7 attempts to steal the item, both times.

Yesterday I got the 'Waku On A Spit' on 1st attempt and the 'Streched Dinosaur Hide' on 2nd. :smile2:

I've stolen 24 of these new stealables in Eodon, all on 1st or 2nd attempt, except those two, Friday and Sunday.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been this way since recent expansion. Guess they "didn't" change something else just like the Chiv nerf.

Personally I think it's due to the fact they messed with Luck making it required for most things in Eodon, had a knock on effect since nobody really knows how the luck mechanic works.
It's probably checking luck amount before you swing also....

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think people are just experiencing truly bad R N G (finally, I thought I was the only one)... I don't seem to miss more or less than I always did..

It does depend on what you're fighting though, a lot of newer Time of Legends mobs (especially bosses) have like 120.0-220.0 Wrestling, which makes them extremely hard to hit at times.
I assure you it's not rng. People are missing mongbats on their sampires. I've personally have missed more since the last patch than I've missed ever. There has certainly been some kinda change.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Not only on sampires. It is happening on my plain dexxers too. I am missing the Minax captain spawns way more often now, even lowly zombies, with my Swords/Chiv/Healing/Parry/Anat/Tactics dexxer too.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has anyone else had trouble hitting their target since the patch was released? i took my sampire out today, who is normally a little bad ass of an elf and she was missing like crazy....ive changed nothing on my toon, everything is repaired and im missing like 70% of the time.......wasnt like this before the patch shakes fists @ Devs!
Dunno, I seem same as usual myself.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doing the Macaws with a Melee char is laughable.
I even had a mage run past and cast a RC cos he said he felt sorry for me.......

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doing the Macaws with a Melee char is laughable.
I even had a mage run past and cast a RC cos he said he felt sorry for me.......
Really? I mean, what is your weapon skill? Do you have hit chance increase? I hardly ever miss them. They have a lot of HP's sure, but they do very little damage and you can kill all three in like 2 minutes not even using specials. Just Divine Fury, EEO and Consecrate weapon.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? I mean, what is your weapon skill? Do you have hit chance increase? I hardly ever miss them. They have a lot of HP's sure, but they do very little damage and you can kill all three in like 2 minutes not even using specials. Just Divine Fury, EEO and Consecrate weapon.
See, this is where I don't get how others are playing.
They all ways tell me "oh its you" or "your temp is wrong" ect.

I roll a Pure Paladin 120 Swords, 120 Anat, 120 Tact, 100 Healing, 120 Chiv, 120 focus, rest in resist and wear the clean-ups points Knight suit.
I use an Legendary Executioners axe with like 70 in all leeches plus bloodletting
Now when I get 3 of them macaws on me if I don't run then they kill me in like 5 seconds. (I have GM bandies +enhanced)

Has the game really changed that much that this is now classed as "pants" set-up??

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I run 150 185 70
45 hci/dci
60 hld
110 tact.
120 weap

Bladed staff with 30 ssi on suit

I miss ALOT since this publish (perfect example are the uv's. I miss 3-4 times in a row at least 2-3 times per kill). That is way more than what I was doing previously before publish.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has the game really changed that much that this is now classed as "pants" set-up??
Yeah, pretty much. That set is pretty low end, and executioners axe has crappy specials. My advice would be either hunt liches, or whatever the strongest thing you can handle for better armor, or simply hire an imbuer to make you a suit of Studded Leather or Bone, with:

70 in all resists (or as close as they can get without using special ingredients) 7% LMC +4 HP, +7 Mana, and +7 Stamina on every piece. Jewelry: +13 DCI, +13 HCI, +22 Damage increase, +7 Str, +7 Int. Swap int for dex if you int is above 30ish.

This suit won't require anything but gems and imbuing base material, so it won't be super expensive, and it's basic, but VERY functional.

As for your template, really it's just fine, with the exception of focus. You can get enough stamina from divine fury or potions if you are fighting anything lower than a boss (and some bosses), or stamina leech. Assuming you want to maintain a "classic" warrior feel, I would suggest swapping out Focus for 120 Parry, and from the Executioners Axe to a Broadsword and shield. You can find some really great shields out there to help you get your DCI up to near max, as well as help with swing speed increase. If you don't mind expanding character concept, consider mixing in Necro for vampirc embrace and Bushido. There are many build ideas on the Warrior forums.

If you are more set on two handed, and axes specifically, I would say add resist, and switch to a Double Axe, which has two good specials, and is a nice all around weapon.

Have someone make you a basic weapon to use with:

Damage increase: 45
Hit mana leech: 55
Hit life leech: 55
Swing speed increase 25%
Hit lower defense: 44%

This also requires no special ingredients so, should be cheap as well.

Get a swamp dragon, and some dragon plating. They are ugly as hell, but the 20% damage reduction is a MASSIVE boost, and will keep you in the game where otherwise you would be toast.

From there, do you have clean up points? If so get one of the talismans that gives you +5% HIC and +10% damage. From there go find the strongest thing you can kill without issue, lich lords, dragons, and stuff like that should't be much trouble with this set up. Hunt up the best shield you can find, with +20% DCI, and +10 SSI as a base. In combat EEO everything, keep Divine Fury up for the +!5% hci, so long as the dci hit isn't getting you killed. Use armor ignore and double strike as often as possible, keep consecrate weapon up, and bandages flying.

From there get yourself a set of slayer weapons, with the same set up replacing HLD with the slayer. Those will be a bit more costly, but most of them you can hunt down the stuff yourself to give to your imbuer to offset costs. At least one of each super slayer, and a few specific slayers like Scorpian (for Miasma) and maybe dragon or something if you want to try ancient wyrms or greater dragons.

Really from here you are baseline good to go in any group situation. You won't be the powerhouse but you can do good damage, and heal if need be, and tank if getting healed in many situations.

From there look into what artifacts you might be interested in, mainly gonna look at the stuff you can get from blackthorns. See if you can find a parter to cross heal, or others to just group with to take on blackthorn captains to earn yourself some. Read up on the warriors forum for template and suit ideas, and slowly get those stats up to max with additions, and within a reasonable amount of time you'll be ready to tackle most bosses solo.

Hope this was helpful and isn't too overwhelming! :D

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I notice the devs have been changing things but we get no info on it. if we get a response, they will say it working as intended. I think they made us so powerful they need to make it alittle harder to do things. I do think we are over powered, especially samp/vamp. it is soo much easier to do things now. we sit there and kill things and feel we should never die. it seems we have been spoiled. many people are using multi accounts to heal/buffs ect... to their other chars, so sad. no comment. this is just my opinion so don't hate lol

Last edited:

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
.... I do think we are over [BCOLOR=#ffff99]powdered[/BCOLOR], especially samp/vamp...
what??! we can now use PoF on our toons? i haven't tried that yet. maybe that's why my dexxer isn't hitting as often as he used to.

j/k

but in all seriousness, it sure does feel like another unannounced nerf.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done about 5-6 baracoon spawns..not even the slightest hitch. Never get below 97% hp. Me personally I haven't felt a change..maybe your toons are bugged :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not only is my dexxer missing a lot more swings since the expansion, my legendary blacksmith is receiving a ton more weapons bods than he used to do.
This is more than a bad run with the rng.
Something is rotten in the state of Brittania.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tell ya, it's because they messed with the Luck mechanic again.
Dev's have said in the past they don't actually know 'how' it really works anymore, yet they went and messed around with it for the new expansion. Making it a requirement to get drops ect.
I'd put money on it that it's had a knock on effect to the rest of the game and now Luck is one of the thing the game looks for before making an action.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
lol listen at this! i took my tamer/mage/bard out for a bit last night......she only has gm magery cause i need the 120 in other things.......but i was fizzling on invis at GM ......now, thats just wrong

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm really starting to get the feeling the devs really messed up a lot of things with this publish. Btw don't ever have any kind of essense on you when dropping the keys for dread horn. For some reason the main key will not drop in your pack if you do.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
lol listen at this! i took my tamer/mage/bard out for a bit last night......she only has gm magery cause i need the 120 in other things.......but i was fizzling on invis at GM ......now, thats just wrong
Where you in the humility virtue quest (said lum lum lum to start it)? Because if so, it would cause invis to fizzle.
I am testing it on my 95 magery music/peace/disco/tamer and I am yet to fizzle a single casting.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it may be that they are looking at real skill. I have 2 characters and one has started missing more than the other. The only difference I can find is that the one that misses more has skill increase on Jewels, while my other character is real in the weapon skill. The skills are mace and swords. They both have the same hit chance and both are human. Just my observation and am sure we may need to have a few more people check against this.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Where you in the humility virtue quest (said lum lum lum to start it)? Because if so, it would cause invis to fizzle.
I am testing it on my 95 magery music/peace/disco/tamer and I am yet to fizzle a single casting.
she has no quests , but as Zamot mentioned she may not be 100 real skill, it may be jewels "id have to look"

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So What were you doing when this happened?

If you fizzle invisibility at Gm Magery, it had to be something other than a skill-check. It's 100% chance to cast it regardless if the skill is "real" or modified.
Magery is minimum skill +40.0 for 100% success chance unless the following occurs.

A) you were hit/interrupted.
B) you were paralyzed, stunned, or "calmed" before targeting with your spell (being frozen fizzles spells if you're targeting while frozen or calmed).
C) You were mana drained, mana vampire'd, or hit by concussion and didn't have sufficient mana to cast the spell when targeting.
D) You were discorded, bringing your current Magery skill below the 100.0 threshold, thus allowing a skill-check to fail.
E) unlikely, but there are few areas where spells are unable to be cast, if you cast a spell outside of these areas and go into them before targeting, they will fizzle.
F) maybe humility virtue doesn't allow you to be invised? I haven't tried that yet, so I wouldn't know about this.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
she has no quests , but as Zamot mentioned she may not be 100 real skill, it may be jewels "id have to look"
That tamer of mine has 69 real skills in Magery and 26 points from equipment (jewels + book). I am not sure this is the case.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is how I based my tests

Magery should be 92 for 100% success since it's supposed to be 40+ from what I've seen and the requirement is 52 to cast.

100 real skill no jewls 10/10

92 real skill no jewls 10/10

91 real skill no jewls 9/10

50 skill +45skill (15/15 Jewls,Mark of Trav, +5 alchemy talisman 10/10

45 skill + 45 equipment 8/10

55 real skill 2/10

I can't seem to see a difference. Maybe it was a fizzle or paralyze which I'm sure you would of noticed. Or you have modified skill and forgot to put a jewl on after a death..but modified and real both seemed to work correctly. I could of taken time to do 100 attempts..but I didn't want to spend too much time honestly. I was more curious for myself.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i was running from a direwolf lol.....so it wasnt casting for sure , and it wasnt a paragon so i was well out of hit reach and i fizzled 3 times.....

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im noticing that when in combat the spells fizzle alot more. Try running your test while something is aggroed on you.
I'll try later tonight and post results. I won't bother with magical mobs..but maybe it's a war more/aggro thing..

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I missed a corrosive slime four times in a row with lighting strike active.

120 Macing using black staff
110 Bushido with Lighting strike active.
25 HCI

I thought It would be close to impossible to miss a corrosive slime once or twice, but four times in a row... I dont know what the problem is (connection, stretched skills, bug with the new expansion, etc) but something is screwy.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
F) maybe humility virtue doesn't allow you to be invised? I haven't tried that yet, so I wouldn't know about this.
It does not. I fooled around with it for a bit and couldn't invis. It isn't so bad if you have Resist Spells, since you're still at 44 Resist base, but anything on your suit (provided it doesn't go over the 70 cap, anyway - I'm 44/44/44/44/50 on my pvp char with Humility active) is reduced to 0. Pets get the lowered resists too. Even my Greater can die a horrible death with it up - I went to the Ratman Village in Ice Dungeon; the Slasher of Veils couldn't kill a pet that quickly. That was before I had eaten a level 3 Taming Primer though, so I assume it'd be different if I went now.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bump

maybe we can get a dev response to whether this is intended (missing so much now). Was there a change in how HCi works or are monsters being buffed?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bump

maybe we can get a dev response to whether this is intended (missing so much now). Was there a change in how HCi works or are monsters being buffed?
Could be a monster buff. I usually do Champs on my Sampire, so Loring them isn't possible. Will take a look the next time I feel like doing one on my tamer.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a semidar yesterday. Never died so much.. I'm going to run a few more and maybe that particular one spawned with high skills

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a semidar yesterday. Never died so much.. I'm going to run a few more and maybe that particular one spawned with high skills

Same for me on Thursday with a Medusa. Died about 4x once my Gorgon Lens charges expired. Ran a Barracoon yesterday and only had one death, which was due to 3-4 consecutive whiffs.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same for me on Thursday with a Medusa. Died about 4x once my Gorgon Lens charges expired. Ran a Barracoon yesterday and only had one death, which was due to 3-4 consecutive whiffs.
I have noticed in the past few days even though after patch I didn't notice anything. I actually can't go afk at the coon anymore. Which is strange..

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested some Rotting Corpses and it seemed I missed 1 out of every 4 to 5 swings. Is this the death blow to Sampires/Dexxers, sure seems that way. First they changed the way chivalry works now changed it to where we can't even hit low mobs wo missing.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know I dont mind changes. Dont even mind nerfs. However to recieve absolutly no acknowledgement from the devs that there has been a change is irritating.
Your just gonna have to get used to it. They have made it clear now that they have no interest in letting us know why they are changing game systems.
We just have to use are best guess at why.........which is normally that "they have no clue what they are doing anymore".

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can adjust your screen size on your pc and make your play screen bigger =)
You can resize if you click on it - it's already at the maximum play size window, unless I go full screen; my monitor is set to 1920x1080. Also, Barracoon was discorded, but ignoring that minor tidbit, it looks to be in the normal skill range for him, per uoguide (I went on my tamer just to check.) As such, I shouldn't be missing as often as I do, so I can only conclude there's something wrong with either HCI or weap skill's chance to hit, at least where pvm is concerned.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to use 1280x720 on my 4k TV, that's sad.
LOL aye that must be bad. It's such a shame buying a nice new screen then having to turn it down to a resolution from about 10 years ago.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol 75% of his screen is blackness. Lower your resolution. I have to use 1280x720 on my 4k TV, that's sad.
We def need some High resolution artwork love because tv/monitors are only getting better
I just tried the other resolutions on mine. 1024x768 was too small, and 1280x720 wasn't much better. Logged into UO on 1600x900 and it was too fuzzy...WITH my glasses on. I normally get that fuzziness at a distance WITHOUT my glasses.

My last computer (2007-2014) was usually in 800x600. I'd occasionally go to 1024x768, usually for gaming. On the desktop I have now, I'm not even sure Superman could see that.

But anyway. @Kyronix, any chance the chance to hit in pvm can be looked at? At this point, I can't chalk it up to bad RNG; while the RNG can certainly result in 3-4 consecutive misses, it wouldn't happen on a consistent basis like it is now.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just tried the other resolutions on mine. 1024x768 was too small, and 1280x720 wasn't much better. Logged into UO on 1600x900 and it was too fuzzy...WITH my glasses on. I normally get that fuzziness at a distance WITHOUT my glasses.

My last computer (2007-2014) was usually in 800x600. I'd occasionally go to 1024x768, usually for gaming. On the desktop I have now, I'm not even sure Superman could see that.

But anyway. @Kyronix, any chance the chance to hit in pvm can be looked at? At this point, I can't chalk it up to bad RNG; while the RNG can certainly result in 3-4 consecutive misses, it wouldn't happen on a consistent basis like it is now.
There are many factors involved here. Please provide full character info (shard, character name, stats, skills, equipment, active buffs, active debuffs, target information, target location) to [email protected]

Thanks!