• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SW Tamer proper suit

Lucivius

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've recently returned to the game and started fresh on a new shard. I'm building a SW Tamer and need some advice on building the appropriate suit. Mostly what should I be working towards as far as arties are concerned. It's been a few years and I won't have everything immediately, but hopefully we get some ideas on the end game. Thanks in advance. The build I'm working on will be

120 taming
120 lore
120 spellweaving
100 mage
100 med
100 eval
100 eval/vet depending on situation

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Best advise I can give you is build both vet and eval into your suit. Switching back and forth is a pita.. or well, it is to me at any rate.

My mage/sw/tamer

kreepy.jpg

I do also carry a Crystalline Ring for when I want run 120 Mage but that drops me back to only being at 110 Tame/Lore. To get the 810 point range I use a 2 mod Scrappers (med and eval), the Wizards Curio, + skill ring and brace.

As far as the rest of the suit.. I pack on all the mana/intel increas, mr, sdi I can find (heck I still run with Protector of Battle Mage and Kelp legs just for that sdi).. max lmc/lrc.. the only other thing I focus on is "damage eater" (the healing it does has saved me from death on a lot of occasions).

The artis I use:

Hawkinds Robe/Luck Conj Garb (depends on the mood I am in)
Minax Sandals
Jumu's Sacred Hide
Scholar's Halo
Tangle
Chaos Shield (for that 1/2)
then the aforementioned Wizard's Curio/Battle Mage/Kelp legs...

that and three nice Legendary pieces give me what I think is a nice suit.

*edit*

forgot to add Lt Sash replica

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi I run at least 1 spellweaving mage tamer on most us/europa/Drachs and Oceania shards some i have 3 or more i dont allways have the luxury for legendary suit parts but do try to conform to at least a full 70lrc suit with 7 lmc and 2mrg on each piece. I run full true 120 tmrs with 120 mage/meditation and 120 weaving. Have ei stoned scrolled for 110.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My template is very similar to what Kinslayer posted, except that my Vet and Med are a tad bit lower in favor of 120 Magery.

Regarding your suit... if you're going for pure SDI increase for more powerful Word of Death... you can take a look at some of the items on the list here: Spell Damage Increase - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Personally, I go with a suit that focuses on Damage/Kinetic/Fire eaters, all with 3/4 MR on each piece, +mana to get me over 200 total. With 29/30 MR and a fair amount of Meditation, you should be able to run the Level 3 Animal Taming mastery and still be able to cast enough to keep pets healed and do damage.

Lucivius

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My template is very similar to what Kinslayer posted, except that my Vet and Med are a tad bit lower in favor of 120 Magery.

Regarding your suit... if you're going for pure SDI increase for more powerful Word of Death... you can take a look at some of the items on the list here: Spell Damage Increase - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Personally, I go with a suit that focuses on Damage/Kinetic/Fire eaters, all with 3/4 MR on each piece, +mana to get me over 200 total. With 29/30 MR and a fair amount of Meditation, you should be able to run the Level 3 Animal Taming mastery and still be able to cast enough to keep pets healed and do damage.
Thanks everyone for the input. This is helpful.

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not as experienced as these guys, but I run:

110 Taming
115 Lore
100 Vet

106.1 Magery
108.9 Meditation
120 Eval Int
120 Spellweaving

110 Tame/115 Lore give, unless my info is out of date, 99% control chance on everything. I just swap jewels to max them both to 120 when I want to tame.
106.1 Magery gives 100% success of 7th circle spells. I virtually never use 8th circle spells on this char since they're mainly summons and inferior to pets.
Max Eval because damage
Max SW because max success on WoD

It's 780 skill total since I use +30 skill imbued jewelry (max luck, max sdi, +15 skill, +15 skill)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
110 Tame/115 Lore give, unless my info is out of date, 99% control chance on everything. I just swap jewels to max them both to 120 when I want to tame.
Good advise @Jolt.

The only thing that is off a little is the quoted part. Things changed on that front when the Pet Revamp Publish hit. I used to only run with 110/110 Tame/Lore but since the Pet Revamp I have been jumping to the 120/120. Once you train some of the pets to level 5 they just do not listen very well at the 110/115 so I think the control chance is less than 90% (especially the Cu and Naja) I would be willing to bet it is around 80% range. I don't have any numbers to back that 80% up it because I ain't "that guy" lol... just going off my own observations.