• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Swine Flu Overreaction?

G

Granjell

Does anyone else think that people are getting a little carried away about the swine flu thing? Our local schools have just cancelled all extra-curricular activities, which includes field trips and athletic team practices. My kids are devastated. Does the current death rate of .0006 per cent really warrant this?

I suppose if I knew someone who was really sick with it I might feel differently, but I think the media are causing a panic where it isn't really justified.

R

ROSIE T

I couldn't agree with you more. Michigan has closed 2 schools so far so I'm sure the panic will start spreading and more will follow suit!

C

Crazy Fireball

They are talking procotions here in mass, but really its not that big of a deal!

The only people who have died are mexicans, and not to sound rude, but they are not the wealthyest and cleanest country to begin with!

People are over reacting, its the propaganda thats helping, they say one infected like they need to be locked in a room away from everyone untill they're better!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Swine Flu? What's that? Seriously I haven't seen one person with a mask on in Baltimore or Orlando. Even at Epcot today I saw nobody with a mask or flu like symptoms for that matter. However I got my picture take with Donald Duck in Mexico and I look like I'm scared that he has swine flu. More on that later..:dunce:

S

soupandquackers

They closed one school right down the road from my house because of a suspected case, not confirmed. I think people are overreacting but you never know what could happen over time.

C

Crazy Fireball

They closed one school right down the road from my house because of a suspected case, not confirmed. I think people are overreacting but you never know what could happen over time.
Well that is overreacting to me, because if its a suspected cace, what if the person had food poisiong and they shut down the school for a week? Thats silly!

My Friend texted me this, not to sound racest at all but it kinda is ironic.
"People said that the day obama was president, pigs would fly. 100th day in office - swine flu."
Alot of people where saying that because they where racest, but i got a laugh out of it, sorry if i offended anyones politcal views.