• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sutek.... Moonglow Event

G

Sutek knew the Shadowlords personally, before they became "The Shadowlords." Sutek was on the ship that brought the Shadowlords to the underworld.

Sutek was the man who found the bloodied body after we were all teleported back to normal Moonglow.

Little piece of information for those of you piecing together the story.

I

imported_Skrag

I played the s@#t out of Ultima V back in the day. All this stuff about the Shadowlords having been people, where does this come from?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sutek knew the Shadowlords personally, before they became "The Shadowlords." Sutek was on the ship that brought the Shadowlords to the underworld.

Sutek was the man who found the bloodied body after we were all teleported back to normal Moonglow.

Little piece of information for those of you piecing together the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't Sutek, it was Captain Johne whose ship went down a whirlpool and found the three shards of the dark jewel. He went mad and slew three of his crew who were raised by the three shards and became the three Shadowlords. Here is the transcript of dialogue in Ultima 5. Do a search for Johne and for Sutek. Sutek is a hermit and a seer perhaps who has scried out the means for destroying the Shadowlords. He lives upon a swampy isle north of Blackthorn's castle, I think. Alas, in Ultima 6 he goes mad and inhabits Blackthorne's castle, conducting odd experiments which create strange beasts like a two headed horse.

Edit: Doh, more source material to contribute to our guild Ultima Project. I thank you for that. What is the source of this material?

G

It was Johne's ship, but Sutek was on it. Atleast for a little bit.

G

It isn't official, but the "Tale of Captain Johne" from the Book of Lore page at http://www.u5lazarus.com/ is a very well crafted version of the story.

Also, for what it's worth, Sutek ended up going insane in his later years and created a living Pushme-Pullyou, among other mad experiments. :p

I

imported_kinney42

What in the name of all that is holy/unholy is a pushme-pullyou?

G

<blockquote><hr>

What in the name of all that is holy/unholy is a pushme-pullyou?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the two headed horse.
It had a head on either end and that was its name. Sadly, I don't think notable Ultima ever got around to finishing the second half of the game dialogue, or I'd link you to it.

I

imported_Coppelia

Ok it's nice and all but I don't have time to read all Ultima's lore.
Can anyone tell me if shadowlords are working with berserker demons to destroy Moonglow or if they are a different side and will defend Moonglow?

G

A two-headed llama... basically one head on each end, so it doesn't know wether it's coming or going. What, nobody here saw "Doctor Dolittle" when they were a kid? And not the Eddie Murphy one. Or read the books for that matter?

I was wrong btw, it's "Pushmi-pullyu".

G

Man, the thing I remember about U5 was that it was great on Commodore 128 and how we got to shoot diagonal. You couldn't in U4. Ahh.. the memories (failing memories, I should say).
Wish there were whirlpools in UO that would take you down to T2A lost lands.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok it's nice and all but I don't have time to read all Ultima's lore.
Can anyone tell me if shadowlords are working with berserker demons to destroy Moonglow or if they are a different side and will defend Moonglow?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Draconi's post in one of the other threads, they are working together. The Dev team changed the berzerker kill everything in sight nature so they will refrain from killing the other villainous creatures from here on out.

I

imported_Skrag

If the demons are bad, then the angel guys are good? So why do they attack me?

Okay, I've been dread forever, so I know why they would want to attack me. Why are they attacking you good guys?

G

<blockquote><hr>

It isn't official, but the "Tale of Captain Johne" from the Book of Lore page at http://www.u5lazarus.com/ is a very well crafted version of the story.

Also, for what it's worth, Sutek ended up going insane in his later years and created a living Pushme-Pullyou, among other mad experiments. :p

[/ QUOTE ]

I love reading works like this, whether they are official or not. Our guild has our own interpretation of the Ultima storyline and characters. We try to incorporate as many sources as possible (because we're nuts like that) and mesh everything into one cohesive storyline. We've already got lots of story notes on Captain Johne. In our fiction, for instance we made Captain Johne and Mandrake of the Wine, Women, and Song principles into brothers because, well, they sorta bear a family resemblance...

G

<blockquote><hr>

If the demons are bad, then the angel guys are good? So why do they attack me?

Okay, I've been dread forever, so I know why they would want to attack me. Why are they attacking you good guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are Fallen Ethereal Warriors, which I suspect makes them much like Lucifer and the devils of hell. Can I even say that on these message boards? Guess we'll find out when I hit submit. At any rate, I'm pretty sure now that they're villains too.