• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] surge shields

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've found a surge shields.
It's the first time that i see one of them.
Brtittle
Surge mana regeneration
Faster casting 1
LMC 4%
Fire resist 5%
cold resist 1%

It's a good item?
What means Surge mana regeneration?
It's price is high?
Thanks

D

Drazasamus

on nappa i have seen them go for about 500k, I sold mine for 20kish i believe. many will pop up, and the price will go down, and i hate the huge luna prices

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But Drazasamus, it's a good item?
Iìm intenested not in selling but in having good items :)

D

Drazasamus

as far as a good item, yes. Using it will cause your mana to regen at an increased rate. If you can imbue it (not sure) with spell channeling, then you have a nice shield for mages to help with thier mana regen

T

Tazar

Including the new "Brittle" property, it looks like the shield already has 5 properties so I don't think you will be able to imbue it.

If you do a few of the level 5 or 6 treasure maps, you should be able to get one and test it out. They are not that hard to get and I think they should not be very expensive.

O

Old Man of UO

So far I have found two kinds of Surge shields - the first and most common is the mana regen with 5 properties. I have found one with Hit Point regen instead, and only had one (I think one) additional property besides the Brittle, which was +1 Cold Resist.

Both items would be useful after a dirt nap.

D

Drazasamus

i sam one of the shields on uoguide.com that had the spellchanneling property on it, so that would be useful for mages

S

Sharpthorn

i havn't found a GREAT use for them yet, but i did note that they can be converted for gargoyles:mf_prop: