• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sure wish I could enjoy the game in its entirety!

Y

Yalp

Feeling a little bit like a rant I guess.. feel free to move it Mods.

I wish I could actually enjoy the full content of the game, since I pay the full fair each month to play this game.

I'm talking about factions, but it's a pvp issue in general. An honest player can't compete even for a few seconds with the double casting, speed hacking, pot chugging, healing scripts illegally running out there.

Too bad too.. we have dozens of peeps wanting to engage in factions, buggy as it is.. and we all refuse to run illegal 3rd party programs... so of course we all die in a mere 2.2 seconds to those "l33t" guilds out there...who in their right mind finds that fun?

.. the only thing stopping our group from loading up all those programs is our morality.. if the producers of this game don't give a rat's A$$ about the cheating.. remind me again why I should?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I wish I could actually enjoy the full content of the game, since I pay the full fair each month to play this game.

I'm talking about factions, but it's a pvp issue in general. An honest player can't compete even for a few seconds with the double casting, speed hacking, pot chugging, healing scripts illegally running out there.

Too bad too.. we have dozens of peeps wanting to engage in factions, buggy as it is.. and we all refuse to run illegal 3rd party programs... so of course we all die in a mere 2.2 seconds to those "l33t" guilds out there...who in their right mind finds that fun?

.. the only thing stopping our group from loading up all those programs is our morality.. if the producers of this game don't give a rat's A$$ about the cheating.. remind me again why I should?

Not I....... and your not alone in your thinking....... I too refuse to take part in using 3rd party programs.... (though I DO use approved ones like UOAssist...)... would be nice if they could fix the hacking and scripting... but seems to me that's not likely to occur...

B

BardMal

Yea, I gave up entirely in '05.

Surrender is the first step in the healing process.

G

Gellor

Try zerging... when skill and hacks simply just aren't enough:hahaha:

D

DPudding

I think a bunch of blues....like 50 or more....should gate into Fel....and kill every person they see. All target one player at a time and kill them. Move from place to place....make everyone miserable. Don't give them time to call for help. Hit and move. Write down their names....then come here and talk about how much fun it was to kill them.

I

Inquisitor [AK]

sounds like sombody got killed
WBB----->
theres no such thing as FC hack or dmg hack whatsoever
healing scripts suck in pvp
the only thing that really give an illegal advantage in pvp is a trapboxscript and speedhack
ye speedhaxxers **** me off alot aswell
so do u trammel "cheater" spammers as soon as somebody dares to kill u
if they kill you they cheat right?
ever thougt hes using his macros better than u? got a better suit? more expierince?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I refuse to download illegal programs on my computer. I won't take a chance on downloading a key logger or a script so someone can hack into my accounts.
At times it is frustrating when nothing is being done about it. from your point of view, but that does not mean that the Devs don't care or that they might be working on something that will end all this use of illegal programs.( hears all the laughing in the back ground) but I know that I play legit and will keep playing that way.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You getting killed very very quickly in pvp doesnt mean your opponents hack... when you play fps do you whine like this when another player kill you? do you blame on aim bots? auto headshot hack? wall hack?

uo is complicated, did you get killed by a tamer? if so thats because pets are currently stupid in pvp. but you have no excuse when you get dropped in 2.2 seconds by others unless its a super souped up archer or you go to fel naked.

better mages casting at better timing doesnt mean hes "double cast hacking" only pets in game casts in that stupid fashion. also explosion fs combo isnt double casting hack neither. and if you are getting owned 1v1 in 2.2 second consistantly how do you know your opponent is bandage hacking pot chugging ect ect. so if you poison me and i chug a pot right away because i am more experienced and have a macro setup for it but because your inability to do the same that makes me a hacker?

as an honest and successful pvper i advise you try not to cry about everyone hacking because they can face plant you easily or have better timing skill. PvP has gotta so complicated its the end game of uo, thus not really designed for rookies. The best you can do rightnow is either spend some gold and get a super bow and make an archer or even better yet, make a pvp tamer. Both are amazingly effective in pvp while dont require too much player inputs to make it work.

G

Green Meanie

Healing scripts are a bandaid for poor pvpers.

There is nothign a healing script can do that a player using macros couldnt do better.

Few examples. A healing script wount see that o wait theres 30 pvpers on my screen i better chug this heal pot asap. it will only say ok hp is below x drink pot. A healing script wont see o wait hes immune to poison level x it will only see hey hes poisoned drink a pot. Most healing scripts wont see o wait he has a fs up getting ready to dump it i shouldnt use an item and cost him his spell.

Speed hacks do suck.

Theres other pvp scripts too that a smart player can exploit against a player
brings to mind ppl that pop off there mount when they see someone is going to bola them.

Hacks hmmmm i can think of 1 active hack on uo and as far as pvp advantage all it lets you do is walk through any non permanet item ( a traped box for example) and make tress stumps to increase visablity. this shouldnt cause you to die anyfaster.

There are no double cast hacks or damage increase hacks.

there has been bugs in the past where you can cast a spell off a scroll and cast it at the same time but theres none existing now i can think of

S

Splup

I don't use any scripts/hacks and I do just fine. Only thing annoying me is speedhack. UO-Assist you definitly need, but that's it.

And most of the PvP:rs I know don't use hacks and they do damn good in PvP.

C

Chaos of Origin

Always makes me laugh when I see posts like this that basically say, Hey, don't knock PvP, I PvP and I don't cheat. That's like saying I don't use steroids, or I did not have --- relations with that woman" I mean really... Let's put a post out there and have everyone who is using these illegal programs identify themselves so that they can be chastised at lengthwithout upsetting the handfull of honorable GOOD pvpers out there. But when I see posts that demand that the Devs nerf taming again because the dragons are too powerful because they kill them. (just a note, they are powerful, and it's about time that tamers got a really nice pet that justifies the years of work that are put into taming skills to 120) They discovered that their rinse and repeat macros can't handle the dragons, and that dragons will kill them in a few hits, and their days of waltzing into a spawn and one hit killing everything.. I could go on and on. Nerf mage weapons because the clickers don't want to have their template bested by someone that is a full blown mage and a free GM+ weapon skill. All there is to do is play the "GAME". And saying that PvP is the pinnacle of game play in UO is ludicrous. Yeah, a pro wrestler could pick up a reporter and pile drive him into the concrete and hurt them badly, but the "sport" is fake. It is stylized theater with extremely poor acting. PvP is nothing more than another aspect of the game that the Dev team caters to in order to maintain it's player base. That is all. So all of you legitimate PvPers out there, quit flaming the people who complain about the cheaters. Cheating in PvP is the RULE, rather than the exception. Instead of flaming the posters, how about you get off your backsides and help police up the mess in Fel. Be a positive influence in the game instead of just coasting through the forums blaming these people of being crappy players and not having as much experience, gold, suit, macro knowlefge, etc than you do. On a side note. If you go into Fel, they PvP there, and the vast majority of people that PvP cheat. Live with it, or stay the heck out of Fel

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP has gotta so complicated its the end game of uo, thus not really designed for rookies.
WarUltima, i respect many of your views posted here and would agree with this statement completely, but can you not see that there is a massive problem with this?

So many people play UO and steer clear of PvP because of the above fact. Its a shame because PvP is one of the most exhilerating parts of the game.

Speedhacking and other cheating plays a part but the fact that alot of people give pvp the body swerve is largely to do with the fact that fel is all about gank mentality. Very few people would choose a fair 1 on 1 fight vs swarming with large numbers on a single target with a dismount/disarm/para gank. To me, this is prob what drives most away from fel.

I think its about time some good systems to encourage entry level PvP were put in place and when this happens, the bridge between the PvP noobs and the leet pvpers can be formed.

Right now, I would say factions do more to discourage entry level PvP than anything else because it encourages the gank mentality and imposes harsh penalties for being killed (often unfairly).

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WarUltima, i respect many of your views posted here and would agree with this statement completely, but can you not see that there is a massive problem with this?

So many people play UO and steer clear of PvP because of the above fact. Its a shame because PvP is one of the most exhilerating parts of the game.

Speedhacking and other cheating plays a part but the fact that alot of people give pvp the body swerve is largely to do with the fact that fel is all about gank mentality. Very few people would choose a fair 1 on 1 fight vs swarming with large numbers on a single target with a dismount/disarm/para gank. To me, this is prob what drives most away from fel.

I think its about time some good systems to encourage entry level PvP were put in place and when this happens, the bridge between the PvP noobs and the leet pvpers can be formed.

Right now, I would say factions do more to discourage entry level PvP than anything else because it encourages the gank mentality and imposes harsh penalties for being killed (often unfairly).
With the AOS system PvP will always be the Haves vs Have nots where pre AOS you had a chance in GM crafted gear. It will always be unbalanced one way or another the way UO is today, How many nerfs/balance passes have we had since AOS? IF it were the old system how much time would the devs have to fix cheats vs balanceing/nerfing stuff?

A

Anon McDougle

i have said it before its all about macros and how well you use them. you can tell good pvpers by talking to them

Anon:hi lady killer person
lady killer person: curse heal poison poison cure explosion FS wither corpse skin (translated hello anon )

most PVM folks have 5 maybe 7 macros PVPers have 15 or more and can use in sleep.

so joe noob goes in dies quick and never comes back

do away with reds and blues and guard zones etc etc make a new leveled system say 5 colors
a green (5 kills or less ) can only fight other greens or maybe yellow(ten kills or more) up to red or whatever with lots of kills :IE experiance this would bring in people not scrolls or pixal crack but an honest hope that they might be able to compete

C

CatLord

Greetings.
We are new to pvp and rocked all the reds that tried to raid us and blues that tried to grief us... holding Despise for about two hours...

Our secret? I'm not saying!

Muhahaha!
(cheating sucks!)

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings.
We are new to pvp and rocked all the reds that tried to raid us and blues that tried to grief us... holding Despise for about two hours...

Our secret? I'm not saying!

Muhahaha!
(cheating sucks!)
WOW!!

Can we be friends? Please?

G

Gellor

Aside from zerging and the perceived "all PvPers hack/cheat", you just ran into other things that separate a PvPer from a PvMer.
  1. Templates - More often than not, PvP templates are very specialized for either killing people or surviving being killed. PvM templates are more often specialized for killing monsters and have skills of no use in PvP(bards skills, vet skill, etc)
  2. Equipment - Again, more often than not PvP equipment is very specialized... resist, mana regen, etc are crucial. PvM equipment is also very specialized... usually toward luck, skill, spell damage, etc.
  3. Macros - Again, more often than not PvP macros are setup for what is needed in PvP... no superfluous PvM macros.
  4. Training/tactics - Again, more often than not PvPers have a different set of tactics and training. The VERY good PvPers are ADD to the point of seeing both offense and defense at the same time:hahaha: They also use voice programs so they can synchronize targets and crossheal.

On my PvP specific chars, I've got the templates and equipment dialed in so I can survive pretty well... hard to kill 1v1 and sometimes 1v2. I only use UO Assist. My templates are teamwork templates so rarely do I get a killshot... but I am able to crossheal and stay alive enough to help my guild against the pod racers and special ability players. :rolleyes:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Play a thief in factions and steal sigs and run and run and run...la

Y

Yalp

When you start a thread like this you inevitably get those who bend over backwards to dismiss the claims of scripting pvp'rs. I tend to ignore them, because I know the circumstances/actions with which I speak of. It's like spitting in the wind to try to have this conversation. Nothing will be settled with it.... but for facts...

... people catching you when you are at full speed, great connection, not lagging and more than 2 screens away from them

...people skipping tiles and running over obstacles in fel that you yourself have to run around.

...people double casting corpse skin and fs.

...people 1 shot killing you when you are at full health, have 50 dci and are full 70's suit.

...people OPENLY discussing they are having issues with *** program and have to go reload it. Even getting a photo of them and the journal discussing this isn't good enough for our development team.

I have no problems with people with better tactics, or use of hybrid templates, or stepping off their dread, or bringing their greater to the fight, or making use of macros.. that is part of the game. Our macros, templates, armor and weapons are the same or better. Our tunes are set up for pvp, not pvm. Our tactics, since we don't cheat, is to use our greater numbers over their smaller numbers...we've gotten our share of kills in. There is a point where numbers outweigh the hacking programs. Dropping 1-2 cheaters with our 4-5 peeps and getting out before they call in reinforcements is our strategy, and it works alot! But the moment it turns to 4-5 honest players v. 4-5 cheaters.. there is no way to survive past 2.2 second.. NONE. Anyone that thinks its just part of the game, is fooling themselves or cheating.

Like all of you, I've read EA team's "comments" about doing something... secretly of course.... about hacking for more than 5 years.... and yet when you look at their actions.. you see the sum total of their efforts......ZERO.. ZILCH... ZIPPO... I refuse to be that gullible.

So chalk me up on the pet peeve list of those who complain of peeps who join factions for the suped-arties, but never actually engage in faction action. Until cheaters and hackers are dropped from the game.. count me as a Luna Bank Sitter on my purty purplie horsie and dressed to the nines in my sweet faction arties!

S

Splup

When you start a thread like this you inevitably get those who bend over backwards to dismiss the claims of scripting pvp'rs. I tend to ignore them, because I know the circumstances/actions with which I speak of. It's like spitting in the wind to try to have this conversation. Nothing will be settled with it.... but for facts...

... people catching you when you are at full speed, great connection, not lagging and more than 2 screens away from them
True if you are making turns, thou they can do this with UOKR too. But yes, usually they are speedhackers.
...people skipping tiles and running over obstacles in fel that you yourself have to run around.
True, for example walking over bagballs.

Not true. Dunno about corpse skin, but atleast evil omen is so fast spell that with good timing you can cast FS+EO and EO hits before FS does dmg.

...people 1 shot killing you when you are at full health, have 50 dci and are full 70's suit.
Is this a joke? I'v been instakilled by a pet but never by a player. If someone can really confirm this, I would like to see the screenshot.

...people OPENLY discussing they are having issues with *** program and have to go reload it. Even getting a photo of them and the journal discussing this isn't good enough for our development team.
Prolly true.

T

Turdnugget

I'd like to know how those that claim not to use said PvP scripts to help heal/cure can hit their cure macro at EXACTLY the right time when poisoned.

Typically with UOA you'll get the 'you must wait to perform another action' even trying to hold down a spam for cure poison. Unless you've got godlike reflexes and know exactly when that person is gonna poison you, there is no way that you can hit that cure macro at exactly the right time to be cured a milisecond after you get poisoned.

It's sad seeing the people that say, 'oh you got killed so that means they're a hacker'.

That's just stupid. All those that PvP on a regular basis know full well that a majority of PvPers do indeed use illegal programs at some point to help them out. Whether it be turning on speeder in a time of desperation to get off screen to heal up, or to use that cure pot macro that cures you instantly and timed perfectly, or the ability to run over stumps, and gravestones, and to have your tree images turn into stumps so you lag less. Or the field hack so they lag even less...

There are definately certain guilds that use them more often than others, and are more noticeable than others.

What cracks me up is seeing an Asian guild run as fast (faster) than I do... when they live in Asia. Unless they've got some uber fast fiber optic line connected directly from their house to the server... I don't see how they can run as fast if not faster than I w/out the use of certain programs.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you pvm you must realize that pvpers have macroed every single action they may need to undertake in game. Binding anything they cant do with just the game to UOA.

we react faster from experience, even a bad pvper can play a template they're a newb to and beat the best of trammel players because pvp requires such a larger degree of actions and reactions to situations.

G

Gellor

As I said, I won't deny people use illegal aids in PvP... but to throw the generalization of "if you PvP, you MUST be using illegal aids" is beyond a slight exaggeration. That is like saying "if you drive, you MUST be speeding".

What some people are calling scripting is simply good timing. You know, some people actually do have good timing down to an art. Somedays, I can actually get my timing down on cures and nail every cure when I need it.

Again, I know such scripts exist but I also know that some people are actually THAT good.

I would liken this whole "all PvPers hax0r" because they kill my PvM char instantly to a couch potato trying to compete against a professional athlete and then claiming "I was beat because he used steroids":hahaha:

T

Turdnugget

I've PvP'd for years.

I just don't get the insta-cure upong being poisoned. It's too fast, even for UOA. I've tried it.

G

Gellor

I've PvP'd for years.

I just don't get the insta-cure upong being poisoned. It's too fast, even for UOA. I've tried it.
You are belaboring a point that can and has been explained. Just because some people literally have their timing down pat doesn't mean they are cheating.

And just because YOU can't duplicate what other people can do doesn't mean they are cheating. Again, using a sports analogy, just because you can't slam dunk a ball means everyone who can must be on something? rolleyes:

For me, somedays PvP slows down to the point it feels kind of like a movie slow motion scene where everything goes super slow while the hero sees/acts at regular speed. On those days, my timing is smack on. Otherdays, my timing is so far off I'm trying to cure mortal blows:hahaha:

Are there some out there cheating? Yes. Are a majority of people cheating? Maybe but doubtful.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its fair to say as a general rule that the majority of people that you meet in the field of PvP are cheating in some way.

Whether it be a simple bandage script right through to a speed hack, most are making use of something illegal.

I think its got to the stage now where alot of people look at acquiring the latest speedhack in a similar light to acquring a high end artifact, replica or peice of armour.

Its quite scary

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who's been around for several years and been in numerous guilds can tell you exactly how bad the cheating in PvP really has become.

I've sat in almost every west coast PvP guild's TS or Vent and I will tell you for a fact that 80-90% of the people PvPing are cheating.

It's gotten to the point that they don't even care who's listening or what they say in game about their cheat programs, because EA doesn't care.

Why anybody even bothers to play this cheat filled pile of **** game is beyond me.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's posts like this that are just stupid.

There is only one real problem, and that's speedhack. I say let these newbs script their PvP, they are still easily killable. The speedhack is the only urgent problem that needs to be fixed.

THERE IS NO DOUBLE CASTING HACK, THERE IS NO DAMAGE HACK. I'm sick of hearing about false problems.

Y

Yalp

Stupid post? REALLY? Are you willingly trying to obfuscate the issue or are you just not observant?

There POSITIVELY ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT QUESTION or DOUBT the illegal program to double cast.. I've seen it over and over from the same few peeps.

The claim that some people just have "their timing down pat" .. are you kidding me? You really think we are that stupid? Over and over I've seen this "timing" at work, 100% of the time, 100% cured lethal poison in less than 0.1 second. TIMING is your answer.. you really think we are that stupid? Geez.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always makes me laugh when I see posts like this that basically say, Hey, don't knock PvP, I PvP and I don't cheat. That's like saying I don't use steroids, or I did not have --- relations with that woman" I mean really... Let's put a post out there and have everyone who is using these illegal programs identify themselves so that they can be chastised at lengthwithout upsetting the handfull of honorable GOOD pvpers out there. But when I see posts that demand that the Devs nerf taming again because the dragons are too powerful because they kill them. (just a note, they are powerful, and it's about time that tamers got a really nice pet that justifies the years of work that are put into taming skills to 120) They discovered that their rinse and repeat macros can't handle the dragons, and that dragons will kill them in a few hits, and their days of waltzing into a spawn and one hit killing everything.. I could go on and on. Nerf mage weapons because the clickers don't want to have their template bested by someone that is a full blown mage and a free GM+ weapon skill. All there is to do is play the "GAME". And saying that PvP is the pinnacle of game play in UO is ludicrous. Yeah, a pro wrestler could pick up a reporter and pile drive him into the concrete and hurt them badly, but the "sport" is fake. It is stylized theater with extremely poor acting. PvP is nothing more than another aspect of the game that the Dev team caters to in order to maintain it's player base. That is all. So all of you legitimate PvPers out there, quit flaming the people who complain about the cheaters. Cheating in PvP is the RULE, rather than the exception. Instead of flaming the posters, how about you get off your backsides and help police up the mess in Fel. Be a positive influence in the game instead of just coasting through the forums blaming these people of being crappy players and not having as much experience, gold, suit, macro knowlefge, etc than you do. On a side note. If you go into Fel, they PvP there, and the vast majority of people that PvP cheat. Live with it, or stay the heck out of Fel

Always makes me laugh when someone posts that can't puncuate or spell 1/2 the time. I didn't check your spelling because your babbling is all blobbed into one mess.

I, for one, will admitt, I suck at pvp. From what I have seen over the years, the bulk of pvp is a skill.

Manuevering your fingers fast enough around a keyboard to specific keys and being able to think quickly while you do it. The speedhacking things always been an issue...........so bottom line, either you got it to pvp or you don't.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always makes me laugh when someone posts that can't puncuate or spell 1/2 the time. I didn't check your spelling because your babbling is all blobbed into one mess.

I, for one, will admitt, I suck at pvp. From what I have seen over the years, the bulk of pvp is a skill.

Manuevering your fingers fast enough around a keyboard to specific keys and being able to think quickly while you do it. The speedhacking things always been an issue...........so bottom line, either you got it to pvp or you don't.
I think the so-called "good" PvP'ers do very little in terms of rapid finger movements. It's third party programmed up to the point where complex actions are carried out with a single keystroke... disarming, quaffing a potion, and rearming all by hitting one key type of things.

And regarding taming.... oh man. I've seen people go from 0 to 100 or 120 in a couple of weeks tops (and yes, virtually everyone I have EVER seen working taming, used third party programs... either legal or illegal, attended or unattended. Frankly, to me, it makes no difference if someone is sitting there and cheating or not sitting there and cheating.) So the gradiose claims that tamers handcraft their art for years to reach 120, I can't help but think, what planet are you playing UO from?

I

Inquisitor [AK]

LMFAO
FC hack, MG Hack
thats the most utter BS i ever heard learn game mechanics tbh
theres no such thing as FC or DMG hack
damage or casting speed gets calculated by the server not by the client and it would need a ****in serverhack to change ur dmg or castingspeed
i have never heard that uo players hacked the uo servers to make em csat faster or do more dmg did u hear something like that yet? not like u learn serverhax at the schoolyard
there was some kind of FC bug once where u could cast explo of magicarrow with a scroll and cast spell and scroll at same time but thats fixed
come on you just got owned and are now raging like girls cos the red LOLed a bit at you
its BS that the majority of UO PvPers cheat
the minority does
i dont know whats goin on on american shards but on european shards 80% of us play fair and thats no lie
if u cant take it that u die in fel then dont go there and stay in trammel where ur save from "cheaters" you can do guildwars in safety there with ur bubble around you
QQ more stratics

O

Orthus

Ok, I don't post much, but I have played off and on since launch way back when. I was in a PvP guild a few years ago and the major factor in our guild (we dueled incessantly) was ping/connection speed. The assistant guildmaster lost his broadband and switched to dialup (I was on dialup at the time) and his response was "How the hell can you play like this?" My PvP performance went up a ton when I finally acquired broadband. The better your connection, the closer you are to the server, the better you are. We also experimented with combos and sequences incessantly. One person would simply defend (heal/cure/pot as fast as possible) while the offensive person would try different combos of spells and attacks. Only the best were macro'ed to be used in a real situation. Once macro'ed, sequences can be defended. We dueled so much that you could recognize individual member's sequences from the first spell or attack...essentially predicting their next move.

On the other hand, I had an undergraduate student (the one that turned me on to UO...he had been a beta-tester) put together a scripting program by sniffing the information being exchanged between the server, his client, and his input devices (mouse/keyboard)...IN ONE NIGHT (okay, he was really good with Visual Studio). He tried it first on unattended training and it worked like a champ.

From a dev point of view, it's easier to catch dupers and unattended trainers than script monkeys. Everything my student's scripter did looked exactly like a normal, but optimally fast, human. You can't catch that; you can only suspect it. Sooo, if you want to keep people thinking that you're serious about the purity of the game, you concentrate on dupers, unattended players, and closing known exploits. At least then you can point to some results.

As for the rant about "whiners," we've perma-banned enough hackers on my clan's RTCW:ET servers to know that aimbots, wall hacks, and other hacks get used constantly. PunkBuster catches most of them, we spec the rest of the suspicious ones and require multiple clan member confirmation to kick.

For every online game, there's a legion of XBox360/PS3-raised kids that think cheat codes are legit. They cheat and think nothing of it...after all, that stuff's built into the games on which they were raised. Lose to them and they laugh at you for not being smart enough to cheat.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There. Is. No. Damage. Hack.

Speed hack, yes. And it is a problem. But people need to stop posting this BS about one hit kills, FC hacks, and damage hacks. Claims of BS hacks like these are nothing more than incredibly poor sportsmanship. I don't suck at PvP but I am definitely not good at it, but if some manages to completely beat me in a fight I don't go spamming that they are a hacker.

T

Turdnugget

You are belaboring a point that can and has been explained. Just because some people literally have their timing down pat doesn't mean they are cheating.

And just because YOU can't duplicate what other people can do doesn't mean they are cheating. Again, using a sports analogy, just because you can't slam dunk a ball means everyone who can must be on something?
It's interesting that the majority of people I fight against have the exact same timing down pat with regards to cure pots... they must get together at a netcafe and practice huh?

Timing spells I can understand, as you can actually SEE what spells are being cast. Poison on the other hand is different. Using infectious strike you CANNOT see when it's going to be laid down. Unless these so called expertimed cures have their cure button relayed to their mouse and someone telepathically know at exactly what moment you're going to land that special...I call BS.

If these so called expert PvPers who can insta cure are so dang awesome. How about some of them post a video on their excellent timing? Showing full taskbar etc... I doubt any of these perfectly timed cures will be able to do it w/out their special programs.

I mean c'mon, the way some of these people cure the message of 'You have successfully poisoned said person and was raised one level of poison' isn't even finished showing up on your screen by the time the person has already cured themselves. Explain that one. And I highly doubt a human can react THAT fast.

But ya, speeders are definately more of an issue that UOMedic. The insta cure just nullifies nox templates, since most of the users do carry 20+ pots.

V

Valentina

You shouldn't. I had no idea things were so bad, but if all that is true, then there is nothing wrong with playing by the exact same rules as your prospective opponents.

Y

Yalp

thanks Val.. it's a more sad comment on UO than it's about legit game players.

I love peeps who completely deny there's anything other than speed hacks going on...it really does validate the thought there are people in this world who shouldn't be contributing to the human gene pool.

S

SUPRsalad

I think a bunch of blues....like 50 or more....should gate into Fel....and kill every person they see. All target one player at a time and kill them. Move from place to place....make everyone miserable. Don't give them time to call for help. Hit and move. Write down their names....then come here and talk about how much fun it was to kill them.
please! come! I've been waiting for that to happen for a long long time.

bring it! bring all your insurance money to fel!

S

SUPRsalad

It's interesting that the majority of people I fight against have the exact same timing down pat with regards to cure pots... they must get together at a netcafe and practice huh?

Timing spells I can understand, as you can actually SEE what spells are being cast. Poison on the other hand is different. Using infectious strike you CANNOT see when it's going to be laid down. Unless these so called expertimed cures have their cure button relayed to their mouse and someone telepathically know at exactly what moment you're going to land that special...I call BS.

If these so called expert PvPers who can insta cure are so dang awesome. How about some of them post a video on their excellent timing? Showing full taskbar etc... I doubt any of these perfectly timed cures will be able to do it w/out their special programs.

I mean c'mon, the way some of these people cure the message of 'You have successfully poisoned said person and was raised one level of poison' isn't even finished showing up on your screen by the time the person has already cured themselves. Explain that one. And I highly doubt a human can react THAT fast.

But ya, speeders are definately more of an issue that UOMedic. The insta cure just nullifies nox templates, since most of the users do carry 20+ pots.
Ill do it! If you can show me a video app that works, i will GLADLY duel any one of you, task bar in full view. Its funny, you guessed it. My cure pots ARE on my mouse! Its a lot easier than you would think. Last i checked UOassist isn't illegal. I liked the sports analogy.

I am just a necro mage. My suit pretty much sucks. Aof/folded/crystaline combo, and i gotta a real crappy sc no nec mage weap, leaving my other hand free. I know my macros, and I have my defensive spells/pots well placed.

If you are on pac, hit me up, I will GLADLY teach ANY one of you trammies how to play a mage without a single cheat/hack..

btw, uomedic or whatever is NO match for well placed macros..